Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If the election were between Obama and Gingrich, who would you vote for?
Obama 22 37.93%
Gingrich 19 32.76%
Neither 17 29.31%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 12:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Former U.S. House Speaker Newt Gingrich says he's considering running for president in 2012 and expects to make a decision by early next year.

In an interview Monday with The Associated Press, Gingrich predicted a Republican would defeat Democratic President Barack Obama in 2012. He called Obama a "disaster" who would go down as the worst president in modern times.
Gingrich says he's considering a presidential run - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:36 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,516,213 times
Gingrich is part of the problem and a example of what
happens when someone spends to much time in politics

Although I don't agree with anything that Obama has done
I think he's smart enough to take the cash and run in 2012

Old 07-12-2010, 12:40 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,222,963 times
Gingrich=Bush

Obama=scum so I voted neither. As long as you have a Republican or Democrat in office we are screwed.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,556,296 times
Gingrich is so full of it. He thinks he is some grand statesman when he was forced out of Congress for ethics violations and everyone will drag his personal life through the gutter. Go home to Georgia Newtie (like they called him on SNL!) cause you don't have a chance in hell!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,222,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Gingrich is so full of it. He thinks he is some grand statesman when he was forced out of Congress for ethics violations and everyone will drag his personal life through the gutter. Go home to Georgia Newtie (like they called him on SNL!) cause you don't have a chance in hell!
I agree with you, but the scumbag you support is no better.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,109,806 times
Newt Gingrich's Skeleton Closet

Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Bring it on Newt, you reptile you.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Gingrich is part of the problem and a example of what
happens when someone spends to much time in politics

Although I don't agree with anything that Obama has done
I think he's smart enough to take the cash and run in 2012
I totally disagree with you. I do not think he is part of the problem..Do I think he will run and if he does get the nomination? No way, it would be like Guliani last time;;;too much personal baggage. Do I think he would do a good job? yes, but I also think his age would be a slight drawback.

I also would not be surprised, if things continue on the road they are going to see Obama decide not to run again..

Nita

Old 07-12-2010, 01:56 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,920,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I totally disagree with you. I do not think he is part of the problem..Do I think he will run and if he does get the nomination? No way, it would be like Guliani last time;;;too much personal baggage. Do I think he would do a good job? yes, but I also think his age would be a slight drawback.

I also would not be surprised, if things continue on the road they are going to see Obama decide not to run again..

Nita
i said something similar about a week ago.

i dont want to get into whether its bad or good, but obama reached his climax when he passed health care reform, and will go down in history because of it, whether thats good or bad, thats a discussion for another thread.

since obama reached that climax, i wonder what he will want to go after or if he has the drive to go after anything else, because if you remember, health care was his main goal from day one.

i dont know enough about newt to know if he'd be good or not. apparently he has a lot of problems but id have to read a bio on him etc. to know more.

you yourself said he has no chance so maybe its not even worth looking at

Old 07-12-2010, 02:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,639,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i said something similar about a week ago.

i dont want to get into whether its bad or good, but obama reached his climax when he passed health care reform, and will go down in history because of it, whether thats good or bad, thats a discussion for another thread.

since obama reached that climax, i wonder what he will want to go after or if he has the drive to go after anything else, because if you remember, health care was his main goal from day one.

i dont know enough about newt to know if he'd be good or not. apparently he has a lot of problems but id have to read a bio on him etc. to know more.

you yourself said he has no chance so maybe its not even worth looking at
You are right, I don't think he stands a chance. Again, not because of his policies and I think he is extremely bright, but we have seen IQ doesn't make a good leader necessarily. He has huge personal baggage and will be right at that 70ish age which to me is the breakoff. I don't know why but I think there comes a time when running for public office (I am not talking re-running) should be reserved for those just a little younger.

Nita

Old 07-12-2010, 04:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,809,953 times
i think newt would make a good president. as for those supposed ethics charges, they were bogus charges pushed by democrats that did not like what he was doing in the house. amazing how many democrats did the same things and yet nothing was said about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections