Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 10:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by M66 View Post
I certainly HOPE she runs for president. The entire campaign would be comedic gold.

Oh sarah..
don't even think about it, probably will not happen. Why would anyone want to see something as serious as the election of the person who will be the head of our country a comedy show?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Agreed; it would be a farce for the GOP to even think about nominating her.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
As the month pass, and the economy still in the tank, which i believe we are no where getting this economy rolling, i don't believe for a second that obama's numbers will continue to rise, have a hard time believeing this as we speak, with where we are headed! I have family who live all over this Country, they each are complaining about their State, and how bad they are doing, East Coast is not doing that well, most of my family come from the E.C. Housing criris is still going down the tubes, without a good real estate market, things are not looking up. Too many foreclosures still on the market.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:12 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
As the month pass, and the economy still in the tank, which i believe we are no where getting this economy rolling, i don't believe for a second that obama's numbers will continue to rise, have a hard time believeing this as we speak, with where we are headed! I have family who live all over this Country, they each are complaining about their State, and how bad they are doing, East Coast is not doing that well, most of my family come from the E.C. Housing criris is still going down the tubes, without a good real estate market, things are not looking up. Too many foreclosures still on the market.
Hope and Change BS doesn't work when it hasn't happened!!!

Many Americans vote by what's in their wallet,not by political party and if the economy hasn't vastly improved Obama is gone in 2012.

What alot of people don't consider is the unpredictable like Bush / Katrina,BP Oil Spill,Natural Disasters,Political upheavals, Domestic terrorist attacks and /or domestic and foreign monetary crisis things like these and the public's reaction to them can influence the 2012 election also.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:08 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Agreed; it would be a farce for the GOP to even think about nominating her.
Don't think so. Didn't they put up John McCain last time.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
It didn't make a difference who the Republicans put up in 2008, It would have taken a miracle for them to have won.

Nita

Old 01-09-2011, 02:01 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post

The lesson learned should be for Reps not to nominate the candidate the media most approves of, they will turn against you in the general.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
The lesson learned should be for Reps not to nominate the candidate the media most approves of, they will turn against you in the general.
I do not know this as fact, but it does seem to me, the Republicans in a year they do not think they can pull off a victory will put up a nothing candidate (I don't mean this in a mean way) and save the better choices for times when they have a chance to pull it off. Look at 1996 when Dole won the nomination and then again in 2008.

Nita

Old 01-10-2011, 10:19 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
Obama's constant meddling in the economy is not going to cause it to roar to life as it did under JFK or Reagan, and he doesn't have the guts to really slash rates, given his well-documented ignorance regarding the correlation between tax rates and a healthy & robust economy, which he and his equally clueless Democratic cohorts have never acknowledged.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:52 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Obama is once again on the rise ....

While Palin is sinking faster than a led balloon!

New 2012 Presidential Campaign Poll: Obama Rising, Palin Falling - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
Palin is losing major support with the republican base, and independents (she was already weak there to begin with.) Today's speech was the nail in the coffin. I don't think she can come back from this disaster, and the republicans are circling for the kill. Obama's ratings are higher than Bush's, Clinton's, Reagan's at the same point during their presidencies. Also keeping in mind his amazing talent in regards to public speaking...he should be our president in 2012 as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections