U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 06:33 AM

58,933 posts, read 30,039,682 times

Advertisements

Since it is us, the PEOPLE that vote the fools in, it stands to reason it is going to take a few election cycles to drain the swamp.

You see Progressives let people like Pelosi drain the swamp. You see the outstanding job she has done with that.

The Conservatives are DIY'ers. We control the sump pump and the hose. If you want it done right, you do it yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2010, 01:41 PM

23,563 posts, read 9,816,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Talking about policies is the easy part. IMPLEMENTING them, though, is a whole 'nuther game and I've seen nothing from the Tea Partier's about how they would do that.

As they say....talk is cheap.
And that's what YOUR post is. A cheap talking point.
Because of YOUR inability to understand the simple statements made by the Tea Party candidates YOU want to throw blame on the candidate. Like I mentioned on a previous post. It is YOUR fault YOU haven't been paying attention.
How hard is it to understand when a candidate says to cut taxes and reduce spending because of the costly and ineffective way the government does business? Is that a difficult concept to grasp?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates speak about how ineffective and costly the "War on Drugs" is and why reducing that branch of the government is a good idea?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates speak of ending our military occupation around the world and bringing our military home thus reducing it's cost?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates talk against the bailouts Bush and Obama pushed through, costing us tons of money?
Why is it YOU have not heard of candidates wanting to appeal the Health Care Bill which increases the size of the government?

Want to know how they plan on to implement it? By voting NO on increasing anything having to do with the size of government. Stay out of the "running our lives" business.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:10 PM

14,079 posts, read 16,909,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
And that's what YOUR post is. A cheap talking point.
Because of YOUR inability to understand the simple statements made by the Tea Party candidates YOU want to throw blame on the candidate. Like I mentioned on a previous post. It is YOUR fault YOU haven't been paying attention.
How hard is it to understand when a candidate says to cut taxes and reduce spending because of the costly and ineffective way the government does business? Is that a difficult concept to grasp?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates speak about how ineffective and costly the "War on Drugs" is and why reducing that branch of the government is a good idea?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates speak of ending our military occupation around the world and bringing our military home thus reducing it's cost?
Why is it YOU have not heard candidates talk against the bailouts Bush and Obama pushed through, costing us tons of money?
Why is it YOU have not heard of candidates wanting to appeal the Health Care Bill which increases the size of the government?

Want to know how they plan on to implement it? By voting NO on increasing anything having to do with the size of government. Stay out of the "running our lives" business.

I've heard a lot of talk and nothing more than that...just talk, which anyone can do.

Know why you haven't heard how they plan to achieve all this? Because they don't have a plan!

"Just Say No," isn't much of a political strategy, is it?

But, if you're satisfied with vague promises and cheap talk, go ahead and vote for them. Personally, I think I'll wait until someone from the Tea Parties steps up and says,"We're going to change how America does business...and this is how."

I won't hold my breath, though.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
I've heard a lot of talk and nothing more than that...just talk, which anyone can do.

Know why you haven't heard how they plan to achieve all this? Because they don't have a plan!

"Just Say No," isn't much of a political strategy, is it?

But, if you're satisfied with vague promises and cheap talk, go ahead and vote for them. Personally, I think I'll wait until someone from the Tea Parties steps up and says,"We're going to change how America does business...and this is how."

I won't hold my breath, though.
Do a little research on "Return to Normalcy"
That's the plan, Stan.

The problems of maintained civilization are not to be solved by a transfer of responsibility from citizenship to government, and no eminent page in history was ever drafted by the standards of mediocrity. More, no government is worthy of the name which is directed by influence on the one hand, or moved by intimidation on the other…

My best judgment of America’s needs is to steady down, to get squarely on our feet, to make sure of the right path. Let’s get out of the fevered delirium of war, with the hallucination that all the money in the world is to be made in the madness of war and the wildness of its aftermath. Let us stop to consider that tranquility at home is more precious than peace abroad, and that both our good fortune and our eminence are dependent on the normal forward stride of all the American people. …

Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Do a little research on "Return to Normalcy"
That's the plan, Stan.

The problems of maintained civilization are not to be solved by a transfer of responsibility from citizenship to government, and no eminent page in history was ever drafted by the standards of mediocrity. More, no government is worthy of the name which is directed by influence on the one hand, or moved by intimidation on the other…

My best judgment of America’s needs is to steady down, to get squarely on our feet, to make sure of the right path. Let’s get out of the fevered delirium of war, with the hallucination that all the money in the world is to be made in the madness of war and the wildness of its aftermath. Let us stop to consider that tranquility at home is more precious than peace abroad, and that both our good fortune and our eminence are dependent on the normal forward stride of all the American people. …

I don't think that's as much of a plan as it is a vision of Utopia, one which probably isn't replicable in the 21st century nor even a good idea if it were.

Harding, like Wilson before him, was dreamer who envisioned mankind marching forward resolutely, arm in arm and free from the effects of war, into a bright and shining future of wealth for all and a chicken in every pot.

The real effects of his shortened presidency, though, and that of Coolidge and Hoover who followed him, was the excesses of the Roaring 20's, the rise of militaristic nationalism abroad, the disarming of the west in the face of a growing threat from Japan, a retreat into isolationism and a "Republican Prosperity," which led directly to the Great Depression and World War II.

If that's what the Tea Parties want, please count me out.

ps: I doubt very many Tea Partiers know very much at all about Warren G. Harding or how similar their beliefs are to his. Neither do Republican fans know how similar the modern-day party is the No Nothings of the late 19th century. The Democrats, on the other hand, are still reading from the same playbook they've had since 1933 and, though they may know where they're going, they've never looked back at the wreckage left in their wake.

It seems that Santayana will once again be proved correct.

Or, perhaps more likely in this political season, Emile Chartier will be proven right: "Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it's the only one you have."

Far, far too many voters only have one idea this year.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I don't think that's as much of a plan as it is a vision of Utopia, one which probably isn't replicable in the 21st century nor even a good idea if it were.

Harding, like Wilson before him, was dreamer who envisioned mankind marching forward resolutely, arm in arm and free from the effects of war, into a bright and shining future of wealth for all and a chicken in every pot.

The real effects of his shortened presidency, though, and that of Coolidge and Hoover who followed him, was the excesses of the Roaring 20's, the rise of militaristic nationalism abroad, the disarming of the west in the face of a growing threat from Japan, a retreat into isolationism and a "Republican Prosperity," which led directly to the Great Depression and World War II.

If that's what the Tea Parties want, please count me out.

ps: I doubt very many Tea Partiers know very much at all about Warren G. Harding or how similar their beliefs are to his. Neither do Republican fans know how similar the modern-day party is the No Nothings of the late 19th century. The Democrats, on the other hand, are still reading from the same playbook they've had since 1933 and, though they may know where they're going, they've never looked back at the wreckage left in their wake.

It seems that Santayana will once again be proved correct.

Or, perhaps more likely in this political season, Emile Chartier will be proven right: "Nothing is more dangerous than an idea when it's the only one you have."

Far, far too many voters only have one idea this year.

Your using R & D where C & P need to be used. They are not interchangeable as you wish to make it.

Harding inherited a depression greater than that of the 1933 drop, Big spending Hoover caused and FDR drew out with his Progressive spending. Hoover and FDR were very Progressive, the same as Wilson was.

Now Harding inherited a much bigger problem than Obama ever did. In less than 18 months, we had the roaring 20's, the most profitable time in US history. Hoover trashed that.

So you see it is not Republican or Democrat. It is the parasite Progressive that sucks the life from the Conservative nation.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Your using R & D where C & P need to be used. They are not interchangeable as you wish to make it.
Please explain what you mean. That went right over my head.

Quote:
It is the parasite Progressive that sucks the life from the Conservative nation.
To that comment, I can only refer you back to Emile Chartier again.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 AM

33,848 posts, read 32,117,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon704 View Post
...then what? They will still be outnumbered by establishment Republicans. What kind of legislative influence will they have within Congress? Will Social Security be privatized within two years? Will entire federal departments (education, homeland security, etc.) be completely dismantled? Exactly what would their impact be?
Here's what will happen under your scenario. In the House, where members come up for re-election every 2 years, establishment members will be dancing conservatively with our money when they have a "this could happen to me next time" moment of clarity.

Old 09-21-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Please explain what you mean. That went right over my head.

I had no idea you were not keeping up. I apologize.
D=Democrat
R=Republican
C=Conservative
P=Progressive

Using R & D where C & P need to be used. They are not interchangeable as you wish to make it, to twist a Progressive agenda and say Republicans did it.
No a Progressive Republican did it. We are getting rid of them. That McCain guy has them fooled in Arizona, though. He needed to go big time, along with Graham.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
I had no idea you were not keeping up. I apologize.
D=Democrat
R=Republican
C=Conservative
P=Progressive

Using R & D where C & P need to be used. They are not interchangeable as you wish to make it, to twist a Progressive agenda and say Republicans did it.
No a Progressive Republican did it. We are getting rid of them. That McCain guy has them fooled in Arizona, though. He needed to go big time, along with Graham.

If you can get rid of what you call progressive Republican's (but, are actually Neo-conservative Republican's) and take the party back to true conservatism, I'll join right up.

However...since it appears the Neo's have taken full control of the Tea Party movement and are running their candidates in disguise, I think I'll wait awhile before signing on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or