Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 07:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Many will disagree with me, however, I would like to see Rudy Guiliani run for POTUS. I never understood why he dropped out, although the thought crossed my mind that there was major dirt floating beneath the surface. Don't know if that's true, just my hunch. If any of you know why he dropped out, please let me know....just out of curiosity.
We too like him even though he isn't quite conservative enough for us. I think he dropped out, for the same reason Thompson did, his heart just wasn't quite in it. He expected to do well in Fl but did not and yes, his personal life hurt him and would again.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 12:04 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We too like him even though he isn't quite conservative enough for us. I think he dropped out, for the same reason Thompson did, his heart just wasn't quite in it. He expected to do well in Fl but did not and yes, his personal life hurt him and would again.

Nita
I think he tended to be a little more liberal simply because he was mayor of NYC. You can't possibly effectively mayor that city if you are too conservative. I never really heard a bad word about him - well, let me rephrase, I never heard anything bad enough to waiver my support of him. I witnessed firsthand all of the good he did and that more than outweighed anything else.

Maybe you're right, his heart wasn't in it. And if that's the case then he was smart to drop out of the race.

Merry Christmas (if you celebrate). If not, then Happy New Year to you.

Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
I think he tended to be a little more liberal simply because he was mayor of NYC. You can't possibly effectively mayor that city if you are too conservative. I never really heard a bad word about him - well, let me rephrase, I never heard anything bad enough to waiver my support of him. I witnessed firsthand all of the good he did and that more than outweighed anything else.

Maybe you're right, his heart wasn't in it. And if that's the case then he was smart to drop out of the race.

Merry Christmas (if you celebrate). If not, then Happy New Year to you.
I certainly do celebrate it as well as everyone in our family including my Jewish son in law. He loves Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and have a happy and safe New Years.

Nita

Old 12-23-2010, 01:10 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
Many will disagree with me, however, I would like to see Rudy Guiliani run for POTUS. I never understood why he dropped out, although the thought crossed my mind that there was major dirt floating beneath the surface. Don't know if that's true, just my hunch. If any of you know why he dropped out, please let me know....just out of curiosity.
Living with a gay couple while you are mayor wasn't going to sit well with GOP Primary voters.

You also had the issue with all the 9/11 responders who were getting sick and told at the time by Giuliani that the air was safe. That was below the radar at the time, but could have came to the surface if his nomination got off the ground.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:16 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I don't know about the Dakotas. My impression of those states is that they are conservative, not stupid.
Yeah, ND is conservative but we don't have the social right slant that you see in other plains states. Palin's BS wouldn't fly here.

That said Obama's BS isn't going to fly either, people here are really angry with DC and Obama's policies are really hated(especially when it comes to energy, ND like WV is a big coal state). It would probably be a dead heat which is saying something since even a retread like Romney would win the state by 25 points.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:23 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
The Republican candidate is going to be a sitting Governor, mark it down.

Old 12-24-2010, 10:27 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,252,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
With the right Republican candidate, 2012 could be a landslide year for the Republicans. Obama was very beatable in 2008 and he will remain that way in 2012. If McCain would have #1 chose a more qualified running mate and #2 handled the economic crisis differently, he could have been much more competitive and maybe could have won. Remember that McCain and Obama were neck and neck until the economic crash in September of 2008, and that was even with all the negative Bush baggage that McCain had to carry.

Old 12-25-2010, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
I agree with you. I also happen to think governors make the best Presidents overall.

Old 12-28-2010, 04:51 AM

764 posts, read 597,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post

Would most people agree with this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5T96LHnEWw

Old 12-28-2010, 11:40 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,974,838 times
If its a sitting Governor, please don't choose Rick Perry. We have a $16 billion defecit but he thinks it can be solved without raising taxes and Texas will be okie dokie. He's also out peddling a book and pandering his Nice-and-Easy hair spray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections