Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

Advertisements

So, I'm reading that the Democrats are thinking of supporting Charlie Crist in Florida and all I can say is we saw your true colors shining though, Charlie. Did you hug the President again on his most recent visit to your state?

"The emergence of a politically unknown billionaire self-funder in the Florida Senate race is prompting top Democrats in the state to say publicly what some have been whispering for weeks: If Jeff Greene, who got rich betting on the collapse of the housing market, becomes their nominee, many in the party will have the cover they need to get behind Republican-turned-independent Gov. Charlie Crist."

Democrats flirt with backing Charlie Crist - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 05:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times
No secret that the Dems are backing Crist. They're resigned to Meek losing.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Crist is showing that he knows how to win this race. I don't care much for him, but I admire how clever he's been in figuring out how to appeal to the majority of Floridians.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Crist is showing that he knows how to win this race. I don't care much for him, but I admire how clever he's been in figuring out how to appeal to the majority of Floridians.
We will see and time will tell.

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 AM

6,864 posts, read 12,069,407 times
Charlie Crist was a RINO. He will have no problem with getting democrats support, the party or voters.
On stage with Obama, gave him a big hug
Implemented 10% ethanol in gasoline 2 years before federal mandate
Raised tax on pack of cigarettes by $1.00 four months after federal increase of 60 cents
Endorsed Tampa to Orlando train
Signed statewide law for revenue cameras on traffic lights
Encouraged Haitians to be brought to Florida
Did not actively endorse the marriage is for man/woman FL Constitutional amendment
Signed law to increase vehicle registration fees
Did not appoint a conservative judge to the FL Supreme Court under pressure from the ACLU
Vetoed bill to abolish teacher tenure
Vetoed ultra sound before abortion bill
Was sitting on the fence on off shore oil drilling, since oil spill, now supports FL constitution amendment to ban oil drilling
Had a 'walk on the beach' with Obama
Is a 'global warmer'
Fence sitter on most issues

Old 06-28-2010, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Charlie Crist is a Progressive.
His character, proves there are many, many Progressives within the Republican party.

Running from the Republicans ousting him, he bails and calls himself an independent after saying he was not going to go Independent. Trust... Do you really trust this documented liar that has shown willingness to give his state to the federal government?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
So, I'm reading that the Democrats are thinking of supporting Charlie Crist in Florida and all I can say is we saw your true colors shining though, Charlie. Did you hug the President again on his most recent visit to your state?

"The emergence of a politically unknown billionaire self-funder in the Florida Senate race is prompting top Democrats in the state to say publicly what some have been whispering for weeks: If Jeff Greene, who got rich betting on the collapse of the housing market, becomes their nominee, many in the party will have the cover they need to get behind Republican-turned-independent Gov. Charlie Crist."

Democrats flirt with backing Charlie Crist - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
you are right, the independents and Republicans have to come out, and I am sure they will.

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,125 times
Funny how things change just a short 2 years ago there was a debate in FLA with the so called {R} conservative nominees and Rudi.And did they heap the praise on Crist and one of them suggested he would be a good VP for the ticket.It is strange that so called conservatives namely {R}s would not recognize a RINO if they were slapped in the face by them.

Old 06-28-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reid_g View Post
Funny how things change just a short 2 years ago there was a debate in FLA with the so called {R} conservative nominees and Rudi.And did they heap the praise on Crist and one of them suggested he would be a good VP for the ticket.It is strange that so called conservatives namely {R}s would not recognize a RINO if they were slapped in the face by them.
That's true and then his real colors came out..!!!

Nita

Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
Many, if nor most politicians just say what they need to in order to obtain power. Christ has proven himself no different. A progressive RHINO though and through. I'm not certain that Rubio is any better. He may nor even be the lesser of two evils. Florida needs a better conservative candidate with a record to prove it. IMO neither Rubio or Christ fit the bill on that.

I recall someone saying that Charlie Christ = Arlen Spector with a tan. They were spot on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections