U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 AM

445 posts, read 927,718 times
There are way too many lists. The airport is fine. Im not sure how to feel about that drunkest list. or .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 11:27 AM

4,128 posts, read 5,236,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbliss View Post
El Paso airport is just kinda small but not ugly.
Like on poster said there are no direct flights.
When my step-son goes Home to CO. they always stop in AZ.
No direct flights? I fly to Houston non stop and even to Denver.

And I don't know about what airports are pretty because honestly I could give a flying F#%& about the looks. I love our airport because I can park literally 50 yards from the front door and from the time I close my door I can be at my gate in 10 mins even getting my tickets at the kiosk. Try doing that at most airports.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:33 AM

3,858 posts, read 3,621,434 times
Non stop destinations to/from El Paso.

EPIA - Flightview Air Traffic Map (http://www.elpasointernationalairport.com/2009/fvm.html - broken link)
El Paso International Aiport (ELP), Texas

ABQ - Albuquerque
ALM - Alamogordo
ATL - Atlanta
AUS - Austin
CNM - Carlsbad
DFW - Dallas/Fort Worth
DAL - Dallas/Love
DEN - Denver
ELP - El Paso
HOU - Houston
IAH - Houston/Bush
LAS - Las Vegas
LAX - Los Angeles
LBB - Lubbock
ORD - Chicago/O'Hare
PHX - Phoenix
SAT - San Antonio
SAN - San Diego
SLC - Salt Lake City

Old 02-17-2010, 01:35 PM

919 posts, read 1,510,863 times
I disagree as well. The airport is actually pretty nice in my opinon. Especially the restrooms since they are always clean.

I would rate Hobby (Houston) and Love field (Dallas) way uglier then El Paso airport. These two airports by the way are also in a not so great part of town for their respective cities.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:52 PM

276 posts, read 418,776 times
I flew in here, and I had no ill thoughts of the Air Port, to be honest I really liked it. Guess I have poor taste.. but Travel & Leisure have always bashed El Paso.. I get a free subscription to the magazine.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM

445 posts, read 927,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
I flew in here, and I had no ill thoughts of the Air Port, to be honest I really liked it. Guess I have poor taste.. but Travel & Leisure have always bashed El Paso.. I get a free subscription to the magazine.
Cancel it.

Even if it were free I'd tell them no.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM

276 posts, read 418,776 times
Why.. I am only here for 3 years and then off to another post. I happen to like the magazine. El Paso is not a bad place, but its not my final destination.

Old 02-17-2010, 07:16 PM

4,125 posts, read 6,488,597 times
Default Hmm...

You know what they say about an ugly person.... "they are beautiful on the inside".

Perhaps the people making the decision based it on the outer asthetics and architecture, and not what we see inside? I can't think of why it would be disignated as ugly unless it was being judged externally.

I fly often, mostly international, but I have certainly been to some small, ugly airports, even in the US... Kern County, or Bakersfield come to mind, it was like waiting for a Greyhound bus, and when you arrived, you had to pick up your luggage outdoors where it was placed on a shelf! I'm sure it's been upgraded in the last five, or six years since I was last there. But I digress...

Architects usually have a more creative mind than those not in the field, it takes an eye and an imagination. Perhaps what they saw did not fit in their mold, or 'industry' standards?

'Not making excuses for the magazine, I'm only trying to wonder why El Paso landed where it did. I think the airport is just fine, right size for the amount of flights it handles, and the size of El Paso.

Old 02-17-2010, 08:27 PM

2,161 posts, read 2,243,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
We also made the 'drunkest city' list.

America's Drunkest Cities : Men's Health Metrogrades

1 Fresno, CA
2 Reno, NV
3 Billings, MT
4 Riverside, CA
5 Austin, TX
6 St. Louis, MO
7 San Antonio, TX
8 Lubbock, TX
9 Tucson, AZ
10 Bakersfield, CA
11 Las Vegas, NV
12 Modesto, CA
13 Columbia, SC
14 Nashville, TN
15 Madison, WI
16 Colorado Springs, CO
17 Denver, CO
18 Phoenix, AZ
19 Cheyenne, WY
20 Sacramento, CA
21 New Orleans, LA
22 Toledo, OH
23 Aurora, CO
24 El Paso, TX
25 Corpus Christi, TX
95 Newark, NJ
96 Miami, FL
97 Salt Lake City, UT
98 Rochester, NY
99 Yonkers, NY
100 Boston, MA
Now that list is absurd. Miami and Boston at the bottom?

Old 02-20-2010, 07:44 AM

47,586 posts, read 32,237,646 times
I don't know if there are more drunks here than in other cities but they are out driving around at 2 am. I think the police should try to make the roads here safer and drunk drivers should face some penalty. Too many horrendous accidents here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso