Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:54 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,315 times

Advertisements

I've said for awhile he is more of a democrat than anything else.

Look at his views and past votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2011, 01:57 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Because he is the one that the pundits predict would get the most moderate/centrist Independent votes on the GOP side.

Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because he is the one that the pundits predict would get the most moderate/centrist Independent votes on the GOP side.
I think he would as well. But he isn't the answer for conservatives.

And I'm not a lesser of two evils type of guy.

I don't see how any conservative can claim to be one and vote for Romney.

I think most that vote for him won't even know his democratic record, and just assume he's conservative because he'll have an R in front of his name.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post

I think most that vote for him won't even know his democratic record, and just assume he's conservative because he'll have an R in front of his name.
I've known for a while that Romney is a RINO. Worse than McCain. I'm not gonna be voting for him in the primary of course. I'm only gonna vote for Romney is he's the winner of the primary election

Old 05-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I've known for a while that Romney is a RINO. Worse than McCain. I'm not gonna be voting for him in the primary of course. I'm only gonna vote for Romney is he's the winner of the primary election
To me that is admitting you are not a conservative.

If you go around saying all these conservative things and have conservative beliefs you would vote for somebody else or not vote.

Obama and Romney are very similar to me.

And that ain't bad if your looking for a liberal.

But give me a break if you are a conservative and would actually vote for him.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:15 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
I've said for awhile he is more of a democrat than anything else.

Look at his views and past votes.

I don't think any conservatives would, I won't. I think DC elitist RINO's like Krauthammer, George Will and David Brooks would, but they're not conservatives.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
To me that is admitting you are not a conservative.

If you go around saying all these conservative things and have conservative beliefs you would vote for somebody else or not vote.

Obama and Romney are very similar to me.

And that ain't bad if your looking for a liberal.

But give me a break if you are a conservative and would actually vote for him.
Who else am I gonna vote for? A Greenie or Ralph Nader, or Kucinich? Give me a good candidate that I would believe in and I'll vote for them. Otherwise, what's the point? I'm not gonna stay home and sit on my hands.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Who else am I gonna vote for? A Greenie or Ralph Nader, or Kucinich? Give me a good candidate that I would believe in and I'll vote for them. Otherwise, what's the point? I'm not gonna stay home and sit on my hands.
I voted for an independent in the Minnesota governor election, even though I knew he wouldn't win.

Voted for him because I agreed with him and what he stood for.

I refuse to vote for somebody I don't like, just because he is the lesser of two evils.

A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama, because they are the same.

And again, that's not a bad thing if you are a moderate or a liberal.

A fiscal conservative would never vote for him though.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:34 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:

They voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 and it wasn't hard to figure out he wasn't much of a conservative.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
They voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and 2004 and it wasn't hard to figure out he wasn't much of a conservative.

Are we talking primaries, or general election? If it's primaries, there's no way in heck that i will vote for Romney. If it's the general election I will hold my nose and vote for him, if it helps get rid of Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections