Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,036 times

Advertisements

Much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 11:36 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I'm not going to lump all blacks into the same group.

The people who voted for 0bama will do what they always do, vote for the next empty suit who promises them the most free stuff, and promises to punish "the rich".

really, wont say that for those who voted for tree branches huh twice

Old 08-27-2010, 11:38 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I ask this not to stir the racial pot but from comments I have had with blacks here in Atlanta. With such a large black population, possibly the biggest in the country now, you can get a pretty good cross section of what blacks think on most issues. Radio, TV programs, etc. along with casual conversations I have had dont paint a pretty picture. The responses vary from the mild to the extreme but those extreme views are truly frightening.
Black Americans somehow happened to survive and many have thrived without a Black American President for aboiut 220 years .

Quit drikning the fear and igornance Kool-Aid it makes you sound like a damn idiot.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I think not. As bad as Obama is, the GOP is still rudderless.

Should he lose, I suppose the there might be the same reaction as when David Dinkins failed to secure a second term as NYC Mayor. There was some rancor that he had done everything right, but it was not good enough and whites let their racism carry the day. There were two things wrong with that analysis. Firstly, Dinkins was a bad mayor. Secondly, whites had initially voted for him.

Whatever. If the GOP takes the House, then we will have divided government and that is really what most sensible Americans want. It may just forge enough compromise to help Obama secure a second term. And that term will be a saner one.

Then again, if he loses, whites will probably yammer the loudest while blacks will quickly see that the nation did indeed elect a black man which means there are more to come. The next black president, and there will be one, will hopefully be more experienced. Not to mention moderate.
I would agree with you that the Republicans need to put a better message together but the Democrats are in free fall and are expecting BIG loses this November.

So what makes you think that Obama wont suffer the same fate in 2012? There are NO signs that anything about this economy will be better by then. Even being rudderless the Republicans will easily defeat him simply because the voting populace would rather have a "bulldog" then the community organizer in chief. Obama is his own worse enemy!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Quote:
You lost all the lefties when you presented a poll with FOX in the headlines.
Not true, it was a cue to start eye rolling.....like your thread.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
96% of them voted for him, pretty hard not to lump them together with numbers like that.
Considering what John MicCain or the Republican Party had to offer Black Americans which was............................................... ....NOTHING there really no viable alternative.

I don't think John McCain even seriously made and effort to court Black American voters.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:44 AM

720 posts, read 690,947 times
WTH...Black Americans, Asian Americans...blagh blah blah..

If you are an American, say it. Leave your race at the door. I don't care if you came out with polka dots and a purple head, if you are an America, then just say that!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:53 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
What did blacks do when the officers in the Rodney King case were acquitted?

What did the blacks do in Oakland earlier this year when a white officer was acquitted for shooting a black on the subway?
Apples and oranges.

Those incidents have nothing to do with the presidency and whether Obama wins or loses in a future election.

Are you saying the election of Obama was a crime? Or, if he runs for a second term and does not get re-elected it will be equivalent to murder?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Considering what John MicCain or the Republican Party had to offer Black Americans which was............................................... ....NOTHING there really no viable alternative.

I don't think John McCain even seriously made and effort to court Black American voters.
So are you saying that in 04, 00, 96, 92, etc.. that blacks didnt vote for the Democrats over 90% of the time. Last I looked blacks were the Dem's most reliable voting bloc.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Apples and oranges.

Those incidents have nothing to do with the presidency and whether Obama wins or loses in a future election.

Are you saying the election of Obama was a crime? Or, if he runs for a second term and does not get re-elected it will be equivalent to murder?
Nope, but none of the groups you mentioned in your earlier post, Dem's, Repub's, Jew's, have a history of rioting like blacks do. To deny thier reaction to events they dont agree with or are passionate about is laughable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections