Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2011, 08:41 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Ron Paul on Obama's FDA with expanded powers reaction to their shutting down a poor Amish Dairy Farmer and ruining his livelihood... He says they spent a year trying to frame this guy at a cost of who knows how many taxpayer dollars. His reaction is how free can we be if we can't even choose whether or not we want to drink raw milk or not?

YouTube - How Much Freedom Do We Have If We Can't Even Drink Unpasteurized Milk?
Bless RP for bringing awareness of this to the public. The food police are out of control!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Of who I would consider the major Republican Candidates to be Ron Paul still has consistently the highest amount of interest from the public based on searches with the exception of a recent spike for Santorum based on Google Trends Google Trends: Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Newt Gingrich, Tim Pawlenty, Rick Santorum
Hopefully that's a good sign. I found Fox depressing, they took a lot of shots at Paul tonight. The commentors all seem to like most of his ideas, but are still hoping for a Paul Ryan or Chris Christie. The grass is always greener on the other side. They aren't running!
You have to wonder if any of our founders would pass muster. I doubt it.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,448,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Hopefully that's a good sign. I found Fox depressing, they took a lot of shots at Paul tonight. The commentors all seem to like most of his ideas, but are still hoping for a Paul Ryan or Chris Christie. The grass is always greener on the other side. They aren't running!
You have to wonder if any of our founders would pass muster. I doubt it.

Oh you mean would our Founding Fathers have passed muster with Fox News pundits? What a funny idea (as if it matters what Fox News thinks or any equivalent back then if it could have existed). Back in the days of our Founding Fathers, people could think and form their own opinions. They didn't need people to program their thought processes for them.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen or heard any Ron Paul advertising? Have any of the candidates started advertising or is it too early?

Old 05-16-2011, 11:34 PM

Finally, the tables are starting to turn

YouTube - Tracy Chapman - Revolution (Live)

Old 05-16-2011, 11:37 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,738,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
you're a downer, buzz kill, glass is 1/2 empty kinda guy.
He sure as heck can't win if we don't support him - let's see how far he can get. He's got the Republicans sweating, we need to help him keep the momentum going.
I have always supported Ron Paul and still do. However, I know how shallow the majority is. Thinking positive accomplishes nothing. Finding a strategy to win does. We here know that Ron Paul is the most qualified for the job as president.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:17 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
that is because this is the first time he has been known. When he ran in 2008 the field was huge and he was lost in the shuffle. Now, we only have a couple of honest candidates. And he is interesting, if nothing else. i still say his personality and age are going to kill him.

Nita
I honestly think Ron Paul's huge following to this point is BECAUSE of his personality, or lack of a phony political one.

Americans are tired of the empty promises and the status quo. They've had a few elections now where they bought into candidates preaching "change" yet the unemployment rate is still 9% after 3 years, real estate values still crashing, and they're facing a 3rd undeclared war.

I think those that vote and take the time to look at the issues are the ones who will realize that they're willing to sacrafice personality and charisma for sound economics and strict monetary policy. Not to mention they want their rights back now that Ron Paul has opened their eyes to the freedoms that have been infringed upon.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:23 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
I will take Ron Pauls age and personality over ANY of the clownish used car salesmen we have now. Why anyone would vote for somebody purely based on age and charisma is beyond me. I want a real person not someone that one gives a crap about looking good.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 AM

958 posts, read 2,620,328 times
None, meet Slim.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:52 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,437 times
His chances are better this go around than years past. I will vote for him in the primaries and in the National elections - if he gets there. If not, I'm voting Libertarian again. Even if he is still in the Republican party (which burns my butt), his campaigns are a wonderful boost to the Libertarian cause.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,921,458 times
the reason why i say less than 5 percent is because the gop base that will vote for him hates his beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections