Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
What did "the blacks" do when the last 43 presidents (all white) were elected? What did "the blacks" do when Jesse Jackson lost the primaries? What did "the whites" do after 9/11? Guess you forgot about the Arabs that were beaten or "retaliated against" in the streets at the hands of a few idiots. Do they represent all white people?

Have you noticed that the majority of black voters have voted for democrats since the 60s? Why are you making this one a race issue? To answer your pointless question, blacks will suck it up and deal with whatever comes their way, they same way they have in the last 43 elections, some of wich they couldn't even vote in. SMDH.

-"the blacks"
There are way too many things that make sense in this post. All this logic is causing my head to hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 09:01 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,543,305 times
Seriously, isn't it time we stopped thinking of ourselves in terms of our racial makeup, and started thinking of ourselves as Americans?

Personally, I plan to vote for President Obama again, if he decides to run. He inherited a huge bucket of crap, and I think we owe it to him to let him run this gauntlet without pre-planning how to dispose of his remains. I think he can still make some positive changes in our situation.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:08 PM

212 posts, read 572,757 times
I am a black man, and if Obama was to lose in 2012. I would go about my life the same way I did when Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagen were in office.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Seriously, isn't it time we stopped thinking of ourselves in terms of our racial makeup, and started thinking of ourselves as Americans?

Personally, I plan to vote for President Obama again, if he decides to run. He inherited a huge bucket of crap, and I think we owe it to him to let him run this gauntlet without pre-planning how to dispose of his remains. I think he can still make some positive changes in our situation.
You seem to be an eternal optimist!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM

188 posts, read 406,057 times
I would also continue on with my life...I reckon most Black people would, its not as if we havent lived in a country where the president (aside from the current) has always been White. The question should have been...What will the democrats do when a Republican takes office? The answer will be the same, they'll get on with their lives.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgirl84 View Post
I would also continue on with my life...I reckon most Black people would, its not as if we havent lived in a country where the president (aside from the current) has always been White. The question should have been...What will the democrats do when a Republican takes office? The answer will be the same, they'll get on with their lives.
I look forward to picking this thread up in November of 2012. Only then will these questions truly be answered.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:19 PM

188 posts, read 406,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I look forward to picking this thread up in November of 2012. Only then will these questions truly be answered.

Im interested in knowing what you think will happen.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamgirl84 View Post
Im interested in knowing what you think will happen.
he thinks black people will riot, burn buildings down and attack white people...you know like we do every time our candidate loses

Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
he thinks black people will riot, burn buildings down and attack white people...you know like we do every time our candidate loses
Right or like we did when we were slaves, denied voting rights, lynched, attacked by dogs and hosed down in the streets. I really don't like to make generalizations, but I can easily use history and factual information to say the same about other races. Honestly, I do fear how some people will react if Obama is re-elected. Moreso than if he loses but that will not have any influence on how I vote.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Right or like we did when we were slaves, denied voting rights, lynched, attacked by dogs and hosed down in the streets. I really don't like to make generalizations, but I can easily use history and factual information to say the same about other races. Honestly, I do fear how some people will react if Obama is re-elected. Moreso than if he loses but that will not have any influence on how I vote.
Shhhh you mustn't mentioned the past. Now that we got us a black president we can't bring that stuff up anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections