Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:20 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You can't be republican female candidate unless you're a candidate for hustler. Empty headed women need only apply. That's the problem with conservatives. They've got this lame notion of women and just keep trotting it out there.
Think this one could get into Playboy?

http://angrywhitedude.com/wp-content...i-on-botox.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I was simply pointing out the irony. . . you must see that the response to the "dabbled in witchcraft in highschool" remark has taken a life of it's own.
It is hypocrtical to take it to these level of hysteria considering the politicians they have given a pass to.
It was a point worth noting I believe.
I understand what you are getting at and personally I could care less what she did in her youth as lord knows most of us have done something incredibly stupid in our lives. Yet playing partisan gotcha with examples would take up so much hard drive space this site would crash.

Is it hypocritical that some will bash her and give a pass to one of their own, sure. Have not Republicans and Democrats both resorted to this same old tired foolish game, you betcha. Have people and will people continue to point out where one is hypocritical while remaining silent when their team does the same thing, you betcha. Get used to it, it is politics in America today, gotcha!

Old 10-05-2010, 02:28 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You can't be republican female candidate unless you're a candidate for hustler. Empty headed women need only apply. That's the problem with conservatives. They've got this lame notion of women and just keep trotting it out there.
What the heck?
Oh, is THAT what the problem with conservatives is? Thanks for the tip! lol!

I've never seen "Hustler" so I can't really follow what you mean by this criteria for republican female candidates lol!

And what would you say is the problem with liberals?

Would you say that a female candidate for liberals must be well, let's face it, unattractive in the same vein as Hillary Clinton, Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters? I'd really just be interested in your take on this.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:08 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
And? Hate to tell you they still support her.
Yes, they do, but her problem is those in the middle do not, which is why she is going to get trounced in November. Only appealing to the far right might work in some states, it doesn't work in Delaware.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
I was simply pointing out the irony. . . you must see that the response to the "dabbled in witchcraft in highschool" remark has taken a life of it's own.
It is hypocrtical to take it to these level of hysteria considering the politicians they have given a pass to.
It was a point worth noting I believe.
Again, I don't think anyone on the democratic side could care less if she calls herself a witch or not. The radical conservative Christian side of the republican party (the side that dominates it today) HAS made strong public stands against witchcraft--remember Sarah Palin's Assembly of God church, and her pastor's praying over her to protect her from "the spirit of witchcraft?" You know--Sarah not reading the background info given to her while she was trying to get ready for a vice presidential debate because she spent the time reading texts from "prayer warriers" who were protecting her from evil? Sarah Palin has a very good shot at being your next presidential candidate. This is not a case of the democrats saying "gotcha" and throwing dirt over something a candidate did in a harmless high school phase. It's over the complete hypocrisy of the Christian right--based on their standards and beliefs (which they hold to be morally superior to the rest of us), they should be outraged by this woman, but because she's a republican, they suddenly don't think witchcraft is such a big deal. That's why it's an issue.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/max-bl..._b_128805.html

Old 10-05-2010, 03:40 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
My favorite line by her was "if he's doing that, why am I there?"

Make yourself useful

Old 10-05-2010, 03:46 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
This will go down in history as one of the most hilarious political ads ever produced.

Chris Coons has a new website up. Check it out!

Tell Christine O'Donnell: You are not me.
Haha nice

Quote:
In her new television ad, Christine O’Donnell says she is you. But unless you think the retirement age for Social Security should be raised, want to further de-regulate Wall Street, are against a woman’s right to choose, think public schools should teach Creationism, and think homosexuality is an "identity disorder,"
she is not you.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Dang! I was getting my crucifix ready in case she showed up in my neck of the woods.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,095,198 times
By the time she wakes up and finds out it is the billionaires who hate everybody who are funding her it will be just like the coven she was a groupie in. heres the real thing. her squirrley little chat and her crooked smile divulge who is is.....not her personality but deep down. she is a mean cheat and like her benefactor Ms.Lizard Brain just wants to be loved.....she is dangerous, smug and funded...

Old 10-05-2010, 04:59 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Here is what I dont get

For democrats the following is fine

Being a KKK member
Knowing a terrorist
Doing drugs
Knowing someone that damns America
Cheats on their spouse.
Got impeached

All of those things are fine you all will still vote for someone that is the above but someone that experimented with something as a teenager is horrific. Lets all sit here and pretend we havent done anything as a teenager that we regret. In the grand scheme of things this should be acceptable considering how much the left dislikes GOD

Clearly she, or her handlers, thought it serious enough for her to attempt to do some damage control, hence the video. Personally, I was amused by this for about a minute when it first broke, and haven't thought about it since. I do find it interesting, however, how many of the same people who continue to go on about the President's alleged 'transgressions' as a youth, are the loudest proponents of turning the other cheek now. Do we really need to go through the list of R's who have cheated on their wives, or tapped three times in a men's room... who continue to get a pass from the right?
It is this continued hypocrisy that grates, really couldn't care less if she was or is a Satanist. Freedom of religion and all that.
Fudging the college record, well, that's something else entirely.
But hey, the guy who lied about his Viet Nam record is leading in CT. All I can say is pragmatism at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections