Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 03:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronVSmith View Post
Nita, he's in trouble deep, either way....People hate him so much that if it would look like another 4 yr...Its hard to tell what they would do. The economy will definetly turn around, bar some natural disaster, it is the normal business cycle. It has nothing to do with Obama, but because of this overgrown government he has placed over the past year....It will be a bit sluggish, only a part of what it could be. And on the next economic down cycle we are screwed!
yes, it is a normal cycle and yes, the economy should turn around, but I think it might be too slow. You know and I know the Pres has little to do with the ups and downs of the economy, but the average voter doesn't see it that way.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 06:24 PM

838 posts, read 922,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2010 View Post
2012 is a long way away but most Americans at this point will not be voting for Obama for a second term. 3/4 of the people I talk to are not happy with Obama to say the least. Who are the soon to be future stars of the republican party most likely to take office in 2 1/2 years?

Beware of most Republicans or Democrats running for office, most all loyal corporate globalist supporters (Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement AKA No. American Union) in the now merging of U.S, Mexico and Canada through increased immigrants of all kinds including illegals for business profits and when they are legal can bring all their relatives here, CNN: up to 80 million. U.S.=3rd world country. VOTE for 3rd party Non globalist, only way for people to win.

Non corporate globalists up for election such as Ron Paul are the answer if you read publications on this issue. In last election debate Paul was only one to tell the truth on the No. American Union which hosts then tried to portray as a fairy tale. Other non globalist candidates have been Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson, Darrell Issa, Tom Tancredo. It's a shame that these globalist actor politician candidates are smarter than we the public who in ten years will say "how did we let this happen". I wanted Romney last election till it was clear he was too a big business corporate globalist. Illegal immigration views are the litmus test for candidates.

Last edited by clsicmovies; 07-30-2010 at 06:58 PM..

Old 07-30-2010, 06:55 PM

46 posts, read 75,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Beware of most Republicans or Democrats running for office, most all loyal corporate globalist supporters (Security and Prosperity Partnership Agreement AKA No. American Union) in the now merging of U.S, Mexico and Canada through increased immigrants of all kinds including illegals for business profits and when they are legal can bring all their relatives here, CNN: up to 80 million. U.S.=3rd world country. VOTE for 3rd party Non globalist, only way for people to win.

Non corporate globalists up for election such as Ron Paul are the answer if you read publications on this issue. In last election debate Paul was only one to tell the truth on the No. American Union which hosts then tried to portray as a fairy tale. Other non globalist candidates have been Duncan Hunter, Fred Thompson, Darrell Issa, Tom Tancredo. It's a shame that these actor politician candidates are smarter than the public who in ten years will say "how did we let this happen". I wanted Romney last election till it was clear he was too a big business corporate globalist. Illegal immigration views are the litmus test in candidates.
Everyone write-in Ross Perot for the republican primaries! If he won't run we'll draft him.

Old 07-30-2010, 07:04 PM

838 posts, read 922,227 times
Quote:
Everyone write-in Ross Perot for the republican primaries! If he won't run we'll draft him.
Ross Perot wanted for President! One in a million. My biggest voting regret ever, thinking he's not on ballot so could not win, then gets 20% and would have won if we all acted on principle. I wonder how things would be different now if he had been President.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:24 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
But there was so many differnces between Reagan and Obama. For starters and we were in the DC area at the time, very much involved, so I speak with some knowledge, overall Reagan was really liked and people respected him and his patiotism. He was not a devider. People really do not like Obama. if the economy improves greatly and the anmensty issue is resolved, with our borders protected better, then yes, Obama will beat any Republican. If this doesn't happen, he will be in deep trouble.'

I really do not think Romney will get the nomination, but who knows?

Nita
So you claim people liked Reagan then, and don't like Obama now, even though Reagan's numbers were worse??

Old 07-30-2010, 08:36 PM

46 posts, read 75,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Ross Perot wanted for President! One in a million. My biggest voting regret ever, thinking he's not on ballot so could not win, then gets 20% and would have won if we all acted on principle. I wonder how things would be different now if he had been President.
Me too!

Old 07-30-2010, 11:20 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,987,536 times
Quote:
I believe Huckabee finished second w/240 delegates Mitt had 148.
But your point is pretty telling though it looks like Huckabee!
Huckabee did finish slightly ahead in delegate votes to Romney, 278 to 271. Romney finished ahead in total votes in the primaries, 22% to 20%. So while this appears to be a dead heat, it is worth remembering that Romney dropped out after Super Tuesday, shut down his campaign, and threw his support behind McCain. His support then collapsed. Huckabee continued to run hard for another four weeks, essentially drawing even with Romney in the standings, so to speak.

So I give Romney second-place for these reasons, though I can see the rationale for giving at least a share of it to Huckabee. I do think Huckabee has a shot at the nomination; I just think Romney has a much better one.

Old 07-31-2010, 04:46 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
The US Presidents Job is to preserve, protect and defend!
Preserve, protect and defend what...BP's stock price?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
the Ron Pauls and Perots are past their prime. But in our dreams it might be a little differeent..Someday maybe we will have another choice similar to one of them, but a choice that is electable. Neither of them could ever win a national election.

Nita

Old 07-31-2010, 04:50 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Gingrich? Is a Bush clone in almost every sense of the word
Sorry, I have to part ways with you here, big time. Gingrich was a professor of history for crying out loud. He was already plotting to become president when Bush was snorting coke and skipping out on the National Guard. They have very similar political commitments but Gingrich is a scrappy, self-made politician and owes nothing to a privileged dunderhead like Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections