Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 06:55 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is a difference between someone who changes their registration to "win", and someone who belongs to a political party but doesnt share 100% of the ideas all of the time..

I wouldnt support a candidate that switched to become a Republican weeks before an election because the polls said thats how to win, but clearly Democrats have no problem with it. Hillary being yet another example..

Actually it was months, May to be exact. As far as Crist leanings, from everything I've read about the man, he has Governed straight down the middle. Maybe those Republicans that supported Lieberman after he switched from "D" to "I", literally weeks before the election should have heeded your wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
If I could I'ld vote for Meek just to set off Bill.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
The end game is Clinton's intent to win support of Crist for Hillary's next run. It would be good to have him as the Independent Senator from Florida with its electoral vote count. And shows us that the black wing of the Democrat party is actually the Dhimmicrats. Always has been, always will be.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Bush = Liberal wearing Republican mask
Bloomberg = Liberal wearing Republican mask
Liberman = Sometime Liberal, sometime Republican depends on the denture cream
McCain = Sometimes Republican when he could remember.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Besides, the more "I" in Congress, the better! Less beholden to shameful party politics.
You got that right. In Crist's case, just more shameless self interest.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
You got that right. In Crist's case, just more shameless self interest.

Hey, can't this be said of all of those IDIOTS in Washington that we blindly give our hard earned money too each paycheck???

Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Bill Clinton pushed Kendrick Meek to quit Florida race - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

I just don't get how the democrats can embrace a snake like Crist, against a black democrat. Why don't they instead do the right thing and pressure Crist to step aside, who just 3 months ago was a loyal, principled, moral republican?

Shameful. Is there nothing the democrats won't do - lying, cheating, vote fraud, backing TP candidates in an attempt to split the R vote, more lying and now trying to throw a black democrat candidate under the bus...just to win this seat.
<start sarcasm> OMFG! What is the world coming to?! <end sarcasm>

Old 10-28-2010, 07:07 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I read this earlier and just shook my head. This is such typical demoRAT behavior. If this was on the republican side, racial discrimination would be cried out loud.
Well when you count the number of black Republican legislators, none, then one might have reason to looks askance at the party leadership thwarting the candidacy of an African American. But when it comes to the Democratic Party, we are long past worrying about the lose of one marginal black candidate who we can judge by the character of their poll numbers not the color of their skin.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,846,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Race has nothing to do with it and Crist is a small snake compared to Rubio.
Not even close. With Rubio at least you know where he stands. With Crist you dont have a clue. That man will say whatever he thinks you want to hear for him to get elected

Crist once campaigned for Palin. Now he is running ads calling her an extremist and saying we must stop her and Rubio. I didnt know Palin was running in Fla? But he is trying to use the dislike for Palin

Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Not even close. With Rubio at least you know where he stands. With Crist you dont have a clue. That man will say whatever he thinks you want to hear for him to get elected

Crist once campaigned for Palin. Now he is running ads calling her an extremist and saying we must stop her and Rubio. I didnt know Palin was running in Fla? But he is trying to use the dislike for Palin

and this is news. Lieberman also campaigned for Palin and what party does he caucus with the most?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections