Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 02:43 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,238,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Godwin's Law actually only technically takes effect when Hit**r is mentioned, not Nazis. But in this case, the comparison is actually very accurate. GOProud (a misnomer if there ever was one) has virtually no common views with the vast majority of gay people, just as a Jewish Nazi group would have no views in common with most Jews.

Actually Godwin's Law is when another poster is compared to Hitler or Nazis, not when they are brought up in a political sense as this was.
Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's Law of Nazi Analogies)

Wiki is your friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM

25,024 posts, read 27,845,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Big deal. GOProud is equivalent to a Jewish Nazi group.
Haven't you learned that Democrats DO NOT OWN the LGBT community, or ethnic minorities? What is with this Democratic obsession of owning minorities?

Old 11-02-2010, 03:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,703,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't find it surprising that gay people want to keep more of their own money, hold onto their jobs and keep big goverment out of their personal business.
Me either.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:29 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,821,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't find it surprising that gay people want to keep more of their own money, hold onto their jobs and keep big goverment out of their personal business.
Thank you Laura C.

As a gay man myself, my partner and I have been together 22 years, we are both white collar, believe that hard work gets you ahead and believe that peoples lives are best lived when government keeps its hands out.

Why so many gay men buy into the victim mentality that the Obamacrats spew, is beyond me.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:11 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,697,673 times
What has Obama done for gays?
he's not for gay marriage, and he is hesitant to repeal DADT.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM

362 posts, read 773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyBY...layer_embedded

Barney Frank (http://barneyfrank.net/about - broken link) is "an absolute embarrassment to the gay community," according to the leader of GOProud, a pro-gay conservative organization that today announced plans to expand an advertising campaign against the 15-term incumbent and first openly-gay member of Congress.

Gay Conservative Group Launches Ad Ripping Boxer, Pelosi, and...Barney Frank

Well who woulda thunk it
that Ad is about as f***ed up as the one asking Latinos not to vote today

Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
Gay consevatives? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM

362 posts, read 773,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Haven't you learned that Democrats DO NOT OWN the LGBT community, or ethnic minorities? What is with this Democratic obsession of owning minorities?
you mean owing, right? they keep making it look like they owe them something,

Look it was fine to give them something after coming from another country(as the U.S. did when the first Savages AKA, immigrants came through with their shinanigans and their hooligans...we've all heard about the jewish and Italian, and Irish gangs, aren't they portrayed in "Gangs Of New York"?) and let them start fresh with their own stuff, but damn, to keep trying to keep them down, WTF is up with that?

Old 11-02-2010, 04:59 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,821,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Gay consevatives? Isn't that an oxymoron?
Please explain how you think being gay and conservative are mutually exclusive? I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:18 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,718,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzyBY...layer_embedded

Barney Frank (http://barneyfrank.net/about - broken link) is "an absolute embarrassment to the gay community," according to the leader of GOProud, a pro-gay conservative organization that today announced plans to expand an advertising campaign against the 15-term incumbent and first openly-gay member of Congress.

Gay Conservative Group Launches Ad Ripping Boxer, Pelosi, and...Barney Frank

Well who woulda thunk it

Gay conservative group. That puts the M into the S&M, if ever, and I don't mean mascara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections