U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:40 PM

13,743 posts, read 18,279,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why do you say that?

Nita
Well first off, we've seen this ticket play out already. It'd be very similar to the McCain/Palin debacle that was obliterated in 2008. Secondly, they'd probably never work together due to their stance on key issues.

Christie wouldn't win because his stances on abortion, gay marriage, gun rights, medical marijuana and immigration don't meet the "litmus test" that the RNC imputes on it's candidates. He'd either have to accept very lackluster support from the hard liners or change his stances and give the Dems some lethal ammunition to kill him with.

Jindal would be more pleasing to the extremists, but his stance against abortion even in cases of rape and opposition to gay marriage will scare away the vast majority of moderates and independents. Also he would run the risk of Obama easily spinning his oil spill comments back on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Newt would win in a huge landslide over Obama.

Anyone else would beat Obama but it would be Newt who would cream the daylights out of him.
Besides being a mindless GOP cheerleading drone, I don't know what your love affair with Newt Gingrich is all about. The man committed political suicide 11 years ago and has done nothing to rehab his image since then plus he's got his share of skeletons in the closet, mainly centered around his 2 previous marriages and his affair with his current wife. If he wants to throw his hat in the ring and sling mud in on the campaign trail he will do nothing but cement his place as one of the worst political tacticians of all time.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:57 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,517,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
My dream ticket would be Jim DeMint/Chris Christie.
That would be an excellent ticket as well. Sen. DeMint is one of America's greatest senators right now.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
That would be an excellent ticket as well. Sen. DeMint is one of America's greatest senators right now.
Greatest? No. Most conservative? Yes.

People need to realize that nominating someone on either extreme of the spectrum is going to result in a loss. That's just the way it is.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM

2,716 posts, read 2,520,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-elect Nobody View Post
Condoleezza Rice & Piyush Amri Jindal

I can only dream.
I would love to see Jindal run though. He really SEEMS down to earth.

I'm serious. Condoleeza is smart as heck who knows.....

Old 07-08-2010, 03:19 PM

161 posts, read 82,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Besides being a mindless GOP cheerleading drone, I don't know what your love affair with Newt Gingrich is all about. The man committed political suicide 11 years ago and has done nothing to rehab his image since then plus he's got his share of skeletons in the closet, mainly centered around his 2 previous marriages and his affair with his current wife. If he wants to throw his hat in the ring and sling mud in on the campaign trail he will do nothing but cement his place as one of the worst political tacticians of all time.
I don't know. That is sort of Clintonesque, so he may even attract democrat voters and win in a HUGE landslide, not the sliver 3% over 50% of the vote Obama got.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:38 PM

8,581 posts, read 8,886,899 times
Cheney/Haig

Old 07-08-2010, 04:21 PM

2,857 posts, read 5,825,504 times
Jindal has done his best to dismantle health care, higher education, and the City of New Orleans during his term as governor of Louisiana. He's ruining the state in an attempt to garner a national following among the far right of the Republican Party. I hope he runs for national office, and gets the hell out of Louisiana.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM

41,314 posts, read 38,312,940 times
Daniels/Romney/Cristie and Ryan for VP.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,921,464 times
I think Chris Christie/Paul Ryan would be the best bet. They may not be the hard line social cons that Southerners love, but the GOP will still carry the South anyways. Plus Christie is still extremelly popular with the Conservative base. What they will do with their economic stances is give the GOP a very, very good chance of winning key rust belt/midwestern states like Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections