U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:16 AM

1 posts, read 3,355 times
Default Buying land in Hudspeth

Hey,

I'm currently living oversees but I want to relocate to Texas and buy some land in order to build on it. I'll be visiting El Paso in the next few months and I've come across some land offers from Sunset Ranches. Now, I've read the threads about Sunset Ranches and how some people got ripped off. The thing is, I want to live off the grid, go solar and have a well drilled. I know that there isn't any utilities available and that the land is barren, but that's what I'm looking for. I want solitude and tranquility, but proximity to a large city and El Paso isn't too far so that's OK.
Now there is something that bothers me with Sunset Ranches and it's the fact that they don't seem to have an office in El Paso or in Hudspeth at all. How is one supposed to have a good look at the parcel he is buying without having an agent show him exactly where it is and how big it is? I would be willing to buy the land for cash, but I want someone to show me exactly what I'm buying. Is that possible with Sunset Ranches? Are there other agencies that sell similar land in Hudspeth or El Paso county?
I'd rather buy some land in Terlingua, close to Big Bend but it's just too far from anything, so Sierra Blanca doesn't sound too bad because of the proximity to El Paso. But I'm open to suggestions. If you have any experience regarding Hudspeth, El Paso, Sunset Ranches, please share it with me. I have more questions to ask to anyone familiar with buying land and building in this region.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 08:20 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,697,760 times
You might want to read through some of the posts in this thread and then post your query there since the people who keep this thread going are very familiar with what's required to live in remote sections in Hudspeth county.

WALLACE TOWN THREAD

Old 03-24-2010, 12:57 PM

2,442 posts, read 4,650,928 times
If you pay more than $25 an acre you're nuts-

Old 03-25-2010, 06:05 AM
zix

79 posts, read 183,942 times
Buyer beware. read this thread. This has already been discussed numerous times.
I would guess over 90% of the people who buy, bought sight unseen. If they had seen first, they would NOT have bought. Does the expression "pig in a poke" mean anything to you? The buyers havent seen the land. The sellers have seen the land. Who do you think is coming out ahead on this deal?

Help Land on eBay in West Texas is it a rip off or not??

Old 03-29-2010, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,456 times
You might want to check out a website I found on Texas land in Hudspeth.....it is www.thedreamranches.com there is someone locally that can help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraVerde View Post
Hey,

I'm currently living oversees but I want to relocate to Texas and buy some land in order to build on it. I'll be visiting El Paso in the next few months and I've come across some land offers from Sunset Ranches. Now, I've read the threads about Sunset Ranches and how some people got ripped off. The thing is, I want to live off the grid, go solar and have a well drilled. I know that there isn't any utilities available and that the land is barren, but that's what I'm looking for. I want solitude and tranquility, but proximity to a large city and El Paso isn't too far so that's OK.
Now there is something that bothers me with Sunset Ranches and it's the fact that they don't seem to have an office in El Paso or in Hudspeth at all. How is one supposed to have a good look at the parcel he is buying without having an agent show him exactly where it is and how big it is? I would be willing to buy the land for cash, but I want someone to show me exactly what I'm buying. Is that possible with Sunset Ranches? Are there other agencies that sell similar land in Hudspeth or El Paso county?
I'd rather buy some land in Terlingua, close to Big Bend but it's just too far from anything, so Sierra Blanca doesn't sound too bad because of the proximity to El Paso. But I'm open to suggestions. If you have any experience regarding Hudspeth, El Paso, Sunset Ranches, please share it with me. I have more questions to ask to anyone familiar with buying land and building in this region.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:36 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,697,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncowboy52 View Post
You might want to check out a website I found on Texas land in Hudspeth.....it is www.thedreamranches.com there is someone locally that can help you.
By using GOOGLE MAPS to zoom in on that region you can see where there have been roads plowed outlining plots of land in what I would describe as "godforsaken" desert in the middle of nowhere!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM

121 posts, read 149,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraVerde View Post
Hey,

Hello there! Im one of those people who hang out on the Wallacetown thread and I DO own land in Hudspeth! If you are looking for land at a fair price I would suggest you give this guy a call. He has taken care of quite a few people out there and his land is all set to go including electricity (if you decide you want to go that route:

Give Fred Price a call, or check out Land sales - West Texas which is his website. He is the guy that I bought land from, and is the most honest person you could EVER deal with. His eight hundred number is (800) 418-3015.

Any other questions you got - ask away
Or come on over and read our thread!!

Welcome to Texas!!!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:59 PM

121 posts, read 149,748 times
By the way - a few questions to ask before you buy:
1) Where exactly is it located?
2) Does it have access (some lots are landlocked)
3) access to power if you want it (Rio Grande power charges about $2000.00 to bring it in about 500 feet)
4) Number of acres - anything less than 10 acres MUST have a spetic system (altho you probably want one of those anyways)
5) Water - most people buy plastic storage tanks and have the water trucked in from El Paso cuz a well is expensive and no guareentee you'll even hit it!

Old 01-05-2011, 05:09 PM

10 posts, read 10,755 times
Default Great site for information

There is a site that is dedicated to the land in and around Cornudas, Texas. Tons of information for residents and land owners. Plus a community forum.
http://cornudastexas.us

Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,555 times
Well i have buy some land in husdpeth and there is a office at el paso and they did show me my land, they are from sunset ranches, went and show me several options and the one i got the electricity passes by and the gas too, but not all have electricity near.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso