Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 11:59 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,285,866 times

Advertisements

Republicans didn't win these elections. Dems just didn't show up. This especially true in blue states. Red states surprise nobody by supporting Republican candidates. Remember this Pubs in 2012, and get used to Obama being a 2-term president.

This nation has long been plagued by the Republican ideology. Now they're ranting about spending when they were silent while Bush as doing it for the military. They complain about health care reform because Obama addressed the problem and did something about it. Pubs threatened by progress. The problem was staring at the Pubs for 8 years and they ignored it. Their focus is admittedly on making Obama a one-term president, not to contribute any ideas to help solve the problems that existed when Pubs were in office, problems president Obama has been addressing. Republicans are part of the PROBLEM, not part of the solution.

This is a very versatile president. He embraces opposing points of view. All the decisions he has made over the past two years have included input from Republicans. Were we to continue on the same republican path after 2008, the deficit would likely be double what it is now. Spending would be far worse. The mortgage crisis would've gotten worse. Unemployment would be double than what it is now. The rich would be richer than they are now. The divisions that separate the haves from the have-nots would be wider. Illegal immigration would continue to be out-of-control. H-1B visas would be displacing millions of qualified Americans, not just hundreds of thousands. I expect this president to emphasize these facts over the next two years as he promotes HIS agenda while uncovering the tragedy that is the Republican "strategy." Pubs, continue to embellish the relevance of your hollow midterm election victories. The next two years will be difficult for you as this president not only exposes your incompetence, but continues the progress he started in '08.

Obama here still 2016 folks...and don't you forget it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 12:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,768,603 times
Quote:
Republicans didn't win these elections. Dems just didn't show up.
Complete hogwash. Who do you think saved Reid, Murray, Boxer, Coons and Bennet?

The dems did indeed show up to vote and keep the beautiful red wave that engulfed the rest of the country from a deluge in CA, WA, CO.

A truly HISTORIC election, reinstating conservatism across the country, breaking records in dozens of legislatures as the wave engulfed the country.

The House will remain Red, the Senate is up in 2012...and don't you forget it.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:46 PM

4,009 posts, read 5,709,362 times
Default ~~~*~~~

You speak of conservatism like it's a good thing. Our country was founded by liberals. Conservatives don't want progress. Fortunately for the rest of us time is on our side, as everything changes. As much as the conservatives would like to take us back to the mid-20th century, it won't be happening. Conservatives can't stay out of our bedrooms either. What's up with that ?!? Thank goodness for liberals !

Old 11-08-2010, 01:54 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
You speak of conservatism like it's a good thing. Our country was founded by liberals. Conservatives don't want progress. Fortunately for the rest of us time is on our side, as everything changes. As much as the conservatives would like to take us back to the mid-20th century, it won't be happening. Conservatives can't stay out of our bedrooms either. What's up with that ?!? Thank goodness for liberals !
I love your generalizing which is 100% wrong. Not all conservatives want to return to the middle of last century, nor do we give a damn what happens in ones bedroom. What about the conservative groups that are gay and lesbians?

if anyone is intolerant it is liberals. They see one side of the coin, their side. Most conservatives can see all sides.

Nita

Old 11-08-2010, 05:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,102,321 times
What's really making me sick is watching all these politicians on TV who apparently think it's time to start campaigning for 2012. When do they plan to do the work they are supposed to do? Why can't they all work together and get something done?

This deal with the Bush tax cuts is insane. Any attempt to extend the Bush tax cuts to the top 2% is totally irresponsible. How do they plan to pay for the $700 billion that is going to cost? I don't hear them talking about that. I'd rather see all the tax cuts expire than grant them to everyone, especially people who don't need the money.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 PM

903 posts, read 3,564,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
9/11 happened on his watch

Wow. Still pulling that one out?

9/11 occurred less than 8 months into his administration. Obama and his administration have had more TWICE that time, plus a democrat majority in the House AND Senate and things are getting WORSE, not better. Their supporters claim he hasn't had "enough time" and that he "inherited the deficit"... spin. All the 9/11 attackers entered this country under Clinton's watch. ALL of them. Bush "inherited" them and he "didn't have enough time". For those of you too young to remember, the country was also headed into a recession in 1999. Clinton pretended to balance the budget, but left spending measures sitting on the desk for Bush to sign. Bush did a lot of good for this country. He wasn't perfect and spent too much time compromising with Dems, imo. He got the blame for everything that didn't go 100% right (think Kennedy's NCLB) but always stood tall and presidential.

It was nice to have an adult in the White House for 8 years. I look forward to the promise of getting another one in 2012.

it always amazes me how people still try to blame bush for that-if clinton wasnt so busy getting busy perhaps things could have been different-

Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
What's really making me sick is watching all these politicians on TV who apparently think it's time to start campaigning for 2012. When do they plan to do the work they are supposed to do? Why can't they all work together and get something done?

This deal with the Bush tax cuts is insane. Any attempt to extend the Bush tax cuts to the top 2% is totally irresponsible. How do they plan to pay for the $700 billion that is going to cost? I don't hear them talking about that. I'd rather see all the tax cuts expire than grant them to everyone, especially people who don't need the money.
this might make you sick and many of us, but it is no different than any other mid term election. Normally the serious candidates will announce by Feb or March so of course you will start hearing the rattling now. We will probably see 10 to 15 coming out of the walls for Pres and by the end of next year 1/2 will be gone. As soon as the Iowa caucas is held there will be 3 to 5 left. This is just like any other year.

Nita

Old 11-09-2010, 03:31 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,329,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
You're kidding , right ?!?
I wish I was kidding. The "name calling", although present on both sides of these issues, seems to be much more prevalent in the conservative side. . . .you are NOT the exception!

Old 11-09-2010, 03:38 PM

65 posts, read 66,092 times
Lot of you need to stop drinking the Texan Koolaid.

Bunch of tools you are.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:06 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,617,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
i agree that starting the presidential campaign now is ridiculous. starting in late 2011 is soon enough.

Quote:
drinking the liberal kool-aid again are we? the bush era tax cuts are not costing anything except in the minds of liberals. it is a bad idea to raise taxes on the very people that create the jobs in a bad economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections