Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 05:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Great ad.

Although, he lost the Left with his first sentence.

No,
- Whats lost on me is folks like you who believe that your opinion and beliefs are the only one's that matter.
Whats lost on me is folks like you who believe that your opinion and beliefs are superior to mine.
- What is lost on me is folks like you on one side of your mouth will claim to believe in freedom and rights, spout off about the constitution, but on the other side of your mouth will disrespect the freedom and rights of others to have free will to voice their opinion and to voice their disagreement.
- Whats lost on me is that YOU believe that because I'm a liberal or a left as you call it, I do not love my country, and just like any other partisan bias ill informed child, you would be wrong.

Everyone needs to grow up and realize YOU ARE NO MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE NEXT PERSON. Deal with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 06:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Oh come now. Just answer the question of what you think of the first sentence.

Most lefties would recoil from such a statement, just as obama did when he downplayed American exceptionalism.

Old 10-26-2010, 06:08 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
unlike YOU I don't try to speak for those on the Right so why would I speak for anyone on the Left. You should only be responsible for yourself and your family. Childish behavior and Ignorance always seems to outweight Adult behavior and Respect when one feels that they are superior to others.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaida View Post
CORRECTIONS and additions:
When CLINTON, the last DEMOCRATIC president, was in office...he left EXCESS FUNDS IN THE TREASURY; after the REPUBLICANS came in, WE were nearly BANKRUPT AND IN DEBT TO OTHER COUNTRIES.

Practicing dishonestly, as usual, the REPUBLICANS are trying to pretend that they have forgotten these facts...forgotten that the national debt was exceedingly high when DEMOCRATS came on board and PEOPLE WERE FEARFUL ABOUT LOSING THEIR HOMES AND JOBS when OBAMA took office. People wanna say that the DEMOCRATS are over using the fact that we inherited a mess...that we should move on. They are being unfair BECAUSE like it or not YOU cannot get the car out of the driveway until you shovel the deep snow out of the way. PRESIDENT OBAMA was SNOWED IN. Bushed walked into A SNOW FREE DRIVEWAY. Nothing to stop him from whatever his agenda was...unfortunately for us, his agenda was to revenge his father at the expense of so many people who are paying with our lives, jobs homes, etc. NOW Democrats ARE IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO RECTIFY the Republicans' wrong and WE ARE ACCUSED OF GOING TOO SLOWLY not making the changes unexpected; not putting people to work, darn the fact we had to sweep up the crap we inherited before we could get into the OVAL office to even get started.

Republicans have DONE EVERYTHING THEY COULD TO TIE THIS ADMINISTRATIONS' HANDS SO we could NOT succeed immediately in getting AMERICANS gainful employment and THEN ACCUSE US OF MAKING THINGS WORSE by spending too much money and LOSING MORE JOBS. If REPUBLICAN LEADERS were honest they would admit to the people that the stimulus plan DID WORK. The auto dealers are hiring and have plans to hire more. That will lead to more jobs. They would explain how important a stimulus plan is to the recovery of this country. The stimulus would have done more IF more money was in the stimulus for people to spend and IF the people had spent the money in lieu of saving it because that would have stimulated the economy. The purpose of the stimulus is to get people to spend...to stimulate. THE MORE WE SPEND, THE MORE MONEY IS MADE, THE MORE MONEY MADE, THE MORE JOBS BECOME AVAILABLE. It is 101 economics. IF the baker sells 5 loaves of bread today and 10 loaves tommorow and 20 loaves the next day, he can see that each day he is selling more and more bread than the day before, that great for you, me and the country 'cos he's gotta hire people quickly to help him keep up and that helps us buy more bread and on and on and on until our economy is bustling.

My professor, explained that people should not dislike welfare recipients because without them the country would go kaplunk. I thought he was kidding and said nooo, the less of my taxes welfare people get, the more of my tax money I can keep in my pocket....he said, "noooo, the less money you will have because you will be laid off and your unemployment check will not be as much as your salary." He said that welfare people spend their checks right away, unlike the rich and the middle class, who bank or invest their money, while people on welfare put their money back in circulation right away, which in turn generates jobs. INSTEAD, you Republicans and teapartiers choose to listen to RICH PEOPLE, who couldn't care less about your welfare. 40 million a year is what RUSH LIMBAUGH makes and pays less taxes then us........ 40MILLION!!!?

HAVE you notice the REPUBLICANS haven't said how they are going get this country going when they couldn't do it in the last 8 years and MOST of all they refuse to say what government spending they will cut in order to cut the deficit. They DO say they are in favor of privatizing SOCIAL SECURITY, which will be a disaster...not just for the senor citizens but for AMERICANS. Social Security played a major part in getting our country out of a gigantic hole during the great depression... back in the thirties.

What will you do without GOVERNMENT HELP AND NO JOB?
Guess we'll see if the REPUBLICANS get back in to finish the destruction they started.
Do you really think this belongs in this thread about the video?

Wanna talk about the actual video
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections