U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2010, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,150,831 times
Reputation: 1892

Advertisements

Looks like the Republicans may have written Reid's obituary a bit prematurely, as crazy Sharron is being found out.

Quote:
U.S. Sen. Harry Reid has opened a strong lead over Republican opponent Sharron Angle after pummeling her in a ubiquitous TV and radio ad campaign that portrays the Tea Party favorite as "too extreme," according to a new poll for the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The Democratic incumbent's aggressive strategy of attacking Angle's staunch conservative views from the moment she won the June 8 primary has cost her support among every voter group -- from men and women to both political parties and independents
----------

The Mason-Dixon poll showed that if the general election were held now, Reid would win 44 percent to 37 percent for Angle. Ten percent were undecided, 5 percent would choose "none of these candidates," and the remaining 4 percent would pick another candidate on the ballot.

U.S. SENATE RACE: Reid takes lead on Angle - News - ReviewJournal.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2010, 09:25 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,211,294 times
Reputation: 6253
Reid is likely going to win. If you put your politics aside for a moment, one could not call a victory for Reid anything but an embarrassing loss for the Republicans. Reid is extremely vulnerable and should lose. The trend now most definitely signals otherwise.

It's not over yet, though. Angle could pull it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 09:58 AM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,150,831 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Reid is likely going to win. If you put your politics aside for a moment, one could not call a victory for Reid anything but an embarrassing loss for the Republicans. Reid is extremely vulnerable and should lose. The trend now most definitely signals otherwise.

It's not over yet, though. Angle could pull it out.
Yes, it would be an embarrassing loss for Republicans....and I suppose Angle could still win, but I doubt it.

She's got some pretty extreme views, such as abolishing SS or opposing abortion even in cases of rape or incest. In fact, she even went so far as to claim women made pregnant in such a horrendous way were now afforded the opportunity to turn "lemons into lemonade."

Obviously Reid's rise in the polls is due to Nevada voters becoming aware of just how far out there Sharron Angle really is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 11:35 AM
 
Location: Upstate
5,417 posts, read 6,146,963 times
Reputation: 3706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Yes, it would be an embarrassing loss for Republicans....and I suppose Angle could still win, but I doubt it.

She's got some pretty extreme views, such as abolishing SS or opposing abortion even in cases of rape or incest. In fact, she even went so far as to claim women made pregnant in such a horrendous way were now afforded the opportunity to turn "lemons into lemonade."

Obviously Reid's rise in the polls is due to Nevada voters becoming aware of just how far out there Sharron Angle really is..
From what we know about Angle, it would be more embarrassing to the Dems if Reid loses to her. Reid has the advantage, you even basically say so yourself in these allegations against Angle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 12:06 PM
 
Location: Palm Springs, CA
26,469 posts, read 24,087,359 times
Reputation: 7658
People in Nevada are realizing that Harry isn't so bad. Plus, there's a lot of clout to having your Senator as the leader of the Senate. Replacing him with Angle (who seems hapless most of the time) would be a big mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Morgantown, WV
1,000 posts, read 1,516,582 times
Reputation: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
People in Nevada are realizing that Harry isn't so bad. Plus, there's a lot of clout to having your Senator as the leader of the Senate. Replacing him with Angle (who seems hapless most of the time) would be a big mistake.

[MOD CUT] I'm gonna say it right now. Nobody likes Harry Reid, how could anyone defend him?

The only reason he's losing, is because he's running against Crazy lady from Hell! I KNEW Sue Lowden was the right choice...but, nooooo, no siree, we just HAD to nominate the only idiot in he primary...

I've been abused for attacking Angle, but I mean, if you can't take REID out, easily, then you KNOW, something is wrong here...

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-23-2010 at 02:50 AM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:02 PM
 
175 posts, read 86,863 times
Reputation: 79
Yeah I think a lot of pundits thought Reid was in trouble, but honestly I'm not in the habit of taking what they say too seriously because they often get stuff wrong. It was almost a given that a Democrat would win Ted Kennedy's seat... and you see what happened right? All politics are local people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 02:11 PM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,211,294 times
Reputation: 6253
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Your a idiot. I'm gonna say it right now. Nobody likes Harry Reid, how could anyone defend him?

The only reason he's losing, is because he's running against Crazy lady from Hell! I KNEW Sue Lowden was the right choice...but, nooooo, no siree, we just HAD to nominate the only idiot in he primary...

I've been abused for attacking Angle, but I mean, if you can't take REID out, easily, then you KNOW, something is wrong here...
Yeah, obviously everybody hates Harry Reid. Universally hated people always get to run for a fifth term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 03:57 PM
 
3,513 posts, read 3,086,484 times
Reputation: 1357
mason dixon poll is arguably the top pollster out there with a microsocopic republican bias, so when i see those numbers, and when i see how much money reid has, im thinking she wont win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2010, 08:25 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
84,657 posts, read 98,135,276 times
Reputation: 31092
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteNCRepublican View Post
Your a idiot. I'm gonna say it right now. Nobody likes Harry Reid, how could anyone defend him?

The only reason he's losing, is because he's running against Crazy lady from Hell! I KNEW Sue Lowden was the right choice...but, nooooo, no siree, we just HAD to nominate the only idiot in he primary...

I've been abused for attacking Angle, but I mean, if you can't take REID out, easily, then you KNOW, something is wrong here...
You don't live in Nevada. Plus, Angle is a nut cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top