U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 06:55 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,702,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
We'll see 2012 gets a little bit closer every day and I have yet hear a Republican formally announce their candidacy.
The days of announcing 2 years before the election are over. I much prefer it that way, in fact, I would prefer at MOST a 3-6 month campaign season.

The GOP is in no hurry...why should they be? Why should they give the vicious Left so much time for their seek and destroy missions?

Old 03-15-2011, 07:01 AM

354 posts, read 754,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

1. Health care - don't get sick; if you do get sick, die.
2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
3. Abortion - Men know what's best.
4. Foreign policy - If you're not with us, you're against us.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.
Wow that really is the Republican Party's platform in a nutshell.

They still may win because hate is a great motivator and people are stupid enough to believe what Faux News and the Koch Brothers tell them....

Old 03-15-2011, 07:27 AM

3,326 posts, read 2,727,763 times
Quote:
I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.
Translation; you aren't buying enough votes with "certain demographics" at the expense of the taxpaying public.

The short answer to that would be "if we did, we'd be democrats."

Old 03-15-2011, 07:30 AM

2,593 posts, read 3,583,811 times
The pendulum is certain to swing back the other way. Once republicans control the white house, all 100 senate seats, and all 538 house seats people will become disillusioned with their policies and vote the other way again. That depends upon if they turn us into a 3rd world nation though.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:31 AM

565 posts, read 424,474 times
Quote:

6. Drugs - just say no.

Good an funny post.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM

27,312 posts, read 19,263,244 times
Quote:
Republicans, how can you win on your platform?
by using a platform that bears little if any resemblance to your kossack-addled depiction?

Old 03-15-2011, 10:51 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,104,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backspace View Post
i'm sure you were asking yourself those exact same questions a few months back when your guys got slaughtered in the 2010 elections.
+1.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,653,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
The pendulum is certain to swing back the other way. Once republicans control the white house, all 100 senate seats, and all 538 house seats people will become disillusioned with their policies and vote the other way again. That depends upon if they turn us into a 3rd world nation though.
The House of Representatives has 435 seats.

United States congressional apportionment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-16-2011, 10:29 PM

9,857 posts, read 7,053,825 times
Quote:
The GOP IMO have been fighting against the Democrats using the treasury to get elected for decades. We are now broke because of it.
This President has increased national debt almost half again in only two years. The President screwed up the Gulf oil disaster being afraid to make a leadership decision just as he is now doing in Libya.
While beyond broke Obama puts in place a very costly health care monstrosity that fines those who haven't bought insurance $5000 a year.

The GOP has to get around to a Balanced Budget Amendment in 2012 and by law they have to make SS, Medicare, Welfare and the rest all on budget.

It isn't even about one party or the other anymore, it's time to slash the budget before the country goes down for good.

Maybe both parties get removed and new parties will form since the other two won't do what needs to be done.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:05 AM

22,408 posts, read 27,668,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmhughes View Post
Wow that really is the Republican Party's platform in a nutshell.

They still may win because hate is a great motivator and people are stupid enough to believe what Faux News and the Koch Brothers tell them....
I didn't realize that MSNBC is Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or