Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Newt Gingrich if he ran for President?
Yes 10 22.73%
No 31 70.45%
Not sure 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Wow, that was a LOT more song and dance & smoke and mirrors than I've ever seen at any of the Guido clubs in NJ. Fact is, Gingrich was an enabler toward the federalization of the school system and actually says he has respect for the unions. That's enough for me. He's a big government "republican" through and through.

"Even after he left Congress, Gingrich would gone on to support and lobby for a $9 trillion expansion of Medicare and support the Trouble Asset Relief Program (TARP). His support of these two bills alone makes him unqualified to be the intellectual leader of any movement that supposedly supports economic policy that protects taxpayers."

Ouch! Sounds more like an Obama CV to me.
It's much too serious a matter to overlook anything on the subject. I think that his speeches and his American Solutions website make him look like another man altogether, so I appreciate your links. I will certainly spend some time reading through them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times
well,
it obviously depends on who he's running against.
if he's running against the current mouth-breather-in-chief, than heck yea.

so far, the only democrat supporting Obama 2012 is Peanut "Im-only-the-second-worse-president-eevvaaa" Carter.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:34 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
I heard on a radio show that newt has had some very difficult mental health issues. I don't know for sure, but if he can't handle being Speaker he sure can't handle being President.

A newt/palin ticket would be great! Two nutcases for the repugs. We'd have the Christian taliban in full force in this country.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:36 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,095,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I heard on a radio show that newt has had some very difficult mental health issues. I don't know for sure, but if he can't handle being Speaker he sure can't handle being President.

A newt/palin ticket would be great! Two nutcases for the repugs. We'd have the Christian taliban in full force in this country.
That's cute, especially for a dumbocrat; see, I can be just as stupid.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:12 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
They should maybe tap Govs. Chris Christie (R-NJ) and Luis Fortuño (R/PNP-PR) for the 2012 GOP ticket. Chris Christie would win the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives, Fortuño would also win the fiscal conservative crowd as he also is battling the unions in Puerto Rico (especially the teacher unions like Chris Christie is doing), and I am convinced he would definitely get the latino vote behind him. He spoke at the RNC event and the atendees seemed very receptive of Fortuño so we might need someone like him for the 2012 election.

YouTube - Unions & UPR Students Are Protesting "VIOLENTLY" Austerity Economy Measures

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 09-09-2010 at 01:28 AM..

Old 09-09-2010, 05:51 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They should maybe tap Govs. Chris Christie (R-NJ) and Luis Fortuño (R/PNP-PR) for the 2012 GOP ticket. Chris Christie would win the libertarians and the fiscal conservatives, Fortuño would also win the fiscal conservative crowd as he also is battling the unions in Puerto Rico (especially the teacher unions like Chris Christie is doing), and I am convinced he would definitely get the latino vote behind him. He spoke at the RNC event and the atendees seemed very receptive of Fortuño so we might need someone like him for the 2012 election.

YouTube - Unions & UPR Students Are Protesting "VIOLENTLY" Austerity Economy Measures
Christie needs to unhinge from his progressive anti-gun mindset for libertarians to even consider him. Objectively speaking, he's also way too fat (not that it would stop me from voting for him in the event he wasn't so liberal loony RE: gun control)

Old 09-09-2010, 11:50 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Christie needs to unhinge from his progressive anti-gun mindset for libertarians to even consider him. Objectively speaking, he's also way too fat (not that it would stop me from voting for him in the event he wasn't so liberal loony RE: gun control)
Unfortunately you are right. That's the problem with Republicans from solid Democrat states. They have to be anti-gun or they won't get elected. Sad to say Fortuño is the same way as well. A fiscal conservative but he isn't exactly in the 2nd Amendment camp

Old 09-09-2010, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
There are a lot of People i would never vote for President, The one i would never, is sitting in the WH. Never say never in life, could come back and bite ya!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Unfortunately you are right. That's the problem with Republicans from solid Democrat states. They have to be anti-gun or they won't get elected. Sad to say Fortuño is the same way as well. A fiscal conservative but he isn't exactly in the 2nd Amendment camp
Hopefully he was just pandering to moderates and secretly hopes that every law abiding citizen owns an arsenal of "patriot pipes".

Given that he's a straight shooter, I doubt it.

It's such a shame that honest and straightforward people like only win elections when the country is at the cusp of failure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections