Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 10:00 AM

2,539 posts, read 4,085,214 times

Advertisements

I can't wait for these "idiotic" democrat congressmen making all these defamatory statements about the killing in Arizona. They'll deny that they even made them!!

Last edited by bnepler; 01-12-2011 at 10:26 AM..

Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
Huh?

Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,007 times

Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,517,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnepler View Post
I can't wait for these "idiotic" democrat congressmen making all these defamatory statements about the killing in Arizona. They'll deny that they even made them!!
More likely they will say it was once again "Taken out of Context" but sadly the damage is already done

But that will be the price they'll pay for not missing a
opportunity of a crisis regardless if the information was true
or not...typical left wing mentality

[Violent rhetoric removed to ensure reader safety]

Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Damage has already bee done yes. But what was the point, how many times have these idiots put their foots in their mouth at the wrong time. They really try not to miss a beat now. Too bad they can't beat a tune too a new economy thriving.

I am more then sure these demtwits, will say we took their message out of context, heard that before, have we not. They are just as bad, as what they are trying to imply.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
anyone who blames either side (but we know mostly slight remarks are being made by the Democrats) should hang their head in shame. It is deplorable for anyone to blame a political party of any one person, other than the killer for this horrible occurance.

Nita

Old 01-14-2011, 11:16 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
anyone who blames either side (but we know mostly slight remarks are being made by the Democrats) should hang their head in shame. It is deplorable for anyone to blame a political party of any one person, other than the killer for this horrible occurance.

Nita
Wholeheartedly agree....

You didn't hear this when Timothy McVeigh went on his rampage, nor the Unabomber. Nor when planes flew into buildings in this country.

This is a madman and his own actions. To blame his actions on politics is completely irresponsible. The blame belongs to the nutjob holding the gun, not even the gun itself, but the operator.

I've been listening to story after story and each one of them has a political twist. Now the media is saying we should dial down our emotions regarding our political ideologies????? Because of the actions of a loon???? Give me a break.... Can anyone say "freedom of expression", or are we going to toss that out the window too?

Old 01-14-2011, 12:57 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Wholeheartedly agree....

You didn't hear this when Timothy McVeigh went on his rampage, nor the Unabomber. Nor when planes flew into buildings in this country.

This is a madman and his own actions. To blame his actions on politics is completely irresponsible. The blame belongs to the nutjob holding the gun, not even the gun itself, but the operator.

I've been listening to story after story and each one of them has a political twist. Now the media is saying we should dial down our emotions regarding our political ideologies????? Because of the actions of a loon???? Give me a break.... Can anyone say "freedom of expression", or are we going to toss that out the window too?
I think this is the job of one loon. There doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that the rhetoric from either side played a role in this.

With that being said, I do think it gives us some pause to examine some of the stuff that has been said. We can and should still debate, argue and even have heated arguments. However, some of the stuff is just completely bombastic, over the top and really has no place in politics. This isn't about limiting freedom of expression, no one is trying to legally stop someone from saying something.

However, we should try and work to change the tone. Saying things like 2nd Amendment remedies, use bullets if ballots don't work, reload, and things of that nature simply serve no purpose.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,758,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I think this is the job of one loon. There doesn't seem to be any evidence to suggest that the rhetoric from either side played a role in this.

With that being said, I do think it gives us some pause to examine some of the stuff that has been said. We can and should still debate, argue and even have heated arguments. However, some of the stuff is just completely bombastic, over the top and really has no place in politics. This isn't about limiting freedom of expression, no one is trying to legally stop someone from saying something.

However, we should try and work to change the tone. Saying things like 2nd Amendment remedies, use bullets if ballots don't work, reload, and things of that nature simply serve no purpose.
No one should be saying these things, on this I agree.

I just don't think we should check ourselves in political discussions for the sake of being politically correct or to watch peoples' feelings. We don't know how anyone will take things that we say. It can be completely innocent, but that one loon can find a harmful meaning in it.

You're right, some of those things have no place in politics, but that's how it's been for quite some time. No one, in their right minds, takes these things seriously.

Just my opinion....

Old 01-14-2011, 01:43 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,446,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
No one should be saying these things, on this I agree.

I just don't think we should check ourselves in political discussions for the sake of being politically correct or to watch peoples' feelings. We don't know how anyone will take things that we say. It can be completely innocent, but that one loon can find a harmful meaning in it.

You're right, some of those things have no place in politics, but that's how it's been for quite some time. No one, in their right minds, takes these things seriously.

Just my opinion....
This type of stuff has been around for awhile, although its gotten more heated in the last couple of years.

I don't think anyone is saying we should check ourselves in political discussions. Nothing is wrong with debate, arguing and heated arguments on things we have disagreements about. That is perfectly fine, and healthy and I don't see anyone trying to take that away, but rather simply having an effort to move away from the insane "bullets if ballots don't work" rhetoric and things of that nature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.