U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 09:53 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
If you are on this thread there is a high liklelihood you enjoy voicing political thoughts.

But are the political thoughts you air here the same you air in the workplace, with friends, with family?

If you are taking to an anonymous identity online to air your political thoughts for fear of what others may think I say, FEAR your world indeed. Because you are living falsely.

I know this might get deleted as it is not completely in line with the thread, but in this day and age of digital anonyminity I am SICK of seeing people thinking that by way of posting anonymous they are sheltered from criticism. You have beef? Come out and claim it as the person you are.

If you are really pissed about all the things the current President is (or is not) doing then clearly state what those things are and how you, as a citizen are making a difference other than bitchin.

The complainers are exhausting. Truly, I think that no matter what Obama does, you are going to be peeved. True colors. Shining thru.
I guess your goignto wear you obama T shirt to work and read thsi message to your co-workers. Look in the mirror as they say and read it to the person you see their;he needs it.The get on with your 91/2 years iof complainig on Bush;you'll feel better i amsure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 09:29 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,046,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I guess your goignto wear you obama T shirt to work and read thsi message to your co-workers. Look in the mirror as they say and read it to the person you see their;he needs it.The get on with your 91/2 years iof complainig on Bush;you'll feel better i amsure.
I actually was thinking of the word "hypercritical" when I was reading (and responding) to the word "hypocritical" so I guess the laugh is on me for being linguistically sloppy.

Hmm, as for wearing the Obama shirt to work. Well, I happen to work with people who in the majority voted for Obama (both black and white folks in the South) and the minority who voted for McCain find Palin to be a scary joker. So, I'm on the same page as my coworkers. Thanks for your advice though.

Bush did more damage in his years than Obama could even fathom in two terms. If you can't see this, I do question your perspective. There are MANY people who would rather see the country go down the toilet and vote against anything Obama proposes simply to be contrary. It's almost like, no, it's just like, they would rather see Obama FAIL then see anything good come of ANYTHING he does.

Argue with me all you want but it's pretty obvious. It's an ugly fact. But hey, at least we got that out in the open.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:36 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,212,411 times
This is weird... I think I just fell into a wormhole and need to get out!

Seriously very weird thread, and very weird OP...

Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,212,411 times
And it's always inappropriate to where political stuff to work, I never wore a McCain pin out of respect to the few that don't agree, or don't like to talk about politics at work.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:47 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,046,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Yeah, we all fell into a wormhole here. Spacing and spelling issues create a general sense of confusion. But hey, I confused "hypocritical" and "hypercritical" so I am no one to judge.

Looking into the mirror. I am "reading" as you suggest texdav. Loving what I read. I also don't believe the person I see in the mirror has much to do with Bush's term at all. I do believe the political is personal- but not that personal!!! Unless of course a person is racist and hates all of Obama's policies simply because he is an obviously multiracial human.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:57 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,566,735 times
I once googled myself and found out I was a famous weatherman that worked in Minnisota. That was news to me.

Much to some of my friend's annoyance I say out loud what I write on this forum. I try to say what I mean and mean what I say.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:13 PM

11,777 posts, read 15,801,092 times
As much as I have liked a few of the past Presidents I have voted for, I would never wear that "pride" to my office place. That would be the height of stupidity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections