Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 03:28 PM

220 posts, read 372,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
My bulldog Bear is a Republican and I am pretty sure he could beat Obama.
Really?? And you are basing your opinion from what is going on in Atlanta only?? Have you been to other parts of the country to come to that conclusion?? I really think a few discontented whites are trying to make a tempest in a teapot, (Tea Partyers, etc.)A few ultra-conservative radicals does not a whole electorate make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2010, 03:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,469,103 times
All the blacks that I know hate him, so I guess if he gets re elected, they will still hate him......if he loses, they will be happy, just like the rest of us non-delusional Americans.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Nope, but none of the groups you mentioned in your earlier post, Dem's, Repub's, Jew's, have a history of rioting like blacks do. To deny thier reaction to events they dont agree with or are passionate about is laughable.
So, in your OP, you were asking a rhetorical question? It seems you've already decided in your head what "they" will do. Seriously, you need to get out into the world (Bear will be fine w/o you for a while) and mingle more with non-whites (the majority of human race) - befriend a few. It doesn't hurt, really.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
So, answer me this........and just so we all know, O was IN the Senate before his nearly two year campaign for high office....

Why did O and the Democrats spend us into oblivion after regaining power in 2007?

If what Bush's and the Republican's spending was BAD, what makes O's and the Crat's spending 4 fourfold the amount GOOD?

One would think that once that 'car' was outta the ditch, they would have backed away from the cliff. Instead, they put the pedal to the metal and now the car has no gas and the tires are blown out.
That's the problem with the two parties at present. Their solid monopoly, often in collusion(sp?)with one another, really doesn't give Americans much of a choice. They both support senseless wars, they both are in the pockets of powerful special interest lobbyists, they both have bad spending records. So, when is the American public going to say, ENOUGH!, I'm voting for anyone except a Dem or GOP. Until that happens, they can both keep bouncing off one another's poor decisions. I don't agree with the guy that won't vote. All qualified Americans need to vote, but it will be a very looooooooooong time before I vote either ticket again.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:16 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,301,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbugster View Post
Really?? And you are basing your opinion from what is going on in Atlanta only?? Have you been to other parts of the country to come to that conclusion?? I really think a few discontented whites are trying to make a tempest in a teapot, (Tea Partyers, etc.)A few ultra-conservative radicals does not a whole electorate make.
Really some folks need to get out a WHOLE LOT more!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:19 PM

362 posts, read 774,857 times
Quote:
I ask this not to stir the racial pot but from comments I have had with blacks here in Atlanta. With such a large black population, possibly the biggest in the country now, you can get a pretty good cross section of what blacks think on most issues. Radio, TV programs, etc. along with casual conversations I have had dont paint a pretty picture. The responses vary from the mild to the extreme but those extreme views are truly frightening.
they're just gonna cry foul...same way some white folks(not all) did after they got up after falling off of their chairs in '08...

Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Carrying weapons in front of a polling place and asking people who they are voting for?

I guess you and I live on a different planet. On my planet, voter intimidation is not legal. I live on a planet in which I would not imagine that a thug with a weapon would question me about my voting intentions prior to entering the polling place.

Of course, liberals love tyranny, so I can see why they would have no problem with the Black Panther issue. There was no problem with the Brown Shirts in Germany either (they were only having fun). As noted above, I am sure that the Klan standing in front of a polling place with weapons asking about voter preference would be fine as well.

Liberal insanity at its finest.
Nazism is the far RIGHT, not left, that would be communism, the polar opposite of Nazism. Comparing liberals to nazism is grossly inaccurate, but comparing Tea Party participants, that would be an apt comparison.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,869,796 times
From what Sharron Angle has been saying, it's the (ultra) conservatives we'll have to worry about if they don't get their way in November and possibly 2012.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:07 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Nazism is the far RIGHT, not left, that would be communism, the polar opposite of Nazism. Comparing liberals to nazism is grossly inaccurate, but comparing Tea Party participants, that would be an apt comparison.
You have shown yourself to be a partisan regardless of whatever nonsense you have said about NOT voting for Republicans or Democrats for a loooooooooong time.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:10 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Open a newspaper or look at any political website and check out a little thing called an "approval rating". I come to my conclusions not from living in a major metropolitan area like Atlanta but from being informed as to the mood of the voting electorate of this country. The community organizer in chief will be a one termer!

Whats next you gonna claim that the Democrats are gonna pick up seats in the House & Senate this November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections