U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 PM
 
8,632 posts, read 9,168,477 times
Reputation: 2403

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

1. Health care - don't get sick; if you do get sick, die.
2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
3. Abortion - Men know what's best.
4. Foreign policy - If you're not with us, you're against us.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.
The reason they can win is because the majority of the people will think you and the dems are morons for talking like that.

 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:06 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,772,973 times
Reputation: 1289
Republicans won in 2010, and it isn't looking good for Obama in 2012. I don't think it will be hard for Republicans to take back the White House.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

1. Health care - don't get sick; if you do get sick, die.
2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
3. Abortion - Men know what's best.
4. Foreign policy - If you're not with us, you're against us.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:10 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,439 posts, read 33,753,226 times
Reputation: 14219
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Republicans won in 2010, and it isn't looking good for Obama in 2012. I don't think it will be hard for Republicans to take back the White House.


It will be like Bush...


Anyone but another Obama

We better pick a winner.

I say a write in for Chris Christie.
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
 
1,082 posts, read 790,552 times
Reputation: 547
All the GOP has to do to win is keep their mouths shut. The demmies will do the rest...haha
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,471,219 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Being that I have seen post after post by you righties that confirm what the OP said I would have to say you cannot refute what they posted so instead simply say it is all lies and claim some sort of victory, really
Casper
You do realize that the Congressman who came up with #1 on Alexas list.. Lost his re-election bid right?

Ooh the irony.. Lets ask how people can win on a platform, while quoting people who LOST their election bids..
 
Old 03-14-2011, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Northridge/Porter Ranch, Calif.
22,381 posts, read 27,564,862 times
Reputation: 6540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
OK, this time I'll give a more thorough response.

1. No, we don't want to force everyone else to pay for your medical care
2. Yes racism exists among some people, but how does punishing whites and Asians help?
3. Many women are also against abortion, because it is a human life that we consider important to protect.
4. Umm, yeah, if you're not with us you're against us. What's your solution, every country is equal and we love them all?
5. Not give rich everything, we say don't take excessive taxes from any American.
6. You prefer "just say yes?"
7. Conservatives are much tougher on crime then liberals. Police are more often supported by conservatives rather than liberals.
8. That has not proven to be the case with conservatives trying to reform congress right now while they lead
9. The democratic controlled congress is normally at fault for overspending. They weren't exactly lowering the budget when they had all branches of government, were they?
10. That is often true. It is very apparent that many are abusing welfare.
11. I don't understand what you're talking about. We are doing good in innovation, so why would we subsidize it?
12. Real conservatives want to keep immigrants from ruining our country by guarding the border, which liberals oppose.
13. Environazis are not easy to compromise with. They care more about the environment then anything else, often making America's problems worse.
14. Big government is much worse than a smaller government.
15. Weird, it seems that conservatives are the ones trying to let low-income children go to private schools and get an equal education opportunity.
16. OK, you don't like religion. I don't support prayer in public schools either, but you obviously go beyond that.
17. High taxes hurt everybody. Getting businesses an opportunity to grow helps the poor get employed and not need benefits.
18. Guns are going to be used by criminals no matter if there are gun control laws, so why prohibit responsible gun users from having them?
19. Which conservatives say that?
20. Campaign finance laws help the wealthy keep winning, not the other way around.

There, you can see why people vote republican rathe than democrat.
Now this is the true excellent post. Not the baloney in post #1.
+1!
 
Old 03-15-2011, 05:50 AM
 
Location: SARASOTA, FLORIDA
11,501 posts, read 13,424,135 times
Reputation: 4876
Dems are not only scared but worried sick that the complete power they had for more then 2 years was wasted away because they chose the wrong candidate.

I feel for the dems, liberalism is dead and becoming extinct in America and they know it.

They had a golden opportunity and they blew it.

We can no longer do the democratic thing and reward FAILURES and LOSERS.



A November to Remember

Do not forget the huge Defeat of the obstructionist anti American party.



The gift of Obama keeps on giving, thanks to him and his horrific failures we can finally end liberalism in America for a long, long time.

Reps - How about a clean sweep of the WH and congress in 2012.
 
Old 03-15-2011, 05:59 AM
 
10,963 posts, read 8,049,330 times
Reputation: 3119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
Actually, I've wondered how Democrats can win on their platform.
We'll see 2012 gets a little bit closer every day and I have yet hear a Republican formally announce their candidacy.
 
Old 03-15-2011, 06:07 AM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,471,219 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
We'll see 2012 gets a little bit closer every day and I have yet hear a Republican formally announce their candidacy.
has Obama even announced his candidacy yet? No.. So whats your point, you expect no one to run?
 
Old 03-15-2011, 06:53 AM
 
Location: Chicagoland
41,314 posts, read 39,580,907 times
Reputation: 7107
Quote:
Republicans, how can you win on your platform?
Haha. The platform, excluding the GOP ideas that work, will be what obama and the dems have done to this country. The failure of democrat policy, domestic and foreign will be an issue. Obamacare will be front and center, as well as the jobs lost under obama, as well as his policies that have crippled the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top