U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:25 PM

44,924 posts, read 27,023,644 times

Advertisements

Even after having observers do some questionable things in one of the counting rooms she had to admit defeat. I guess they didn't study Franken's victory in Minnesota well enough.

I got this little tidbit from Greta Susteren on Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM

7,475 posts, read 19,561,668 times
Another victory for the good guys.. Slowly but surely, WE are draining Pelosi's swamp...

Old 09-01-2010, 12:46 AM

26,484 posts, read 24,217,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Another victory for the good guys.. Slowly but surely, WE are draining Pelosi's swamp...
He hasn't won the general election yet.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 AM

33,948 posts, read 32,373,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Even after having observers do some questionable things in one of the counting rooms she had to admit defeat. I guess they didn't study Franken's victory in Minnesota well enough.

I got this little tidbit from Greta Susteren on Fox News.
Here's the print news story:

"Miller's win was a major victory for the tea party movement and marked the first time it had defeated a sitting senator in a primary. Tea partiers had knocked off Utah Sen. Bob Bennett at a state convention in May. Embolden tea partiers have now set their sights on Delaware where they are backing Christine O'Donnell against the more moderate Rep. Mike Castle in the GOP Senate primary. Murkowski is the third senator to lose this year, along with Bennett and Arlen Specter, D-Pa."

Murkowski concedes Alaska primary race - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100901/ap_on_re_us/us_alaska_senate_20 - broken link)

Will have to monitor the Delaware race.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 AM

22,243 posts, read 14,732,531 times
Opens the door for McAdams. This is good, there are a lot of sane people in Alaska and a Moderate Dem has a good chance against the nut job candidate. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Murkowski thru her support behind McAdams. I don't like a lot of Murkowski's ideas, but she is sane.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:01 AM

23,820 posts, read 10,001,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Opens the door for McAdams. This is good, there are a lot of sane people in Alaska and a Moderate Dem has a good chance against the nut job candidate. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Murkowski thru her support behind McAdams. I don't like a lot of Murkowski's ideas, but she is sane.
Sour grapes from a lefty afraid of the Tea Party. Explain why he is a nut job.
Is it because he is a lawyer from Yale, or a West Point graduate, or a decorated Gulf War veteran?
Miller is ahead of Adams by ~8 points but with a lot undecided.
Murkowski doesn't like him but I don't think she'll back the democrat. It would ruin any chances for her to get backing by the Repubs again.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:04 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,986,915 times
Ouch! This is not a good year to be an incumbent. There is so much voter anger, left and right, I wonder just how accurate the polls really are. The GOP found if you ignore the will of the electorate they will turn on you, and Obama in his ideological arrogance could following the same path to oblivion.

I sure hope so.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:44 AM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times
This is a salient point about the right.

Joe Miller's primary victory illustrates problem with GOP (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/Examiner-Opinion-Zone/Joe-Millers-primary-victory-in-Alaska-illustrates-problem-with-GOP-101886513.html - broken link)

The commentary is about how the Republican leadership sent lawyers to defend the incumbent instead of accepting the chance within their own party. It doesn't make sense - especially since the momentum in the country wants a change in the type of leaders that exist.

What is their thinking that does not let them embrace this change?

Old 09-01-2010, 12:33 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,538,721 times
The powers behind the Republicans want the Teabaggers to win. I find the results amusing as the Republicans are driven to the far right. I hope the TEA PARTY continues to drive the Republican party away from the center.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:44 PM

26,195 posts, read 14,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The powers behind the Republicans want the Teabaggers to win. I find the results amusing as the Republicans are driven to the far right. I hope the TEA PARTY continues to drive the Republican party away from the center.
Which Republicans and which powers - the DeMint, Palin wing, or the McCain, Graham wing?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or