Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 AM

46 posts, read 56,180 times

Advertisements

2012 is a long way away but most Americans at this point will not be voting for Obama for a second term. 3/4 of the people I talk to are not happy with Obama to say the least. Who are the soon to be future stars of the republican party most likely to take office in 2 1/2 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 08:15 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
That's a difficult question. What I see is that the republicans are a party in strife. They're split, and they have few people to put forward. Never before have I seen them flail so badly. From either side, lots can change between now and next year. The only person I can think of that might be Presidential material that the public would back is Mitt Romney.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Even though people are disappointing with BO. There aren't many Republicans that can beat him. I agree with Ecovlke. Mitt Romney is the only one who would have a chance.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Even though people are disappointing with BO. There aren't many Republicans that can beat him. I agree with Ecovlke. Mitt Romney is the only one who would have a chance.
Agreed. The right just don't have a real stand out person that could take the ticket. Obama isn't going anywhere until 2016

Old 07-23-2010, 08:43 AM

46 posts, read 56,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Agreed. The right just don't have a real stand out person that could take the ticket. Obama isn't going anywhere until 2016
I have a feeling that it's not going to be Mitt.

I don't see how you can think Obama is not going anywhere until 2016. Literally 3/4 of people I talk to are not happy with Obama.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:47 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,980,642 times
None.

Obama will win in 2012. Obama needs to start grabbing his cojones like Michael Jackson did and stop trying to please the Republicans and I believe he will be ok.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,130,021 times
Mitt......what kind of.....He's just another slick, trained, circused, coached to the hilt, bent finger pointing, American horses' ass of a carpet bagger. I've had enough of these slick "one liner" lying actors. His whole purpose in life is to be the president. We need someone who does not want to be the president but feels they need to be.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:15 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
None.

Obama will win in 2012. Obama needs to start grabbing his cojones like Michael Jackson did and stop trying to please the Republicans and I believe he will be ok.

I agree as bad as they talk about Bamaman now, there is still no republican who is popular right now that can beat him.

Just like bush in 2002, people were pissed, but two years later he still won because the democrats at that time could not touch him

Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2010 View Post
I have a feeling that it's not going to be Mitt.

I don't see how you can think Obama is not going anywhere until 2016. Literally 3/4 of people I talk to are not happy with Obama.
I'm sure the people you talk to are much like myself in the fact we voted for obama, but are for the most part unhappy with his performance so far. He keeps trying to be buddy-buddy with the right, which is doing nothing but continuing to drag the bush admin trash into this current admit. He needs to cut them loose, get back to a core democratic stance and then we will see real progress.
As for the reelection, the right really have no stand up person that could run against Obama. Joe-q-public often vote for trivial things of just being a good speaker, they think the person "is nice" "looks like a president" and other things that have nothing to do with policies and leadership. Obama still is a very likable person and one hell of a speaker which will be hard if not impossible to challenge. Not to mention the hell the bush admin put us through is still strong in many people's minds, and will be for quite some time. I don't see the right getting any kind of major office until at least 2016.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:53 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post

I'd take your Governor (Pawlenty) over Romney anyday. I don't like Romney much at all but, for the nation's sake, I'd support him over Obama. I really don't think Romney has a good chance, as he initiated Romneycare in Mass which is the model for Obamacare. Both plans have proven disastrous and Obamacare will only get worse over time.

I think the GOP has many candidates better than Romney: Jindal, Huckabee, Pawlenty, Pence, Christie, Palin, Daniels, Bachmann, Brewer, Barbour, Allen, Gary Johnson (NM), Gingrich, Santorum, Jeb Bush,.. Honestly, besides McCain (who won't be running), it's hard for me to think of a GOP candidate WORSE than Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections