Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:26 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I don't want an entertainer the President of the United States. This guy is becoming a complete joke with each day that goes by.
Yes, but he's still the President and we have to endure him until 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 06:34 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Trump? Gets support from some leaders in this Country. The likes of an the infinitely wise man..Frankie Graham. O'Donnell, gets Graham about right.

YouTube - Lawrence O'Donnell Interviews Newest Birther - Franklin Graham

Old 04-27-2011, 09:11 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,162,457 times
Donald Trump has a great chance at winning simply because he is one of the few members that actually control the government through corporatocracy already, so it's not a huge difference whether he's in office or not, he's already one of the guys pulling the strings of the puppets.

The only difference is that he can fund his own campaign, he doesn't depend as strongly on contributions, but make no mistake about it, like all other presidential candidates of the last 50 years, their focus is solely on serving the interests of the elite corporations and conglomerate world banks that make up the Federal Reserve.

We may see some recovery in his presidency while riding on the coat tails of elite corporate success, but it will once again be short lived as long as inflation continues to exist and government spending remains at an all time high.

As much as I'd like my candidate win the presidency next election (not Trump), I'm realistic in the expectation that it will take another 2 or 3 "recession cycles" before the entire monetary system collapses on itself and the sleeping american people finally wake up and take back the government that has been taxing and stealing from them for the last 80 years.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I remember the ice rink story fromn a finance class I took. Very impressive story.
I would guess the reason for donating to the demos is simple. When you're a billionair developer, you donate to both parties to cover your bases. Whichever party wins, you win...! It's just a matter of good business...
I too was living NY when Trump quickly fixed Wollman Rink which was in long disrepair.
I hope he runs for president. I really do think it's his time.

The Donald-The President!

Old 04-27-2011, 10:20 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,200,962 times
when did they announce this new fake "reality show"? who else is going to be on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetContactLense View Post
Donald Trump is the only one to make America what it once was. GREAT AGAIN!

It would be the most entertaining presidency in decades.

President Donald Trump - 2013 to 2021.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:45 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
If in the end it's Trump vs. Obama, Trump gets my vote.

We'll see.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:51 AM

19,506 posts, read 9,534,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I too was living NY when Trump quickly fixed Wollman Rink which was in long disrepair.
I hope he runs for president. I really do think it's his time.

The Donald-The President!

Wondering who might be V/P choice?

Last edited by cat1116; 04-27-2011 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: wording/spelling

Old 04-27-2011, 10:53 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
Wondering who might be V/P choice?
Maybe Cain or Rubio?

Old 04-27-2011, 11:10 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Maybe Cain or Rubio?
I think he'll pick someone really snazzy.

Jokes aside, he HAS made these sort of statements before and ended up NOT running. So, only time will tell.

He would really have to weigh out if the position would be compromised by his Trump Empire, so to speak, as far as how many issues he would have to recuse himself from voting/speaking on based on personal financial interest.

I personally really like him. He's done more for America in terms of philanthropy, just because he was an American and loved his country, for a very long time. He's a financially brilliant man and quite frankly....we've needed one of those in the White House for quite a few DECADES!

Old 04-27-2011, 01:37 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetContactLense View Post
Donald Trump is the only one to make America what it once was. GREAT AGAIN!

It would be the most entertaining presidency in decades.

President Donald Trump - 2013 to 2021.
I'd rather vote for Obama. Trump is a joke, now if the Republicans were smart and wanted someone with a business background, they would back Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections