Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ????
Yes 51 42.15%
No 63 52.07%
Dunno 7 5.79%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 PM

577 posts, read 899,956 times

Advertisements

My sister (conservative) voted for him and will not again. She's in a swing state.

My husband (moderate) voted for him and probably will not again, but we're in a blue state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2011, 08:45 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times
I can't speak for anyone else as I don't spend time gauging other peoples opinions of an election that's over a year away. I will say that I voted for Obama the first time around and I am currently undecided. That has less to do with the job that he's doing than it does the current state of our country. I can tell you that I will not vote for Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin or Donald Trump. I would consider Mitt Romney. It all depends on whose running and where our country is.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:11 PM
JRR

8,159 posts, read 5,651,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I can't speak for anyone else as I don't spend time gauging other peoples opinions of an election that's over a year away. I will say that I voted for Obama the first time around and I am currently undecided. That has less to do with the job that he's doing than it does the current state of our country. I can tell you that I will not vote for Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin or Donald Trump. I would consider Mitt Romney. It all depends on whose running and where our country is.
My feelings exactly. I voted for Obama in 2008, but the Republicans can get my vote this time around as long as they nominate someone who is moderate, intelligent and really dedicated to getting the US back on track, instead of mainly interested in playing to the extreme faction of the party. I'm guessing that there are a lot of others like us that are just quietly waiting to see how the opposition to Obama shapes up. The Republicans have a chance for the votes of the middle, if they will just shut their ears to a lot of the noise. I'm keeping my hopes high, but my expectations low.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:35 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,659,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragneel View Post
If Mitch Daniels is candidate, Obama is dead I think.He got 20% of black vote in Indiana and won the youth vote.Incredible for a Republican.
True...against Jill Long Thompson. I voted for Mitch in 2008 but there is not a chance in hell I would vote for him for President against Obama. He also will not draw anywhere near 20% of the black vote against Obama or draw more youth voters.

Mitch would probably take Indiana but it would be much closer than most outsiders realize. A lot of Hoosiers are tired of him.

Anyway, he doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning a national election.

Old 04-06-2011, 09:55 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,551 times
if you don't live in a swing state, it doesn't really matter what your answer to this is.

Old 04-06-2011, 10:04 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,627,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
He wouldn't the first Pres candidate that's done it. Think of all of the good that he can do with that $$ if he wins a second term.
LOL....yeah about as good as the trillions of dollars he has already spent. And you see where that has gotten us........NOWHERE!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
True...against Jill Long Thompson. I voted for Mitch in 2008 but there is not a chance in hell I would vote for him for President against Obama. He also will not draw anywhere near 20% of the black vote against Obama or draw more youth voters.

Mitch would probably take Indiana but it would be much closer than most outsiders realize. A lot of Hoosiers are tired of him.

Anyway, he doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning a national election.
and do you have any data to support your comments about his not standing a chance? Could your views be based on how you personally feel? As for the youth vote, I happen to be involved with many young people in and just out of college in the past few years. Most of them either will not be voting in 2012 or certainly are disalustioned with Obama. I grant you, I am basing my views on a very small number of young people, but these are people from many areas of the country.

Nita

Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Is that a web poll? Because I just Googled the exact wording of that question and that's what I found with results very close to yours. A web poll.

A web poll for the local online newspaper. The poll doesn't allow the person taking the poll to vote more than once. I wondered about the state's voting blue/red and altho it said normally votes blue, been seeing a trend towards red.

Letters, April 7, 2011: Red state, beware and reproductive services* - Letters - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -
'Red state'?: West Virginia pattern* - Editorials - The Charleston Gazette - West Virginia News and Sports -
A Senate race that’s against Obama - The Boston Globe
1996 shows WV in blue
2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College
2000 to now, shows red
2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

Only time will tell... 2012 Voting results: ?

Old 04-07-2011, 09:43 AM

839 posts, read 2,416,157 times
I think it depends a lot on the state of the economy. Specifically, the economy of Main Street, as opposed to Wall Street.....

Also, Obama's chances of re-election will have a lot to do with what type of candidate the Republicans come up with....

IMHO,

If the economy improves dramatically in a way that unemployment drops due to significant creation of new, good paying jobs and individual people feel like the situation has improved for them personally, then yes, I think Obama will serve a second term.

Conversely, if the economy gets worse, I think he will be more likely to serve a second term as well. This is due to a public perception that a Republican would be more likely to cut programs that an unemployed person might need to take advantage of.

If the economy stays the same and the Republicans can come up with a viable candidate who can be taken seriously, then no, I don't believe Obama will serve a second term.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:55 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
Possibly, too early to tell. If people actually consider what Obama has done (or rather, has not done) for the United States and the world, then he will not be reelected. I don't have much faith in the intelligence of most people in this country, so my guess is, there will likely be a lot of wide eyed people drooling over a pile of new, shiny campaign promises again, as their lives crumble around them for another four years.

Guess time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections