Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 01:07 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
LauraC (disingenously) wrote;

Define "tried harder". Does it mean put forth a more moderate candiate? If so, it's their own fault, anyone "moderate" enough to win has been so pilloried as a RINO that he's taken his marbles and gone home.

Is is "dump in enough money to overwhelm the airwaves"? If they're not doing that it's because the money people; the RSCC and Rove's 'billionaire boy's club" are smart enough to know that doing that means taking from other, more promising races.

So, what exactly do you mean by "try harder"?
Money
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
UBER UBER Republican sample.
A 9 point advantage to the democrat in party affiliation doesn't strike me as a "republican" sample.

SurveyUSA Election Poll #17132

Old 09-23-2010, 06:57 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
Face it, NY is heavily a Blue State and most likely always will be. I've given up on NY and categorize it in with California and Massachusetts. I hope I'm wrong and it goes the way NJ went. I thought NJ was a lost cause too but their Governor is great now.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:22 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
A 9 point advantage to the democrat in party affiliation doesn't strike me as a "republican" sample.

SurveyUSA Election Poll #17132
In a state in which the Democratic advantage is 25 points, a 9 point advantage is insane.

New Sienna College poll has Gillibrand up by 26.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:24 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Anything is possible, but I strongly believe Gillibrand is gonna win it

Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
She should be beaten....and bound and gagged, too! She voted yes to Obamacare.

Old 09-25-2010, 03:40 PM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Just out - Gillibrand's lead is eroding:

"Two new polls show Republican challenger Joseph DioGuardi closing in on incumbent Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who along with fellow New York Sen. Chuck Schumer was considered a shoo-in for the seat in November."

FOXNews.com - 40 Days to Decide: Gillibrand's Lead Eroding in New York Senate Polls

Old 09-26-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Just out - Gillibrand's lead is eroding:

"Two new polls show Republican challenger Joseph DioGuardi closing in on incumbent Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who along with fellow New York Sen. Chuck Schumer was considered a shoo-in for the seat in November."

FOXNews.com - 40 Days to Decide: Gillibrand's Lead Eroding in New York Senate Polls
This is what was being discussed earlier in the thread, uber GOP samples. Another poll, released after those two has her up 26 points.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:12 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
UBER UBER Republican sample.
No, it isn't. WGRZ is in a very Democratic county (Erie County). I live here. Chances of calling likely voters and getting all Reuplicans in the sample are almost nil. The County ( city and burbs) is way more Dem than Rep.

Speak of what you know, not what you hope.

I just hope we can vote her out. She has done nothing for the area but show up and smile...

Old 10-09-2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
No, it isn't. WGRZ is in a very Democratic county (Erie County). I live here. Chances of calling likely voters and getting all Reuplicans in the sample are almost nil. The County ( city and burbs) is way more Dem than Rep.

Speak of what you know, not what you hope.

I just hope we can vote her out. She has done nothing for the area but show up and smile...
1. They polled the entire state, not just Erie.

2. WGRZ did not conduct the poll, they reported on it. The poll was commissioned by two Newspapers, one in Rochester, one in White Plains and was conducted by Survey USA.

3. As far as my uber uber GOP sample. The poll had 9% more Democrats than Republicans. In NY the Democrats have a 25 point registration advantage. The gap on Election Day will be closer than the 25 point registration gap, but it sure as hell isn't going to be anywhere close to just 9.

4. The same pollster (Survey USA) just released a new poll on this race. It shows Gillibrand up by 19.

5. In fact ever since the one poll that showed the race a dead heat, six polls have come out. All six show Gillibrand up by double digits. The last three polls have her up by 19, 21 and 14.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections