Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
You thought his abdication of office to Bill Clinton today was Presidential? The man showed historical weakness as a POTUS today. Nothing like it has ever been seen.
I guarantee that you wouldn't be singing the same tune had a Republican done this. You'd be touting how the Republican was so wise to get help and advice from a former president who had been through such a situation. Sanrene would start the post and you'd be one of the cheerleaders.

But we already know your MO, MO. No matter what Obama does, it's wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 03:10 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
If we were going purely by the usual suspects in the 2010 race, Mitt Romney stands the best chance of winning the presidency. I see him winning MA, PA, the Midwest (except Michigan and possibly Minnesota as well), all of the South, the Central Plains, AZ, UT, ID, and maybe Montana.

Don't be so sure about Michigan. His father was a very popular governor there. And it was one of the only primary states he won. He is probably the only Republican that could carry Michigan.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:28 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Don't be so sure about Michigan. His father was a very popular governor there. And it was one of the only primary states he won. He is probably the only Republican that could carry Michigan.
Romney trails Obama in Michigan right now, but is the most competitive Republican against Obama in Michigan.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:39 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Not so.

Many young smart GOP talent coming through the ranks right now.

You keep saying "rising stars", "young smart" but you have yet to name one person who actually could be a Presidental Candidate.

Old 12-12-2010, 01:00 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Don't be so sure that Palin could win Alaska.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,748,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Don't be so sure that Palin could win Alaska.
I agree, Met. Her popularity is way down way up here in Alaska! This fiasco that ol' Joe Miller is dragging on & on hasn't helped either.

Old 12-12-2010, 03:53 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,993,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
no, he would not beat Obama. He doesn't have that spark, his religion will hurt him (I don't like it, but facts are facts) and the mess with the Mass health care bill will haunt him for the rest of his life. As for weak candidates, being no one has even delclared they are running how can you say the selection is weak? A year or so from now we will have a better idea. Right now there are several fresh new faces emerging. The libs are just kidding themselves if they think there are no strong Republicans. Will any of them run? Heck I don't know, but they are there.

Nita
Thanks for saying that about romney. I can't stand him cause he's just too damned mean spirited. who are the right wing stars that you're referring to that would give a good run for the money, in your opinion?

Old 12-12-2010, 04:29 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
sunny days, you've made your bed on the republican side so you will sleep it and never abandon it. its pointless to even read your perspective since it's always biased to one side, regardless of the issue. i also think you marginalize yourself when you just give your vote away without a fight for it, since you always only vote republican. i, on the other hand, am willing to cross parties. for example in this years election, i voted for republican kline in the district i reside, and an independent for governor. by just going with republicans (like you have stated that's all you do), you just marginalize yourself in the end.

ill say this though about 2012. these retreads like romney, huckabee, gingrich wont cut it. it will have to be a fresh face. christie i think has no chance as well.

someone who interests me is thune out of south dakota. he is quiet, he isn't a sound bite guy like palin who you see all the time in the media and is just annoying at this point. he is a small town midwestern guy who definently intrigues me.
Funny that you know who I vote for.

And no, I have not always voted for republicans only.

Why would Christie have no chance? I did not see anyone here even mention his name for President.

Did you see the latest poll, Romney would beat Obama by a large number if the election were held today.

How can they be retreads when Gingrich has never ran for President and the other two only were nominees once?

Thune is just another rep up and coming star. The party is full of them.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
As presidential as Obama has acted the last few days, I believe the nightmare for your side has just begun.

What has the moron done to act Presidential? Call in Slick Willie?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:24 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Thanks for saying that about romney. I can't stand him cause he's just too damned mean spirited. who are the right wing stars that you're referring to that would give a good run for the money, in your opinion?
well of course number one, but he won't run: Crist Christie. Look at Paul Ryan and Mitch Daniels for starters. at one time I thought maybe JIndel, but I think he has a long way to come before he will be ready. He is very young. I am not counting on Romney, Palin or Newt to get the nod..Sunny mentioned Thune, he too is making a move.
Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections