Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:33 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,454,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54mi View Post

Well he tried and he keeps trying! That's more than anyone of those in office has done. He even took the time to write a book and do speaches about it as well as place posts on his website. He is very much revered and admired for this.
He's written several books.

Campaign for Liberty was inspired by him and they have several hundred thousand if not millions of members by now. Also lots of the Tea Partiers will support him. Most Libertarians will support him and the smarter Democrats and Republicans will support him. I think that is enough to give Obama a run for his money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Today he said on CNBC that among the first things he would do as president is STOP SPENDING on wars and would bring the troops home. He said he would VETO BILLS until some good ones were actually introduced. He said it isn't realistic to end the FED but he said they need to be weakened and their ability to print $$ needs to be taken away. He says just by doing the first two things we'd see the dollar and the economy strengthen. Also he pointed out that by exposing the fact that the FED gave 1/3 of the bail-out money to foreign banks was something we never would have found out if there hadn't been pressure to audit the FED.
you gotta love that!

because after the federal reserve meeting today the dollar will likely tank even further.

i think when people are tired of paying more at the pumps, tired of paying more for their groceries, tired of struggling to keep up with day to day expenses, and tired of all groups of americans being pitted against each other, they will be more than happy to vote for ron paul and his running mate.

it sure as heck would be nice to have an adult in charge. i can't believe that they did not address all that money going to foreign banks-but then i have to remember that they all voted for it-mccain, obama, and hillary-but not ron paul.

let me add the names of the people who decided to give YOUR money to foreign banks:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xEw_wnCvE_...ssage_vote.jpg

and remember to support those on the list who chose not to give our money to foreign bankers.

Last edited by floridasandy; 04-27-2011 at 05:08 PM..

Old 04-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you gotta love that!

because after the federal reserve meeting today the dollar will likely tank even further.

i think when people are tired of paying more at the pumps, tired of paying more for their groceries, tired of struggling to keep up with day to day expenses, and tired of all groups of americans being pitted against each other, they will be more than happy to vote for ron paul and his running mate.

it sure as heck would be nice to have an adult in charge. i can't believe that they did not address all that money going to foreign banks-but then i have to remember that they all voted for it-mccain, obama, and hillary-but not ron paul.

let me add the names of the people who decided to give YOUR money to foreign banks:

1424_final_passage_vote.jpg (image)

and remember to support those on the list who chose not to give our money to foreign bankers.
That is the problem. Congress did not vote for it. They went along with Paulson when he told Congress that if the banks weren't bailed out, the country would immediately turn into a Police State. They did NOT know about all the subsequent bail-outs of foreign banks etc. THIS IS THE PROBLEM. The Federal Reserve is SECRET. Nobody knows including Congress what they do. Congressman Paul is the only one that has been aware of how DANGEROUS that is for our country and says he was concerned beginning in 1971 when we went off the gold standard and the Fed could then start freely priniting $$ out of thin air which they did. This is the reason the dollar buys so little now. The problem is CONGRESS hasn't monitored the Fed because they haven't cared about it-- UNTIL NOW thanks to Ron Paul.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 PM

Everyone be sure not to miss the montage of Ron Paul that bigskydude in post number 7 linked to. It is one of the BEST ones from the last campaign out there. Imagine, if he was that popular then, and had the majority if the MILITARY behind him, just think how many more from the groups that supported him last time will support him this time.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 PM

Judge Anthony Napalitono chats with Congressman Ron Paul about being President and what the role should be and his position on issues --including City-Data favorites of abortion and Gay Marriage ...which if you listen and want a FREE country and a Federal government that doesn't get involved in your personal life, you can't help but like his answer.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Why I Want To Be President

Old 04-28-2011, 06:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Judge Anthony Napalitono chats with Congressman Ron Paul about being President and what the role should be and his position on issues --including City-Data favorites of abortion and Gay Marriage ...which if you listen and want a FREE country and a Federal government that doesn't get involved in your personal life, you can't help but like his answer.

YouTube - Ron Paul: Why I Want To Be President
Many people like a lot of what he says, but have problems with a few issues. Add to that his age and regardless of how we should be electing our leaders, personality does play into the scene. Too many people just plain do not like him....It would be pretty hard to take a man who will be close to 80 years old, not well liked and elect him the President of our country.

Nita

Old 04-28-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Many people like a lot of what he says, but have problems with a few issues. Add to that his age and regardless of how we should be electing our leaders, personality does play into the scene. Too many people just plain do not like him....It would be pretty hard to take a man who will be close to 80 years old, not well liked and elect him the President of our country.

Nita
How can anyone not like him? He is polite, honest a real gentleman and smart as anything. Look at some YouTube videos of him where he is circulating among people in a room. He is very approachable and very patient with people that don't have his knowledge and you can tell he really CARES about the country.

Obama on the other hand tries to be "cool" but in person I hear that he is cold and arrogant and very thin skinned in person. I read tht he doesn't even acknowledge people sometimes and just ignores them. Who wants a president like that? Obama can't take criticism at all and Ron Paul is very used to it even though he is most undeserving of it.

Not voting for Ron Paul is like looking a gift horse in the mouth as far as I'm concerned-- especially after we've lived through what a miserable job Obama has done and how he thinks of himself more of a "king" than a president and during the same period, Ron Paul has been pointing out all the mistakes and what the solutions could be and should be and Obama has done none of them.

It could be generations before anyone as gifted as Ron Paul runs for President.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM

Does this body language help Obama's likability? No. It shows him as he may be most of the time off camera: an arrogant snob who might not even care to even acknowledge you.

http://theundergroundconservative.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/obama-biden-arrogance.jpg?w=460&h=683 (broken link)
If you do a search for Obama and key word "arrogant" you get lots of hits all showing/ describing Obama as being arrogant, cold and disrespectful. If you do the same for Ron Paul you get examples of others being arrogant and disresepctful TOWARDS Ron Paul. So from a likability standpoint, I think Ron Paul wins.

Last edited by emilybh; 04-28-2011 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2011, 02:22 PM

If this isn't showing a likable man I don't know what likable is.

YouTube - Ron Paul on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Part 1

Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,263,832 times
time for R's to practice what they preach about cutting gov.

if you are serious about really cutting gov, you'll vote RP or johnson in your primary.

Now more than ever, there is no reason not to. If you want corporate-status quo, you all will keep voting the cfr/wallstreet types like mccain, bush, romney.

Show us your true colors R's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections