Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Actually Herman Cain, busted onto the national scene, walking away with that little episode, last night.

How many people actually watched this thing?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-5-2011/91814/

Quote:
Note, it’s not in the table below, but the Republican presidential debate ran 31 minutes into the 10pm hour, the numbers for those 31 minutes were 973,000 adults 25-54, 1.471 million adults 35-64, and 3.28 million total viewers (P2+).
Sorry a show watched by 3.28 million views hardly counts as "Busted On To The National Scene"

It evident by the fact that Herman Cain is still way down in the polls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Santorum was awful. Should I say god awful? He is the last type of Republican I want back in office. Ron Paul has always been my favorite, but he is so old. He was old in 08. Doesn't matter I'll still vote for him. I also really like Gary Johnson. Pawlenty seems like the type of person who just wants the job and will always take the most popular position of his party, kind of like Romney.

For some reason I seemed to get distracted every time Mr. Cain's answered, so I really didn't get a feel for him. Nothing he did, I just happened to be listening to someone or talking during his answers. I will have to do further research, since it sounds like he did well. But by who's standards did he do well? A family values, bible belt Republican, or a libertarian Republican? That counts.
I didn't like Santorum before the debate, but I thought he did well for himself. Pawlenty also did well, I just disagree with a couple of his positions.

Herman Cain spoke about using our military only in the interest of America, with a plan for victory, support right to work states, fair tax 23%, empower the states for illegal immigration. He supports Arizona 1070, they have no choice. Gov't must enforce the law, whether immigration or DOMA (Defense of Marriage). He is very likeable, and worthy of consideration.
Johnson? I cannot take him seriously.

Old 05-12-2011, 02:10 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,280,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Paul crush Obama with the youth vote?

Don't make me laugh!

Ron Paul has NEVER even won a statewide election. The guy is a terrible campaigner.

If you hope is Ron Paul in 2012.

YOU HAVE NO HOPE!
Paul's candidacy is most popular on college campuses across the country. So yeah, he'd get a lot of the youth vote...

Youth vote + Libertarian votes + Republican votes + Independent voters = Dominating Obama in the general election

His message appeals to a good majority of Americans... maybe that's why the media (and democrats) are so afraid of him...

Old 05-12-2011, 02:26 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Paul's candidacy is most popular on college campuses across the country. So yeah, he'd get a lot of the youth vote...

Youth vote + Libertarian votes + Republican votes + Independent voters = Dominating Obama in the general election

His message appeals to a good majority of Americans... maybe that's why the media (and democrats) are so afraid of him...
let's face it, they will find someone to pick on: Let a Republican show even a little gain and it is "here we go again" let's beat the guy or gal up. I do agree Paul is a lousy compaigner, and he just doesn't have a likable personality. I don't mean a bubbly one, we don't need that, but likable. You know how I feel about his age as well, but I would have to say, with all his faults, I think if he were 10 years younger he would put Obama to shame. Yes, he would have had the youth vote and he still might.

Nita

Old 05-12-2011, 09:10 PM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post

Along with media and democrats, the establishment Republicans are afraid of him too. Paul is not a globalist and they are.

Old 05-13-2011, 02:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Along with media and democrats, the establishment Republicans are afraid of him too. Paul is not a globalist and they are.
that is the truth. i see establishment starting to come down on paul and his "wacky" ways. they did the same thing when ross perot was talking about the great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country, and they said he was "wacky" too.

i see that our trade deficit is INCREASING, so we haven't fixed a darn thing and have no intention on doing so.

obama, instead of going to flood zones in our country or areas hit by wildfires goes to el paso to push for illegal immigration, while throwing our money at mexico. (and libya, and afghanistan,and pakistan, etc)

it is a sad state of affairs for americans now.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:21 PM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that is the truth. i see establishment starting to come down on paul and his "wacky" ways. they did the same thing when ross perot was talking about the great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country, and they said he was "wacky" too.

i see that our trade deficit is INCREASING, so we haven't fixed a darn thing and have no intention on doing so.

obama, instead of going to flood zones in our country or areas hit by wildfires goes to el paso to push for illegal immigration, while throwing our money at mexico. (and libya, and afghanistan,and pakistan, etc)

it is a sad state of affairs for americans now.
Well said. Republicans don't seem to care that illegals are voting in mass, and it seems the only good thing is that Americans are demanding their country back more or less depending on where they live so... something has to give at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections