Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times

Advertisements

I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

1. Health care - don't get sick; if you do get sick, die.
2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
3. Abortion - Men know what's best.
4. Foreign policy - If you're not with us, you're against us.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
I stopped at #1 and couldnt read any further.. if you cant comprehend the position of those that disagree with you, then how do you expect to be taken seriously?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:46 PM

866 posts, read 1,559,946 times
Actually, I've wondered how Democrats can win on their platform.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,849,592 times
I'm sure you were asking yourself those exact same questions a few months back when your guys got slaughtered in the 2010 elections.

Old 03-14-2011, 08:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been looking at the GOP positions to all the problems which plague this nation and I'd like some clarification. Thus far, these are the GOP positions:

1. Health care - don't get sick; if you do get sick, die.
2. Civil Rights - Racism no longer exists; If you don't succeed it's ONLY because of your lack of effort. Keeps us from an issue we know nothing about.
3. Abortion - Men know what's best.
4. Foreign policy - If you're not with us, you're against us.
5. Economy - Give rich everything, they will trickle down. It has never worked but we've got nothing else.
6. Drugs - just say no.
7. Crime - Nation-building and international terrorism are higher priority; To keep taxes low, tell those criminals not to commit crimes; Neighborhoods must police themselves; Those people are inherently bad, it's in their genes.
8. Government reform - Do only when Democrats are in charge in the White House. When this happens, obstruct. When Republican in office, lie and protect the rich.
9. Budget - Complain about deficit and spending only when president is a Democrat; Otherwise, run up the deficit and spend like hell as warmongerers.
10. Welfare and Poverty - To hell with those folks. They are inherently flawed, inferior, and lazy. Their predicament is strictly because of their own behavior.
11. Technology - This benefits CA and silicon valley so don't support it. Instead, hire foreign labor on the cheap to maximize corporate bottom line and executive perks. Pretty innovative, huh?
12. Immigration - oppose it, but not too much. Use illegals to do our yards, clean our toilets while paying them dirt cheap. Do nothing about illegal immigration because the money can better be used to fund wars abroad. Complain what we didn't do when a Democrat is president.
13. Environment - Drill, drill, drill. To hell with the environment. The only green I care about is in my wallet.
14. Government - want it small, so there's no accountability. We don't mind if corners are cut to get things done, even if they result in the worst oil spill in history.
15. Education - support any mechanism so that rich, privileged kids can separate from the others. Others are naturally inferior and dumber and don't deserve the same consideration.
16. Principles and Values - Prayer in schools because God is watching. God doesn't mind if we are bigots and routinely practice racism. To hell with the working and middle class. If they can't excel, it's their own fault dammit. This is God's way. "We want our country back!"
17. Taxes - we need less taxes. To hell with programs to help the poor, the elderly, the sick, and the disadvantaged. To hell with everything, just keep those taxes low.
18. Gun Control - We need more guns. The world is a dangerous place, especially since we practice discrimination. We need to be able to target practice on defenseless wild animals to keep up our skills against the savages.
19. Infrastructure - to hell with it. Why waste money on this when we've got wars to fight and nations to build? Need to "spread democacy."
20. Campaign financing. We support more money being allowed for corporations to give us money. That way we can protect their interests. Same goes for the rich. Our platform stinks enough, so we need help for the deceptive marketing.

I think that's a pretty accurate assessment. My question for Republicans is how in the world can you expect to win back the White House with this platform? It stinks.
Excellent post
The answer is they are not expecting to win the Whitehouse in 2012, heck they will be lucky to hold onto what they have now. The Right has ben outnig themselves for the Pawns they really are and their idea of cutting spending starting with education is just another example of what the right considers important. They are waking up the American voters and I think that the GOP is going to get a rude awkening next elections.
And that is too bad, because I had hoped they would bring balance to our Federal government but what they brought was more division and politics as usual.
Casper

Old 03-14-2011, 08:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I stopped at #1 and couldnt read any further.. if you cant comprehend the position of those that disagree with you, then how do you expect to be taken seriously?
In other words you are replying to a post without having the slightest clue what you are replying to. Yes and we should listen to YOU
Casper

Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,071,773 times
Republicans did win on their platform Nov 2 And they are moving forward with what they promised to do. Are some people already forgetting the trouncing that the tax, spend, regulate, control dems took?

Old 03-14-2011, 09:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,087,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
In other words you are replying to a post without having the slightest clue what you are replying to. Yes and we should listen to YOU
Casper
This from the poster who considers this nonsense an "excellent post"..

I can empasize and comprehend why liberals hold the positions they do. I dont have to make up ridiculous postings full of lies to show I lack the ability to understand those that disagree with me, and then stand there dumbfounded as the opposition wins...

Last edited by pghquest; 03-14-2011 at 09:12 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Republicans, how can you win on your platform?

It is the same platforms that they won on Nov. 2nd, 2010

The independent vote is the prize to win.

That vote is leaning toward conservative values. The Progressive idea that has got us to where we are now, is being changed. Not by elected officials, but by super majorities of citizens that have had enough of the past mistakes.

Independent voters are not Republican or Democrat. They are leaning conservative. So, which ever candidate has those same values and actually does what they say they are going to do, they have a very good chance of being re-elected.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:13 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,604,477 times
Neither party has a platform that's worth a ****.

Funny though that the Democrats have become the party of personal freedom.

The Republicans seem to want it to be 1950 all over again. I guess that's what you call "pandering to the base"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections