Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 09:37 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think it's a gimmick to say you're not in favor of Jim Crow, you're in favor of property rights. It depends on how you spin it.
LMAO
Ron Paul is against the war on drugs. Guess who that affects negatively more than any other group? Minorities

Ron Paul is for keeping our troops out of harms way when it is not part or protecting our borders like the Constitution says. Guess who gets put in harms way more than any other group? minorities

yea I get what you mean about how you spin it. Ron Paul is puts that back in its hole where it belongs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Amen! I couldn't read the whole thread, so I hope I'm not repeating someone else when I say that Ron Paul is also supportive of a business being allowed to put up a 'NO WHITES' sign.
No he's not supportive. You should listen to his words before you post. Many times he has said he abhors racism and lists Ghandi, MLK, and Rosa Parks as his heros. He has said many times it is the role of society not government.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Laws, the same tool that small government folks preach about to protect the people.
Because "to serve and to protect" was on a cop car door you believed it? The police do not protect for the most part. They arrive after the fact. Dunno where you live but no cop stands outside my door. Maybe if I was in a rich neighborhood. naahh they hire Security guards with their own money.

Believe in the individual. Government should be play a very small role like our Founders wanted.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Because "to serve and to protect" was on a cop car door you believed it? The police do not protect for the most part. They arrive after the fact. Dunno where you live but no cop stands outside my door. Maybe if I was in a rich neighborhood. naahh they hire Security guards with their own money.

Believe in the individual. Government should be play a very small role like our Founders wanted.
The founders didn't want the government to be weak (remember, they made a quick move from Articles of Confederation to the US Constitution in a matter of months). They certainly didn't want the corporations to start ruling the world. They did, however, provide a lip service with "all men are created equal" while devising a system that protected the rich and the wealthy (they were no self-defeaters). They believed in the individual, but they were also threatened by individuals in a democratic set up. So, don't give me this crap about individualism.

When I hear small governmentors speak about free market and how it would protect the individual, I see the same premise that goes with a cop car... always late to the scene.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:07 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times
Quote:
I had no idea there were so many contitutional lawyers posting on this thread. It's been almost 50 years. Why hasn't the CRA been taken to the Supreme Court if it's unconstitutional?
Oh, because "liberals control everything", dontcha know... Or at least that's the usual line of thinking from the paranoid right-wingers.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:20 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This is obviously where you two disagree with myself. I believe this is supposed to be a free country, in which people are allowed to do things that may or may not be socially acceptable, as long as they are not harming others. That is in essence the embodiment of the first-amendment.

You two seem to want a government that tells people what they are allowed to do, say, eat, buy. Where they are allowed to work, who they must hire, what they must learn, etc.

You give lip-service to freedom, then you abandon it as soon as it doesn't match your views and beliefs.

You two are hypocrites of the highest order.

You're new motto should be "You are free to do anything that I will allow you to do."
Maybe YOU should re-read my post. I NEVER said the right to refuse service should be taken away. What I DID say was that they are Not expressing their Freedoms they are simple Racists. Whether or not you agree with that FACT does not change the truth. So next time read my posts reeeeally slow and you just might not look so foolish in your replies.
Casper

Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It isn't accurate and anyone but the dumbest people ought to be able to figure out that the Media is just trying to SPIN what he says. They will also see that he isn't letting them this time.
I understand that. I was making a point on what another poster stated in that they are just expressing their freedoms if they do post such signs. As for RP I doubt he is a racist, and I believe his comments were being spun to attack him. FYI I am no fan of RP but believe in fair treatment by the media for ALL candidates or public figures, as if that will happen any time soon.
Casper

Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,048,028 times
Maddow isn't going to let the facts deter her from concocting a hatchet piece for the middle grade school mentality audience she's targeting.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,277,309 times
Quote:
I had no idea there were so many contitutional lawyers posting on this thread.
Constitutional lawyers are a dime a dozen. Just look at Obama.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Constitutional lawyers are a dime a dozen. Just look at Obama.
That would be PRESIDENT Obama
Get used to the idea for another 5 1/2 years.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections