U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:42 PM
 
21,994 posts, read 17,181,017 times
Reputation: 8870

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Nobody said he'd fix it overnight. He's tried diligently. Part of getting things done is cooperation which he hasn't gotten much of from the Republicans.
And God Bless the Republicans!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:43 PM
 
21,994 posts, read 17,181,017 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Nobody said he'd fix it overnight. He's tried diligently. Part of getting things done is cooperation which he hasn't gotten much of from the Republicans.
Yet, his own party was defeated in the last election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Austin
758 posts, read 216,071 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
He tried diligently between vacations right? Who took more vacations, Obama or Bush?
Well considering the fact that Bush took 2 years of vacation and Obama has taken less than a month, the answer would be Bush. He works even when he's on vacation. The amount he's taken during his first two years is minuscule compared to that which was taken by both Bushes and Reagan. The only time I recall him ever going on vacation was when it was during the holiday season. That right there is proof that he isn't Muslim because otherwise he'd have done that during Ramadan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Columbus
4,879 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Nobody said he'd fix it overnight. He's tried diligently. Part of getting things done is cooperation which he hasn't gotten much of from the Republicans.
Democrats were in charge of the House, the Senate and the Presidency for 2 years. There was little to nothing Republicans could do to stop anything.

Anything that Obama did not accomplish was either his or his partys fault. Republicans had nothing to do with it.

I think most everyone realizes this.


They had 2 years to pass a budget for 2011. Repubs couldn't stop them. Now they blame Repubs because they were too incompetent to do their own job. Pathetic.

Last edited by OhioIstheBest; 04-08-2011 at 06:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:45 PM
 
21,994 posts, read 17,181,017 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Well considering the fact that Bush took 2 years of vacation and Obama has taken less than a month, the answer would be Bush. He works even when he's on vacation. The amount he's taken during his first two years is minuscule compared to that which was taken by both Bushes and Reagan. The only time I recall him ever going on vacation was when it was during the holiday season. That right there is proof that he isn't Muslim because otherwise he'd have done that during Ramadan.
Links???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Columbus
4,879 posts, read 2,203,063 times
Reputation: 1424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
The only time I recall him ever going on vacation was when it was during the holiday season. .
You don't recall very well then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:46 PM
 
Location: Austin
758 posts, read 216,071 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And God Bless the Republicans!!!
So god bless the Republicans for trying to sabotage all the work he's doing to fix the economy and their lackluster efforts to do anything worthwhile? People last election voted based on emotion because he didn't make everything happen overnight. He's doing an outstanding job. Also, the Democrats have control of the Senate still last time I checked. They only lost the House, so no he didn't lose control of his party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
75,116 posts, read 35,942,559 times
Reputation: 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
Barack Obama will undoubtedly get re-elected. The economy didn't recover overnight when he came into office, but he's already accomplished more in two years than Bush did in two terms.
I agree that Obama will get reelected because of what you say.

People, blind with political party affiliation, will not take an objective view nor do any independent research.

And when the new 2012 promises start to hit the airwaves the masses will buy into them hook, line and sinker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
 
21,994 posts, read 17,181,017 times
Reputation: 8870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus528 View Post
So god bless the Republicans for trying to sabotage all the work he's doing to fix the economy and their lackluster efforts to do anything worthwhile? People last election voted based on emotion because he didn't make everything happen overnight. He's doing an outstanding job. Also, the Democrats have control of the Senate still last time I checked. They only lost the House, so no he didn't lose control of his party.
Do tell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM
 
Location: .....
956 posts, read 571,221 times
Reputation: 597
Orpheus I feel for you. However, you must know that you are outnumbered in this thread as the grown ups don't have the time or the patience to argue with those who will dismiss any information which goes contrary to their narrative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:06 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top