Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 02:57 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,328,510 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin and the GOP national chairman, Steele are holding a rally in California today yet no Republican candidates running for statewide office are showing up. Both Whitman who is running for governor and Fiorina who is running for senate are afraid to be seen with Palin. Just the photo op of Palin and Steele standing next to California Republicans is so frightening to them that they are boycotting this event. California Republicans can not afford to be associated with their own party for fear of losing the election!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 03:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,806,626 times
Kind of like the same thing where obama can't show his scrawny butt in places like OH, PA, WV, IN, NC, FL.....need I go on?

Old 10-16-2010, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Kind of like the same thing where obama can't show his scrawny butt in places like OH, PA, WV, IN, NC, FL.....need I go on?
Obama is polled highly in California. He doesn't have to waste his time here since Republicans are better at getting Democrats out to vote. Palin is poison in California and is only wasting her time ever stepping foot in the Golden State. But that's OK, let the Republicans act like fools since they are anyway.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:13 PM

How about ALL THOSE VULNERABLE dems in the places I listed - obama CANNOT go there, he is so toxic to his party.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:17 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,993,490 times
Why would anyone want to go to a rally hosted by Sarah Palin, or anyone else for that matter, if it's not part of their political agenda? I'm not going and I'm not even a politician. The rally just isn't relevant to me.

But nice try with the thread title. I know it always makes people feel good to pretend someone "fears" them instead of just not caring about them at all. It's like when you mom told you the other kids were just "jealous" and that's why they didn't invite you to their parties. They weren't, they just didn't like you.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:26 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,440,710 times
Quote:
I baked peanut butter cookies last night - veg/an. They were oh-so-delicious l!!!!

ANYWAYZ, they'd be very wise to distance themselves from Palin, as many have. A number of the Republican contenders do have a serious chance of winning, but know very well most Americans are getting fed up with the extremist rantings of 'wing-type' media personalities. So, clearly, they don't like Palin.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why would anyone want to go to a rally hosted by Sarah Palin, or anyone else for that matter, if it's not part of their political agenda? I'm not going and I'm not even a politician. The rally just isn't relevant to me.

But nice try with the thread title. I know it always makes people feel good to pretend someone "fears" them instead of just not caring about them at all. It's like when you mom told you the other kids were just "jealous" and that's why they didn't invite you to their parties. They weren't, they just didn't like you.
It is genuine fear for many Republicans in California to be so closely associated with the GOP in general and people like Palin and Steele in particular. Ever wonder why California Republican candidates don't even put "Republican" on their campaign material or ads? Have you seen one yard sign for Whitman or Fiorina? No, because even Republican voters are afraid of advertising their political affiliation in California for fear that they will lose friends or a job!

Old 10-16-2010, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
It is genuine fear for many Republicans in California to be so closely associated with the GOP in general and people like Palin and Steele in particular. Ever wonder why California Republican candidates don't even put "Republican" on their campaign material or ads? Have you seen one yard sign for Whitman or Fiorina? No, because even Republican voters are afraid of advertising their political affiliation in California for fear that they will lose friends or a job!
Again, it's the SAME reason why obama can't go to certain areas to campaign. He would do more damage than good, same with Palin especially in ultra-blue CA.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Again, it's the SAME reason why obama can't go to certain areas to campaign. He would do more damage than good, same with Palin especially in ultra-blue CA.
Perhaps but the populated states mostly vote Democratic and why Republicans are doomed beyond these freak elections. If the economy wasn't an issue the GOP would be looking worse than it did in 2008. Republicans can only capitalize on the negative since they have nothing positive to offer the American people. Usually fear and ignorance is what they pander to!

Old 10-19-2010, 03:34 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,857,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Perhaps but the populated states mostly vote Democratic and why Republicans are doomed beyond these freak elections. If the economy wasn't an issue the GOP would be looking worse than it did in 2008. Republicans can only capitalize on the negative since they have nothing positive to offer the American people. Usually fear and ignorance is what they pander to!
It's interesting that everytime the dems are in trouble it's because of the economy. Dontcha get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections