Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Loss Will Send a Tingle Up Your Leg
Harry Reid 22 40.74%
Charlie Crist 4 7.41%
Barney Frank 19 35.19%
Alan Grayson 5 9.26%
Nancy Pelosi 28 51.85%
Obama 13 24.07%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 09:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Pelosi has more of a chance of losing than Frank.
Her opposition to Prop 19 - and John Dennis' support of Prop 19 - might cause that seat to turn red, with Dennis becoming the first Republican Congressman to represent San Francisco since the '60s.
Nancy should learn it's not wise to take a position on an issue important to your district that's totally in opposition to the views of your district.
Pelosi's opposition to cannabis is like if a Congressman or Congresswoman from Texas came out in favor of strict gun control.
she's against Prop 19???? You've gotta be kidding me? What a traitor.
This is what I mean when I say that the Dems that we support have no b@lls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
she's against Prop 19???? You've gotta be kidding me? What a traitor.
This is what I mean when I say that the Dems that we support have no b@lls.
TBF the overwhelming majority of elected officials in the state oppose 19 not just Pelosi - the most prominent current California politicians who support 19 are Pete Stark, Barbara Lee, George Miller, Tom Ammiano, and Mark Leno.

However, cannabis is important enough of an issue that Pelosi's chances of losing her job are quite high, and even Pelosi's own camp is projecting a victory by a much smaller margin than in the past. It's increasingly looking like a toss-up.

Dennis is pro-Prop 19 AND supports the repeal of the Defense of Marriage Act (which Pelosi has done nothing to try to repeal) and the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. If he defeats Pelosi, which he very well could, that would be the most important political upset in the US - and would send a message to both parties.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:43 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Oh oh oh I can't make up my mind there are soooo many good choices.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,867,824 times
Awesome poll.

Reid let Obama get away with the Vegas bashing at the same time he was blindly leading everyone into the Healthcare takeover so he's not very bright.

Pelosi told a group of illegals they were more patriotic than US citizens. I agree with the Botox on the brain comment.

Frank has probably cost the country more than the rest with Fannie and Freddie. But I actually felt sorry for him in his debate. Wascally Wabbit looked like he'd have given just about anything for a hole to jump into.

Christ...I mean really, can anyone trust a guy thats been a dem then a pub then independant? We all know politicans are unethical, but good gosh...so blatant!

Grayson is so arrogant and smug that he would be my second pick but please forgive me I have to add one more.

When Boxer dressed down a Four Star General for addressing her as Ma'am...that blew my gasket. She is the epitomy of the snobby elite in my book.

I feel like a kid in a candy store TEE HEE!

Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Why is Obama on your list? His name doesn't appear on the November ballot...except in your dreams.
Then why is he so busy on the campaign trail? He is working like it was, but you seem to be saying that he is just "helping" out of the goodness of his heart instead of trying to solve any problems facing him.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Any Democrat that calls Republicans too extreme or crazy, will obviously be good for us because those Republicans are less likely to "reach across the aisle" to the Democrats. This is why the Republican Party is on the precipice because they are too moderate and willing to compromise too much. Nothing is worse than bipartisanship. And Rush made that observation yesterday on his radio show that if the GOP continues down the Charlie Crist and John McCain path, the GOP will become the 3rd party and a new conservative party would replace the GOP
The Republicans are less likely to reach across the aisle? Care to provide example of the Democrats reaching across the aisle? Besides locking the Republicans out of meetings and making false claims that they provide no solutions to anything.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:53 AM

783 posts, read 815,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Personally, it is a toss-up between Crist, Reid and Frank.
Crist is not a Democrat but an independent and a voice of sanity in comparrsion with the Republican plutocrats.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:17 AM

2,011 posts, read 3,878,618 times
It's close but Pelosi for sure. That woman has NO redeeming factors at all!

Old 10-22-2010, 09:29 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,170,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Personally, it is a toss-up between Crist, Reid and Frank.
How come you didn't put your name on the list? I don't want to see any of those people fail but I don't care if you do -- since you're running the poll!

I vote for sanrene!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2010, 04:52 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
I voted for Reid, but it give me great joy to see Murray lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections