Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 06:41 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Race is not a factor among Republican primaries/general elections. It's a non-issue. The Tea Party doesn't care whether their candidate is black, white, of hispanic descent or Asian descent. I'm not saying Democrats are all racist or anything, but race is a factor among Democratic candidates. You heard it all the time in 2008. "I'm going to vote for Obama because I want to have a black president." No one cares that Allen (not Allan by the way) West is black. He's an American that holds political views in line with the Tea Party. On the other hand, calling an American who happens to be black "Judas" because he disagrees with you politically, certainly sounds racist. Why should all blacks vote Democrat? If they look at the issues and find they allign more with the Democratic Party, then they should vote Democrat. But if they find themselves more in line with the Republican Party, how is that a bad thing?
nav79 !!! ... Three thumbs Up For You !

Your Post of course is 100% correct !

Unfortunately the never ending stigmata regarding this matter appears to truly eminate from the psycho mindset of so many of this nations looney racists liberals !

And your last sentence is most logical to those folks among us who actually posess a fair measure of intelligence ! It's the "Liberal Loons" who will most definitely have trouble with the answer to your "How Is That A Bad thing" Question !

Thanks / Old Sgt. Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 04:55 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What does where he was 8 years ago have to do with where he is today?

Nita
Because of past actions (inactions) this country is in this mess now.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
8 years ago he was serving his country in Iraq as commander of the 2d Battalion, 20th Field Artillery Regiment.
And he was there because....?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:05 PM

I think many of you are getting Republicans and the teabaggers confused. Many of the teafolks are blindly following the fools of Faux news without even a hint of research for themselves. I can understand why many people would call ANY black a "judas" for supporting them. As far as the republican party is concerned, they have not reached out towards blacks since reconstruction. Oddly enough most of their views are overwhelmingly shared by blacks as a whole. Summary: If the republicans don't want you and the democrats take advantage of you who do you vote for? Personally, I feel that neither party is worth my vote and until we get a REAL choice in the matter I (like many of you) will continue to vote for the fool who will do the least amount of damage to this country!

Old 09-14-2010, 06:19 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nva79 View Post
I've said it before, I'll say it again. Race is not a factor among Republican primaries/general elections. It's a non-issue. The Tea Party doesn't care whether their candidate is black, white, of hispanic descent or Asian descent. I'm not saying Democrats are all racist or anything, but race is a factor among Democratic candidates. You heard it all the time in 2008. "I'm going to vote for Obama because I want to have a black president." No one cares that Allen (not Allan by the way) West is black. He's an American that holds political views in line with the Tea Party. On the other hand, calling an American who happens to be black "Judas" because he disagrees with you politically, certainly sounds racist. Why should all blacks vote Democrat? If they look at the issues and find they allign more with the Democratic Party, then they should vote Democrat. But if they find themselves more in line with the Republican Party, how is that a bad thing?
Well stated!

The ugly truth, at least for liberals, democrats and the rest of that ilk is that they rely on racism; need racism to advance their cause.

Conservatives walked away from racism decades ago. It is the left in this country that clings to racism and actively promotes it in their policies, ignoring Dr. King's advice to judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. It is quite sad that those who marched with King now carry the standard of racism they marched to end. Would that the left were more like Conservatives and showed no tolerance for racism at all. But that would require the left look within see themselves for what they are: the source of all racism in this country today.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Because of past actions (inactions) this country is in this mess now.
Hello, this still has nothing to do with today and him. It may have to do with other issues facing us, but has nothing to do with him. Where was he and why was he serving our country? I guess because the Democrats as well as our Pres at the time decided to invade and for you to make a comment about why he was there has nothing to do with this. He was serving his country, end of story..

Nita

Old 09-14-2010, 08:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I think many of you are getting Republicans and the teabaggers confused. Many of the teafolks are blindly following the fools of Faux news without even a hint of research for themselves. I can understand why many people would call ANY black a "judas" for supporting them. As far as the republican party is concerned, they have not reached out towards blacks since reconstruction. Oddly enough most of their views are overwhelmingly shared by blacks as a whole. Summary: If the republicans don't want you and the democrats take advantage of you who do you vote for? Personally, I feel that neither party is worth my vote and until we get a REAL choice in the matter I (like many of you) will continue to vote for the fool who will do the least amount of damage to this country!
As far as FOX news and the Tea Party, you know about as much about that as you do about nothing. FOX news does not push the tea Party. Do you even watch any of the FOX News programs? I would guess not.

Nita

Old 09-15-2010, 02:07 PM

[quote=nmnita;15879339]Hello, this still has nothing to do with today and him. It may have to do with other issues facing us, but has nothing to do with him. Where was he and why was he serving our country? I guess because the Democrats as well as our Pres at the time decided to invade and for you to make a comment about why he was there has nothing to do with this. He was serving his country, end of story..

When I asked where was he, I was referring to him politically and not physically. How it relates concerns the fact if he was not serving his country at that time would he think the same way? If he did not serve his country why was'nt he in politics then? Would he have been silenced by the bush administration? So in retrospect where he was has EVERYTHING to with his political leanings as it is presented today. Incidentally for the record, I blame the cowards in the dumbocratic party as well as the liars in the refutican party for the unnecessary profit war in IRAQ

Old 11-06-2010, 05:45 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
He told a crowd of tea partiers his mom was a life time member of the NAACP,the tea partys most hated enemy. He will go down in flames just like all those judas blacks in the tea party.
How wrong can one be?

Old 11-07-2010, 05:21 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Well stated!

The ugly truth, at least for liberals, democrats and the rest of that ilk is that they rely on racism; need racism to advance their cause.

Conservatives walked away from racism decades ago. It is the left in this country that clings to racism and actively promotes it in their policies, ignoring Dr. King's advice to judge a man not by the color of his skin but by the content of his character. It is quite sad that those who marched with King now carry the standard of racism they marched to end. Would that the left were more like Conservatives and showed no tolerance for racism at all. But that would require the left look within see themselves for what they are: the source of all racism in this country today.

Democrats are the party of the KKK. How black Americans aligned themselves with the democratic party after MLK was bailed out of jail by JFK, I have no idea. MLK was a republican.
Then you have more than double the republicans voted for the civil rights act than did democrats.

Yet the Democrats label the republicans racist, when in fact it is the majority of Democrats that are staunch racist and always have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections