Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 12:48 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,388,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
.anyone who can freeze wages of federal employees, who don't make that much anyway...forget it.
You do realise that even if a repub had been in office, this would have happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 02:55 PM

37,728 posts, read 40,764,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Isn't that the truth: he changes the NYC law so he can run for a third term and now is going to reverse it cause he has his 3rd term..What a idiot!!
I didn't know he was trying to reverse it. Aren't the people of NYC put off about it? He's been a Democrat, a Republican and an Independent. In my opinion he should run on the Opportunist ticket.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,081,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I didn't know he was trying to reverse it. Aren't the people of NYC put off about it? He's been a Democrat, a Republican and an Independent. In my opinion he should run on the Opportunist ticket.
It was in our paper about a week or two ago under the News briefs that are listed daily. I thought it was pretty funny truthfully!!!

Nita

Old 12-01-2010, 09:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,459,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Ivanka would have to be the First Lady. She's the only woman in his life with a brain, and she's very smart and savvy. Having said that, I do like The Donald and he probably could do some good things for our country.
When Trump was considering running in 2000 he promised a constant rotation of First Ladies.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:27 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,459,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
It was in our paper about a week or two ago under the News briefs that are listed daily. I thought it was pretty funny truthfully!!!

Nita
Add the Greens to the parties that Bloomberg has been associated with at one time or another.

In 2008 the Virginia Greens instead of listing Cynthia McKinney as their candidate as the Green Party elsewhere did listed a ticket of Ron Paul and Michael Bloomberg as their presidential and VP candidates, without the consent of either.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:42 AM

3,876 posts, read 3,853,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I like "The Donald" but don't think he's "presidential"

Plus, I would love to hear what the xenophobs will say about his (2 outta 3) non-American wives. And I would love to hear what the "fiscal responsibility" TPers would have to say about "The Donald"s multiple bankruptcies and shady business deals in Mexico, etc, etc.

(LOL....2012 is gonna be BIG FUN)
There wouldn't be any issues with his wives,most people realize they're typical trophy wives of the mega rich. Like Trump and Hefner would have women like this at that age if they were the average working stiff. In Hefner's case they should probably be considered nurses.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:02 AM

16,814 posts, read 14,206,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Trump says he wants to tax the hell out of Chinese goods coming here. That alone would get my vote.

All I hear on the news is how great the economy in China is doing and how bad the unemployment is in the US.

Finally somebody is paying attention.
I couldn't agree with you more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Isn't Trump a Democrat?
No ... he's a Republican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Actually, he wouldn't be acceptable to the base of the Republican Party: He's pro-choice and he's not anti-gay.
Oh, I dunno ... I think you'll find a large chunk of conservatives who are socially liberal but fiscally conservative who identify most with the Republican ticket because the left is off their rocker half the time.

I've said for years that we need a real business person who's not a career politician to run this country. And I'm glad The Donald finally began to take my phone calls.

I like what he has to say about China ... and N/S Korea.

But most of all, I like what he has to say about the political process - he doesn't mince words, because he doesn't have to. He worries about offending no one - and I like that.

Even though he identifies himself as a Republican, I think he's one of the few potential candidates that can transcend political parties. And while he could be the first Independent to win, in my heart I hope IF he runs, he runs as a R so not to split the votes, ala Perot.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,866,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
In Hefner's case they should probably be considered nurses.
This was actually, very funny!! I like Trump's economic knowledge. He knows how the people of China work, he understands we need to start creating products in America.

Most of all he thinks, this administration is not very bright, and knows this is how China. Hes ready to put China back in there place!!

I would vote for him, I have listened to him enough, he at least is concerned about America, more than President Obama.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:30 PM

1,650 posts, read 3,852,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
He's smart and he's tough, understands the economy and actually knows how to create jobs. Add to that the fact that he wouldn't be intimidated by other smart and talented people - he's known for surrounding himself with the best and brightest.

All of the above make him exactly the opposite of the weak, incompetent,inexperienced egomaniac Obama and his legion of equally unqualified stooges.

I'd vote for him over Palin or Romney anyday. Just the fact that he's never been a politician (or lawyer) would be a breath of fresh air.
He may be just what this economy needs. He seems to understand the economy really well. I would vote for him over Palin or Romney anyday.

We need to elect someone who will do something about the bleeding of American jobs overseas. I am a little sick of hearing about how good the economy is in China and how hard working Americans can't find jobs. Well, China has a good number of our jobs. China needs to create its own jobs and stop taking ours.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:53 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,860,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Add the Greens to the parties that Bloomberg has been associated with at one time or another.

In 2008 the Virginia Greens instead of listing Cynthia McKinney as their candidate as the Green Party elsewhere did listed a ticket of Ron Paul and Michael Bloomberg as their presidential and VP candidates, without the consent of either.
Funny.. both these guys are about as far from Green Party material as one can get. Ron Paul..the Libertarian and Bloomberg..the uber-Capitalist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections