Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,344,466 times

Advertisements

Of course she could probably beat Obama and I have no doubt that she could turn our economy around and have us back to full employment in a year or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 12:02 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,315,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
The way people feel about Obama right now - she probably could. The only hope for the Democratic party is if they get Obobo the Clown out of the center ring - Hillary would be a definite improvement. Seriously, though, I do not want to see Sarah run. We need Romney's financial expertise to get us out of this country's financial mess (his Mass. health care fiasco aside). Marco Rubio as V.P. - most definitely.
If you only listen to Rush and Sean and Fox and Mark Levin and Michael Savage and Neil Borks and Laura ingrim ect...than you might get that impression...

But that's still a very small percentage of Americans and or people....(the same % of people follow all these shows around, cause they all pretty much echo each other...and that is 'Obama baaaad....Liberals baaaad...Republicans goooood....Conservitism goooood.....baaaaah....baaaah......(And believe it or not...I actually got that from Michael Savage...refering to people who allow themselves to be brainwashed by either political party as being 'Sheeple'...baaaah....

You may find this hard to believe...but on many shows I listen too, and people I encounter...seem perfectly content witht the Pres...or don't have feelings either way...most are not obscessed with this stuff...

As far as Sara Palin...when she first came out...she would of definatly had my vote...but now that she's just become another political machine...nah...

Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,642,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I see the loony lefties are out on recess. Such intelligent responses. Schoolyard name calling at it's finest.
Yep. Were going to keep hammering on Sarah Palin until she develops a serious eating disorder and blows up bigger than Kirstie Alley.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:15 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,832,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
If the 2008 election showed us that Americans would vote for a president without discrimination on the basis of race, perhaps a Palin presidency would show that Americans would vote for someone without discrimination on the basis of intelligence and class either.
The election of Obama already showed all those things. By electing Obama, Americans showed they do not care about race, intelligence or class.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:16 PM

537 posts, read 1,032,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
If you only listen to Rush and Sean and Fox and Mark Levin and Michael Savage and Neil Borks and Laura ingrim ect...than you might get that impression...

But that's still a very small percentage of Americans and or people....(the same % of people follow all these shows around, cause they all pretty much echo each other...and that is 'Obama baaaad....Liberals baaaad...Republicans goooood....Conservitism goooood.....baaaaah....baaaah......(And believe it or not...I actually got that from Michael Savage...refering to people who allow themselves to be brainwashed by either political party as being 'Sheeple'...baaaah....

You may find this hard to believe...but on many shows I listen too, and people I encounter...seem perfectly content witht the Pres...or don't have feelings either way...most are not obscessed with this stuff...

As far as Sara Palin...when she first came out...she would of definatly had my vote...but now that she's just become another political machine...nah...
Really how does that explain his current total approval rating dropping 20pts in the past 2 yrs? Currently 25% of the people strongly approve and 42% strongly disapprove, those numbers are nearly completely flipped what they were 2 yrs ago.

I'm not a Palin fan but all the poll numbers surely indicate if the elections were held tomorrow a goat could beat Obama.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:17 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said she could defeat President Barack Obama in the 2012 election.

Mrs Palin made the declaration in an interview with ABC, one of several recently in which she has said she was weighing a presidential bid.

She told ABC she was "looking at the lay of the land".

BBC News - Sarah Palin says she could beat President Obama in 2012

No she couldn't, nominating her would be snatching defeat form the jaws of victory. Look for the Obama camp to try to boost her credibility.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballfreak View Post
Common sense is a very valuable attribute to help with coping with every day life. However anyone that believes that common sense without intellectual curiosity, a solid well-rounded education with knowledge of geopolitics, history, economics etc is sufficient to be a competent and effective president shows tremendous naivete. A person that cannot even finish serving one full term as governor of a state with a population smaller than metro Omaha, NE shows she is thin-skinned. You need structure and commitment and forebearance to be president- a Quitter doesn't make it. Nor does a woman who backed a man in her home state that could not even prevail over a write-in candidate.
Palin has demonstrated the attention span of a fruit fly. Reality show today, maybe president tomorrow and a new brand of handbags and perfumes on QVC.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:25 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,724,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Palin has demonstrated the attention span of a fruit fly. Reality show today, maybe president tomorrow and a new brand of handbags and perfumes on QVC.

Wow you got that way wrong. She has single minded determination. Everything is calculated with an eye on a WH run.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:30 PM

63 posts, read 37,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has said she could defeat President Barack Obama in the 2012 election.

Mrs Palin made the declaration in an interview with ABC, one of several recently in which she has said she was weighing a presidential bid.

She told ABC she was "looking at the lay of the land".

BBC News - Sarah Palin says she could beat President Obama in 2012
While I wholeheardedly agree with her and wish her the best, I must also say, the just about anyone could mop the floor with our national embarrasement of a POTUS.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wow you got that way wrong. She has single minded determination. Everything is calculated with an eye on a WH run.
Yeah, you're probably right about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections