U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-23-2010, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Don't be a cry baby!
1,310 posts, read 1,138,734 times
Reputation: 612

Advertisements

Sure they do
Those racist "Tea Partiers" are at it again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-23-2010, 11:21 AM
 
327 posts, read 425,210 times
Reputation: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Heres a fact he didn't win. Heres another fact ,no one outside that area even knew who he was until now because of Obama.
He got 45.3% of the votes, despite being a complete unknown at the time. That's very significant. The primary contributing factor to his current renown was the following speech, which spread like wildfire for good reason. It currently has well over 2,200,000 views. Please cease your baseless accusations; he should not be slandered by you, or anyone, just because of the color of his skin. You are turning into what you claim to hate.


YouTube - Congressional Candidate LTC Allen West At The Revolution / American Freedom Tour
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 AM
 
17,009 posts, read 11,302,157 times
Reputation: 8983
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Link please? So your saying you like david duke as president because of black racist like farakhan?
It is a strange sense of deductive reasoning that could come to that conclusion. It is similar to reasoning that if I play golf, I must like pears.

David Duke embraces the "tea party" in much the same way the Louis Farakhan embraces the democratic party. Neither party wants them, but they chose the party, not vice versa.

In a similar fashion, George Wallace was a democrat, but I am sure that the party was not happy about him either. In contrast to the republicans, the democrats actually had him running for the democratic nomination. This, of course, is forgotten by liberals, who like to sweep thier ugly past under the rug quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,727 posts, read 78,769,000 times
Reputation: 38150
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Thats right jut pretend that he would have even been looked at if Obama had not been elected. I never heard of this guy or any of these so called black conservatives that are now showing up as front runners until after Obama. M. Steele would not be head(and he want be for long anyway)of the rnc without Obama being elected. You can at least admit that conservatives only looked these guys way so they can say "see we are not racist" what ever. You are going to ignore the facts anyway so why does it matter.
There are a couple of problems with you rationale:1-no one except you said the Republicans sought these men and women out, did it occur to you, they may have seen an opportunity to become front runners? 2-I am saying, so, maybe he would have remained an unknown, that isn't the point at all, it is your point, but not the oveall point. 3-you need to know the difference between fact and opinion. All you are giving is your opinion and unless you can claim to be above everyone else on this post, your opinions do not translate into fact.

If these guys as you call them (by the way, they do have names) didn't agree it would not make any difference who found them...

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 PM
 
Location: South Carolina
8,151 posts, read 5,380,238 times
Reputation: 1752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There are a couple of problems with you rationale:1-no one except you said the Republicans sought these men and women out, did it occur to you, they may have seen an opportunity to become front runners? 2-I am saying, so, maybe he would have remained an unknown, that isn't the point at all, it is your point, but not the oveall point. 3-you need to know the difference between fact and opinion. All you are giving is your opinion and unless you can claim to be above everyone else on this post, your opinions do not translate into fact.

If these guys as you call them (by the way, they do have names) didn't agree it would not make any difference who found them...

NIta
You just wasted a lot of time. Nothing you posted addresses the points I brought up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-23-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
68,727 posts, read 78,769,000 times
Reputation: 38150
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You just wasted a lot of time. Nothing you posted addresses the points I brought up.
of course they do: you can't come up with an answer so you will try to flip it around.

1-you said the facts are: I pointed out facts and opinions are not the same thing: 2-you said the GOP went after these guys to prove conservatives are not racists: I pointed out, if they weren't interested they could have turned around and said no thanks, 3-you claimed these guys only came to the surface after Obama won and no one had heard of them til then: I simply said, so what?? Now what of the above issues did you not bring up???

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 PM
 
Location: Texas
23,599 posts, read 9,843,717 times
Reputation: 5253
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You just wasted a lot of time. Nothing you posted addresses the points I brought up.
Let me simplify then, playing the race card didn't work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 38,291,588 times
Reputation: 7103
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You just wasted a lot of time. Nothing you posted addresses the points I brought up.
Hey, you know he won his primary....right?

Want to clarify what "over" means?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2010, 10:35 AM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,292 posts, read 10,039,994 times
Reputation: 3530
He sounds like any other politician to me. What is weird though he sounds like he wants to go back to the time in history when people that look like him were not doing too well. Incidentally, were the hell was he 8 years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2010, 10:50 AM
 
4,672 posts, read 3,093,584 times
Reputation: 1048
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Hey, you know he won his primary....right?

Want to clarify what "over" means?
Allen West rocks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top