Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 09:06 AM

4,246 posts, read 12,026,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Oh yes he does. You're forgetting the man is the incumbent which means he'll be even harder to defeat this time around. He won't be able to really get things done until his next term. That's usually how it works with most politicians when they become lame ducks because they know they have nothing left to lose.
If it's so easy for him then why is he going to spend 1 billion (the most ever)? Name me what he promised during his campaign that he full filled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 10:44 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
with an all time record senate filibusters and obstructionism

GOP = the party of NO.... As Ted Stevens once said, "NO!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittzStar View Post
Without 60 votes in the Senate, how did the rethuglicans not stop them?

Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Barack Obama will undoubtedly get re-elected. The economy didn't recover overnight when he came into office, but he's already accomplished more in two years than Bush did in two terms. The Republicans haven't offered any solutions to fix the economy, either. Keep in mind Barack Obama will be the incumbent meaning he'll be harder to defeat than 2008. Don't be surprised if he wins by a landslide. I'm 80-percent sure this next election will be a runaway victory for the Democrats.

Also, the conservatives can't find anyone who measures up. Mike Huckabee already stated he probably won't run. That man has too many skeletons in his closet, furthermore. The guy is an right-wing evangelical Christian for one thing. Plus, he pardoned a guy who killed several people in Arkansas, and he has a son who was ousted as a Boy Scout leader for torturing puppies. Those alone are wild cards that will disqualify him from the race. Sarah Palin will be lucky if she even makes it to the primary. I'm sure she'll run to massage her Alaska-sized ego, too. Not even John McCain stood a chance playing his veteran card, so I'm positive the same is true about the other Republicans.

Barack Obama's ratings are now higher than that of either Clinton or Reagan around this time frame during their first terms. What you're also forgetting is there are more black voters than ever before. They'll probably pour into the polls more so than they did in 2008. Myriad Hispanic voters are disenchanted with the Republican Party as well. Not to mention recent college graduates like yours truly are disgusted over the way Republicans haven't done a damn thing about unemployment and even wanted to slash benefits for the 99ers. They're the ones that gave tax cuts to big businesses.

I'm hoping when Scott Walker gets recalled which I'm sure he will, our friends in Wisconsin will spark the catalyst towards something big. His being ousted will leave a bad headline for the Republicans and cost many of them their seats. I'm half-expecting the Democrats will regain control of both houses again after this whole debacle Bush got us into. Unless something terrible happens, I see no way he WILL NOT get re-elected end of story.
If he does you can kiss America goodbye.

Old 04-09-2011, 05:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm sorry to have to inform you, but Obama's name is and always has been Obama. You have been deceived by a manipulative propaganda campaign to prey on those who lack skills of critical analysis and/or who seek to have their fears validated. Here are the facts:

snopes.com: Obama's Occidental College Records / Meet the Soetoros

Your argument about gas and food prices betrays your prior argument, since the same thing happened under an entirely Republican-controlled government. Your attempt to draw a causal link between Obama's policies and those prices fails on that ground alone.
Well, us Canadians have soooo much oil here. They are drilling it and digging it and selling lots to the USA. I'm paying more for my gas than you Yanks are???? From here on in I'm blaming Obama. YEP, that must be it for sure. And and and, Our uber conservative government has the biggest deficit in Canadian history. You know, those guys who are the same here as they are there. They don't like spending any money if it's not for their themselves and their friends. So how did they manage to get such a big deficit? It's just gotta be Obama's fault I'd say.

And the freakin weather!!! WE had good weather as long as the republicans were in charge of it. It's Obama and that freakin Gore, they are cutting back on those greenhouse gasses and it's sending a freakin ice age on us Canuks.

Go newt, Go painlin, go bachwoman, YA, we need all that pollution and smog just to keep the freakin polar bears outta my backyard.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:39 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
There is no chance that the economy will improve in the dramatic manner in which it did so after previous recessions due to this President's implimentation of obstacle after obstacle from too many regulatory agencies to count for businesses and individuals to have faith to hire more employees and/or launch new businesses.

His ongoing and totally pointless 'war against our seniors' as well as the ongoing destruction of the middle class thanks to his deliberate engineering (via the boneheaded policies of his Treasury & Energy Secretaries), and especially the African-Americans who elected him and incomprehensibly will vote for him again will lead to his demise next year.

The independents bailed on him by the millions this past November, and they're not going to vote for him again; they and the conservative encompass over sixty percent of the electorate, and the numbers don't lie.

So stick a fork in Obama--he's done!

Old 04-09-2011, 09:42 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,482,138 times
Well you know about the Mayans and that 2012 thing.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:44 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Ironically, the Citizens United case will allow Obama to raise about $1 billion for his reelection campaign. Whoever the tattered and torn Republican is that will crawl across the finish line of what will be a brutal primary, will have to deal with a well funded and organized Obama machine.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,630,098 times
America was dumb enough to elect the incompetent moron once, so yes, its completely possible that in 2012 they will be just as dumb and elect the incompetent moron again.

Old 04-09-2011, 09:51 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Actually, Obama's 2012 fate is meaningless, as the GOP will solidly control both houses. 21 Dem seats come up in '12, several like ND in states they have no shot in. GOP went 18 for 18 in '10 defending their seats, so they have the walk in the park 2012, that Dems had in 10 when they had few seats to defend.

Plus, 7 more House seats go to the South, while the Northern blue states lose 7 seats.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:14 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Actually, Obama's 2012 fate is meaningless, as the GOP will solidly control both houses. 21 Dem seats come up in '12, several like ND in states they have no shot in. GOP went 18 for 18 in '10 defending their seats, so they have the walk in the park 2012, that Dems had in 10 when they had few seats to defend.

Plus, 7 more House seats go to the South, while the Northern blue states lose 7 seats.
It actually might work out better that way. I think I like divided government better anyway. The House will probably stay in Republican control, but they will have a smaller majority. I'm not exactly sure if they will take the Senate or not. They should have took it this year, but the tea party snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. There's a good chance they will screw up some other Senate races in 2012 and you have to factor in it will be a presidential election year, which will bring more Democratic voters to the polls than 2010.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections