Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 09:06 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times

Advertisements

Oh, btw. Frankford Texas really doesn't exist anymore. It was annexed by Dallas thirty-five years ago. All that is left is a church and cemetery.

Angle: Two American cities under Sharia law – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 09:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
You haven't visited Dearborn, Michigan lately. Have you?
No, but I can't tell you how many times conservatives have posted something about Dearborn, Michigan recently in their responses to my posts. I'm guessing that Fox News or some other right-wing media source must be talking about Dearborn a lot because you folks are regurgitating it over and over again.

Old 10-09-2010, 09:56 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Is this a serious post?

I mean, I know the Katy Perry and cleavage story. But I have never heard it was because of 'Islamic values'?? I've heard it's because Americans are typically uptight about sexuality...I've heard christians are offended...these things have always been this way since the beginning of the country's findings and well before. They are because we were a strong puritan country.

Never ever heard its because the US is moving towards Islamic values before? Just plain weird to hear that.

I think Bert & Ernie might have had issues with her cleavage

Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
They just said on the news that in Germany from now on three universities will be responsible for producing professional imams (in analogy to priests etc.) so that the import of imams from Muslim countries (who tend to be much more radical) can be reduced and eventually eliminated. A good decision, after all imams have great influence on local Muslim communities.

How are imams in the US educated? Do they come from Muslim countries?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They just said on the news that in Germany from now on three universities will be responsible for producing professional imams (in analogy to priests etc.) so that the import of imams from Muslim countries (who tend to be much more radical) can be reduced and eventually eliminated. A good decision, after all imams have great influence on local Muslim communities.

How are imams in the US educated? Do they come from Muslim countries?
Some of them do come from Muslim countries and there are private Muslims schools here, just not universities, to my knowledge. I heard also Germany will be a Muslim nation in a couple decades from now?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Some of them do come from Muslim countries and there are private Muslims schools here, just not universities, to my knowledge. I heard also Germany will be a Muslim nation in a couple decades from now?
The problem with private schools is that nobody can control what they teach there.

I don't believe in those forecasts, the Muslim population in Germany is only 5% (4.3m), immigration from Muslim countries is low now, conversion to Islam is low as well (there is even conversion away from Islam among young Muslims), and reproduction rates for Muslims are not much higher than for other Germans...

Old 10-14-2010, 05:00 PM

436 posts, read 908,264 times
I can tell you Americans wouldn't put up with that crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections