Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 03:24 PM

767 posts, read 489,082 times

Advertisements

I've never voted Republican, and sure as hell don't support the Tea party, but the Dems deserve to lose. They controlled the House, the Senate, and the White House for 1 1/2 years and they did close to nothing!! No excuse for that. What's the point of voting them in for another 3 years, to do more of nothing?? I don't think so. Bye bye, you guys deserve everything you get.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:35 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
They have controlled congress for more then 3 years with ZERO accomplishments to show for it.

The party of NO, the demNOcrats finally EARNED something. The way out of the doors and out of running things in America.

They deserve to be removed from running anything in America based on there 3+ years of failures and 1 1/2 years with Obama and then together making America worse then it has been since the depression.

I have a thread that not one single person was able to name one major single accomplishment of the dems since 2007.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:40 PM

767 posts, read 489,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They have controlled congress for more then 3 years with ZERO accomplishments to show for it.

The party of NO, the demNOcrats finally EARNED something. The way out of the doors and out of running things in America.

They deserve to be removed from running anything in America based on there 3+ years of failures and 1 1/2 years with Obama and then together making America worse then it has been since the depression.

I have a thread that not one single person was able to name one major single accomplishment of the dems since 2007.
You just contradicted yourself. You stated they have done nothing, only later to say they have made America worse. Which one is it?? This should be fun.

<-sits back and grabs popcorn

Old 09-11-2010, 03:51 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Sure Democrats deserve to lose. But do Republicans deserve to win? I dunno. It just goes back and forth every few years. Kind of gets old.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:58 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Democrats whining that the Republican Party is the party of no, when they had clear majorities in both Houses, and a filibuster-proof majorty in the Senate no less, the GOP had NO WAY of blocking the Democratic agenda They brought this on themselves

Old 09-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Democrats whining that the Republican Party is the party of no, when they had clear majorities in both Houses, and a filibuster-proof majorty in the Senate no less, the GOP had NO WAY of blocking the Democratic agenda They brought this on themselves
I agree, I find it funny the Democrats blame the Republicans for being obstructionists when they have all the power.

If the GOP does take the House it will be interesting to see how the administration will react when they have to cooperate with Republicans and can't just push them aside.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping for deadlock. No new laws are good new laws.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:15 PM

516 posts, read 375,611 times
"No new laws are good new laws."

Yup.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,932,004 times
The average person is impatient and wants immediate results. This happens every election, the majority party always loses members during the next election and usually loses the majority. It continues back and forth.

I make the majority of my money from the stock market, so as long as they don't mess with Wall Street, I don't give a **** who is in power. Wall Street btw isn't just for rich CEO's... anyone with a 401k, a mutual fund, a stock etc are in Wall Street. You don't have to be a millionaire to buy a mutual fund or a stock. You can start out with $500 and in this economy, if you know what you are doing and are willing to do your homework, there is a lot of money the average joe can make. I voted for Obama, but his war against Wall Street is making me change my mind come 2012.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I make the majority of my money from the stock market, so as long as they don't mess with Wall Street, I don't give a **** who is in power. Wall Street btw isn't just for rich CEO's... anyone with a 401k, a mutual fund, a stock etc are in Wall Street. You don't have to be a millionaire to buy a mutual fund or a stock. You can start out with $500 and in this economy, if you know what you are doing and are willing to do your homework, there is a lot of money the average joe can make. I voted for Obama, but his war against Wall Street is making me change my mind come 2012. [/b]
Hell yeah, I'm poor as ****, 22 years old and am opening my 401K this week.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
That isnt the reason they should lose it. There is many reasons they should lose it things most important one is NOT listening to the American people and just snubbing their nose at us.

Hearing Democrat Rep Slaughter say she wont be bullied by the American people. She should have been removed right then and there in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections