Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 11:27 AM

324 posts, read 873,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
that is how he would cut the government, by taking away the military...Sure, just what we need, no military or almost none. This is not for me and it isn't for most Americans. Trimming is one thing, being anti is quite another. He is an idiot in my view.
Thats very unfortunate that you feel that way. ALL of the wars America has been engaged in was under false pretense, lies and corruption. If America was under the threat of attack, AMERICANS would willingly fight to defend our nation, but when you have a Nation of people trained to kill and not trained in peaceful societal growth you create a breeding ground for destruction (exactly what is happening globally).

Why do you think when America plans on ILLEGALLY enforcing its values on other nations they set up a national bank and teach the indigenous population how to be militant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 11:35 AM

131 posts, read 171,530 times
I don't believe in anybody running from republicans to democrats. I'm just going to sit at home and watch movies on election day. Then I'm just going to sit around and watch movies on winning night. This country is still going to be on its path either way it goes. I'm going to continue working to pay my expenses and taxes like I have been doing thus far under republican and democrat rule...

Old 04-21-2011, 12:38 PM

Who you VOTE for directly effects your taxes and your freedoms. A FREE NATION only works when FREE PEOPLE communicate together and take action together.

YOU CAN NOT afford to bury your head in the sand and think your are not being directly affected by politics.

The reason America will be LOST is because people DO NOT talk with each other ! people are to lazy to speak to the mayors and people of congress to express their concerns and desires.

STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans are the reason POISON is added to our water !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans are the reason ORGANIC RAW Foods are being banned so giant corporations can use genetically modified foods in our groceries !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans will watch television and think they can not positively change what is currrently happening to our country !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans can't be bothered LEARNING about the system that DIRECTLY CONTROLS THEIR LIVES !

It's time to stop being STUPID, LAZY and COWARDLY !! folks educate yourselves on what is happening to you !

There are so many alternative news sources that can educate you very quickly on what is happening but YOU have to want a better way of life ! YOU have to actually care about your life and the life of your community.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM

232 posts, read 220,340 times
Gary Johnson | Our America Initiative

Just came across this today. Gary Johnson seems like a viable candidate.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:45 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,112,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
Thats very unfortunate that you feel that way. ALL of the wars America has been engaged in was under false pretense, lies and corruption. If America was under the threat of attack, AMERICANS would willingly fight to defend our nation, but when you have a Nation of people trained to kill and not trained in peaceful societal growth you create a breeding ground for destruction (exactly what is happening globally).

Why do you think when America plans on ILLEGALLY enforcing its values on other nations they set up a national bank and teach the indigenous population how to be militant.
and where are you getting this information? You beleive what you want, you can continue to suppor him, I will continue to support my country and the miliitary thank you. I neve said all war is needed, I never viewed my feelings about Iraq and Afghanistan and won't at this time, but to eleminate or even come close to that or to take any benefits away from Military families is WRONG!!!!!I would guess I have been around a few more years than you.

Nita

Old 04-21-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Who you VOTE for directly effects your taxes and your freedoms. A FREE NATION only works when FREE PEOPLE communicate together and take action together.

YOU CAN NOT afford to bury your head in the sand and think your are not being directly affected by politics.

The reason America will be LOST is because people DO NOT talk with each other ! people are to lazy to speak to the mayors and people of congress to express their concerns and desires.

STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans are the reason POISON is added to our water !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans are the reason ORGANIC RAW Foods are being banned so giant corporations can use genetically modified foods in our groceries !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans will watch television and think they can not positively change what is currrently happening to our country !
STUPID LAZY COWARDLY Americans can't be bothered LEARNING about the system that DIRECTLY CONTROLS THEIR LIVES !

It's time to stop being STUPID, LAZY and COWARDLY !! folks educate yourselves on what is happening to you !

There are so many alternative news sources that can educate you very quickly on what is happening but YOU have to want a better way of life ! YOU have to actually care about your life and the life of your community.
and if we eleminate the military and if we are to believe what you are preaching about all wars we will soon lose all our freedoms. We are slowly losing them now.

Nita

Old 04-21-2011, 05:09 PM

@ nmnita

I can tell your probably married to someone in the military or have a child in the military so your views will be more emotional and biased but...

You have to see the bigger picture. National Defense IS needed but it does not need to be as large as it is. Money saved due to a smaller military will be used for other endeavors. Husbands and Sons who COULD HAVE been making money in the military might find other avenues to make money. Less money given to military means MORE money for businesses and individuals plus LITTLE to NO tax.

Instead of learning how to operate a drone that will kill 40 or 50 innocent people little johnny can focus on becoming an architect or commercial artist and earn a comfortable living without worrying about taxes.

Instead of learning how to NOT think for yourself and take orders from People you will never meet with unknown intentions little johnny could be developing new software for Apple computer or starting up his own software business.

Of course there will be those people that want to be in the military for whatever reason and they will be paid accordingly...but a majority of people DON'T WANT TO BE IN THE MILITARY...they only join because of financial issues from a deteriorating infrastructure.

It's a vicious cycle...Make people POOR and dependent on Federal / military careers. This ensures that NOTHING is ever produced from a nation and the gov' gets to keep control of EVERYONE.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:28 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJefferson View Post
Gary Johnson | Our America Initiative

Just came across this today. Gary Johnson seems like a viable candidate.
He has some good Fed regulatory and anti-TARP legislation. However, isnt he registered (R)?

That isn't really Independent for those of us Independents who refuse to drink the "Tea Party Kool Aid" thats supported by John Birch society members.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:05 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,508,186 times
Quote:
I like his views on energy, he is PRO solar, ANTI Nuclear, He wants to END the FED, He wants SMALLER Government, he is ANTI NAFTA and NWO, he is ANTI FLUORIDE in our water !! He wants affordable health care for all Americans. He is ANTI military, and PRO self sustainability (agriculture, infrastructure and culture) he is also PRO transparent government.

I don't care about PARTIES I care about individuals and their individual views on policies.
Anti NWO is a good one. Not seeing any Dem or Repug supporting individuals.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
He has some good Fed regulatory and anti-TARP legislation. However, isnt he registered (R)?

That isn't really Independent for those of us Independents who refuse to drink the "Tea Party Kool Aid" thats supported by John Birch society members.
Let's see? why do you think, because someone is a Republican they are connected with the Tea party and where do you get the idea Tea Partiers are John Birchers? Most John Birchers are in the ground or in a crematorium somewhere. There are very few true followers left.

If really bothers me when I see someone that is so narrow minded they can't consider a person that isn't part of their party or hold their views 100%. I think he might be very close to what independants and libetarions can support. Will he be able to get enough support and raise enough money to be a viable candidate, that remains to be seen in the next 6 months.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections