Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 02:26 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,415,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
On the contrary, when conservatives tell certain groups NOT to vote, it is crystal clear that conservatives obviously know THEIR actions and policies are NOT what the American people want to vote for!
Again, it's not the AMERICANS (hispanic, black, or white) that was addressed to, it was the non-Americans who call themselves "hispanic".

Or are you one of the liberals who believes that the so called "hispanic" vote is a monolith? In fact more and more, I've heard people refer to their ethnicity as "Spanish-American" because the "hispanic" no longer means American because the foreign born here illegally have now taken that term over.

Supposedly the "hispanic" issues are now all about welfare handouts, more spending on schools, better welfare benefits, free health care for all - especially for all here illegally, unlimited immigration, citizenship for anyone who gets here illegally, and having Spanish be the new language for the USA.

Those are not the issues of the American middle class which faces high unemployment, high taxes, lack of jobs, outsourcing of our jobs and so on - independent of great-great-grandparents' ethnicity.

Nor would a religious "hispanic" vote for a democrat because the religious "hispanics" don't believe in abortion and all the rest of the democrat's social agenda. Some "hispanics" care about family values, for example not all want the schools dumbed down and sex education that promotes early sex and abortion.

You have to realize that some Spanish surnamed actually are both social conservatives and fiscal conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 02:43 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I'm pretty sure it was.

American hispanics with long family roots in this country actually tend to vote Republican.

That's why the liberals concentrate their political ads in the Spanish speaking media. It's Mexican music stations and Mexican television that has all the democrat political ads - and that's because the American and English speaking hispanics are not a guaranteed liberal vote.
That is such a distortion of the truth. California Latinos overwhelmingly vote Democratic since they distrust rightly so the racism of the Republican party. It always amuses me to read Republicans trying desperately to spin how they are the party of Hispanics when reality is so different. If you live in California you know how ridiculous your statement is.

Old 10-24-2010, 02:47 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,791,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
That is such a distortion of the truth. California Latinos overwhelmingly vote Democratic since they distrust rightly so the racism of the Republican party. It always amuses me to read Republicans trying desperately to spin how they are the party of Hispanics when reality is so different. If you live in California you know how ridiculous your statement is.
Oh look here we have another blanket statement from a liberal (from California ) who says Republicans are racist

Actually the majority of Hispanics that live in California are welfare junkies and/or are related to illegals and/or believe the Democraps when they say "vote for me, I'm not racist because I have a Hispanic friend!" and that's why they vote Democrat.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:17 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,315,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Oh look here we have another blanket statement from a liberal (from California ) who says Republicans are racist

Actually the majority of Hispanics that live in California are welfare junkies and/or are related to illegals and/or believe the Democraps when they say "vote for me, I'm not racist because I have a Hispanic friend!" and that's why they vote Democrat.
It is hard to believe that you reject the "racist" label then blatantly prove yourself a hypocrite. Classic and dumb!

Old 10-24-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I live in Texas where many long time Republican *hispanics* also live. I know many.

You see the so-called "hispanic* vote really isn't a monolith, nor are "hispanics". The new arrivals of course tend to vote for democrats always, just like they kept the PRI party in their own country in power for over 7 decades.

I already broke it down for you - those who were already here (more Spanish culturally), those whose ancestors arrived during and after the Mexican revolution, and those who arrived before the 1950s. Those who arrived after 1970s or 1980s and after the generous government handout programs even aren't a monolith - you have the middle class taxpaying types who come legally and generally respect our laws, value education and hard work, but you also have those who came illegally and often just for the welfare programs. Even if they work, they can't make it without Medicaid, WIC, and food stamps and obviously they will vote democrat.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
And that is because a label is just a label. You can be anything you want to call yourself - those who refer to themselves as "latinos" and now more and more those who refer to themselves as "hispanics" tend to be the recent arrivals and are here illegally or were part of the blanket amnesty of the 1980s that rewarded anyone who came here illegally with easy citizenship.

I know some people use the "tejano" label instead and it seems more and more you hear people say "Spanish" or "Spanish-Indian" because they aren't fresh over some border and liberals want no distinction made between long-time US citizens and illegals who just arrived yesterday.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:31 PM

24,451 posts, read 33,116,977 times
Quote:
The "racism of the Republican party?"
IIRC, President G.W. Bush had more minorities in his cabinet/office than any other president in history.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:44 PM

516 posts, read 373,512 times
The left goes nuts with name calling near every election. They aren't fooling anyone of average or better intelligence. They appeal to their own lower intelligence voters who don't know better.

Like you rightly point out, Fleet, Bush was a FAR more inclusive president than the jug-eared clown we have in their now (thanks to those lower than average intelligence voters who bought into the lies that were so plain to see from everyone of average or better intelligence). The left plays to the fools in this country and the dumb ones buy into their dastardly lies.

Old 10-24-2010, 04:25 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,916,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
My hispanic husband and entire family is voting. But I dont think your going to be none to happy about it because they are NOT voting democrat. In fact I dont know a single hispanic this year voting democrat ( means my family and close friends )
Well you ARE in so. fla., aren't you? Hope that you'll vote for Charlie Crist?

Old 10-24-2010, 04:32 PM

25,040 posts, read 27,791,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Well you ARE in so. fla., aren't you? Hope that you'll vote for Charlie Crist?
Who'd vote for Democrat-lite? Rubio is going to win in FL hands down

Quote:
It is hard to believe that you reject the "racist" label then blatantly prove yourself a hypocrite. Classic and dumb!
So if I say the truth it is racist huh I know what I'm talking about. Ask any middle-class Hispanic-American and they are likely to tell you the same thing. Don't take my word for it I know the truth hurts to liberals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections