Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,428,740 times

Advertisements

Needless to say this is big news. The Elway poll has a great track record and is well respected here in the NW. The Republicans don't win this race, their chances of taking the Senate are virtually nil...

Quote:
A new Elway Poll on the Senate race has incumbent Democrat Patty Murray up 50-41% over Republican challenger Dino Rossi.
-----

Those results are quite a bit different from a KING 5 poll by Survey USA last month, which had Rossi ahead 52-45.
That poll, as Seattle PI.com's Chris Grygiel noted, weirdly had Rossi tied with Murray in the greater Seattle area, even though she won 59% of the King County vote in the primary. The Elway poll puts Murray's King County lead at 61-30%.
Politics Northwest | Murray leads in new Elway poll | Seattle Times Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 01:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
HM dont know. RCP still has WA listed as a toss-up. But I don't know, a Republican winning there, would be just another of the Susan Collins/McAmnesty fold anyway

Old 09-14-2010, 07:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Needless to say this is big news. The Elway poll has a great track record and is well respected here in the NW. The Republicans don't win this race, their chances of taking the Senate are virtually nil...

Politics Northwest | Murray leads in new Elway poll | Seattle Times Newspaper
and I don't think many expect them to take over the senate..

Nita

Old 09-14-2010, 08:02 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
HM dont know. RCP still has WA listed as a toss-up. But I don't know, a Republican winning there, would be just another of the Susan Collins/McAmnesty fold anyway
I think RCP lists most races with a close margin and no one over 55% a tossup

Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I don't think many expect them to take over the senate..

Nita
Murray will lose along with many others.

I think they will and I will explain my reasoning.

Just earlier today real clear politics had this "Conservative activist Christine O'Donnell holds a 47 percent to 44 percent lead over establishment favorite Rep. Mike Castle in Tuesday's Delaware GOP Senate primary, according to a new Public Policy..."

A three point lead touted early this morning.

The reality is with 98.5% of the precincts repo0rting an actual vote O'Donnell received 53.2% to Castle's 46.8% or more than double (6.4%) what polls were predicting just 12 hours ago.

Come November 2nd you will see this happen in election after election all across the country.
You are going to see undecideds break overwhelming to the republican side in a phenomenon explained by Dick Morris here

Quote:
Don’t confuse the dramatic swell of the Republican tide that is becoming increasingly evident to the pundits of the country with party trend. Right before Election Day, the numbers will get even better and presage an even larger Republican victory.
I think Morris is dead on this one. Any democrat polling less than 47% with a lead of 2 or 3% is in deep, deep ****. Right now the RCP Average 9/7 - 9/13 -- is 46.7% for Reid and 45.3% for Angle giving Reid just a 1.4% advantage but Reid is far below 50% and when the 8.8% of undecideds go to the polls they will overwhelmingly vote for Angle if, for nothing more, to send a message to Washington.

Democrats can not begin to fathom the depth of their looming defeat.

I expect a number of liberal suicide reports the evening of November 2nd.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:47 AM

Two more polls showing Murray opening up a lead over the slimy Dino Rossi (R-BIAW). That makes three this past week. Of note, the Elway Poll, plus these two, all have Patty over 50%.

Murray-53%
Rossi-44%

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/im.../topstate2.pdf

Murray-51%
Rossi-46%

Toplines - Washington Senate - September 14, 2010 - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

Old 09-18-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Come November 2nd you will see this happen in election after election all across the country.
You are going to see undecideds break overwhelming to the republican side in a phenomenon explained by Dick Morris here
Hmm, Dick Morris made a similar prediction about undecideds in 2008:

Quote:
Undecideds Should Break For McCain: "As Obama has oscillated, moving somewhat above or somewhat below 50 percent in all the October polls, his election likely hangs in the balance. If he falls short of 50 percent in these circumstances, a majority of the voters can be said to have rejected him. Likely a disproportionate number of the undecideds will vote for McCain."
Mark Nickolas: Worst Pundit In America: Dick Morris (In A Landslide)

How'd that work out for ya?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Murray will lose along with many others.

I think they will and I will explain my reasoning.

Just earlier today real clear politics had this "Conservative activist Christine O'Donnell holds a 47 percent to 44 percent lead over establishment favorite Rep. Mike Castle in Tuesday's Delaware GOP Senate primary, according to a new Public Policy..."

A three point lead touted early this morning.

The reality is with 98.5% of the precincts repo0rting an actual vote O'Donnell received 53.2% to Castle's 46.8% or more than double (6.4%) what polls were predicting just 12 hours ago.

I think Morris is dead on this one. Any democrat polling less than 47% with a lead of 2 or 3% is in deep, deep ****. Right now the RCP Average 9/7 - 9/13 -- is 46.7% for Reid and 45.3% for Angle giving Reid just a 1.4% advantage but Reid is far below 50% and when the 8.8% of undecideds go to the polls they will overwhelmingly vote for Angle if, for nothing more, to send a message to Washington.

Democrats can not begin to fathom the depth of their looming defeat.

I expect a number of liberal suicide reports the evening of November 2nd.
love you attitude, you and my husband would get along famously, but I don't think it will be that way totally. I do think Angle is going to pull it off, I will laugh my head off at all the libs here if that happens. They have had her getting creamed...

I agree about sending a message to Washington. I am not a strong supporter of the Tea Party, but I am happy with what they have accomplished. What they are saying and many Americans, "we have had enough" we want our country back.

Nita

Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Hmm, Dick Morris made a similar prediction about undecideds in 2008:

How'd that work out for ya?
Upton, in case you are not aware: 2008 is not 2010...

Nita

Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Upton, in case you are not aware: 2008 is not 2010...

Nita

True, but the fact that Morris was so far off repeatedly in 2008, says something about his ability as a political prognosticator.

Here's some more in the way of Morris oldies but goodies from 2008:

"Palin’s selection will end up as a big win for John McCain
. ...The attacks on Palin mirror the problems that tens of millions of American women find in their everyday lives. To attack them would be to condemn themselves and their own choices in their own lives. Watching Palin standing strong and McCain backing her up will be inspiring to many of them. And the identification of the Democrats with the attacks on her will turn them off...The Republicans, McCain and Palin, will come through this crisis in great shape."

"Nobody is going to vote for or against McCain because they want Sarah Palin to be vice president of the United States, or don’t."

"Then came Obama’s conversation with Joe the Plumber, possibly the decisive moment in the election."

"By not putting Hillary on his ticket and then giving her a primetime speech at the convention on Tuesday, Obama has the worst of both possible worlds.
The better Hillary’s speech, the more people ask why she was passed over for vice president...He didn’t help himself with these women by not choosing Hillary. Now, when Hillary spends all of Tuesday night showing what a grievous omission leaving her off the ticket really was, the electoral consequences for Obama are likely to be horrific."

Morris is a partisan idiot Nita.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections