Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 03:49 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
He also was a yell leader at A&M, leader of the 12th Man.

Those in Texas who don't like Perry are just disappointed to see their agendas get slighted. Perry's goals in the Texas budget are goals we need in the U.S. budget.

Cut the government's budget, reduce it's labor force, shut down unnecessary waste. Adjust accordingly.
FT.com / US / Politics & Foreign policy - Perry undecided on White House run

A May poll by the University of Texas/Texas Tribune put Mr Perry’s job approval rating at 41 per cent and revealed only 4 per cent of Texas Republicans would vote for him for president. Analysts however suggest that might be because he is not seen as a candidate.

His approval rating is lower than Obama's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2011, 03:50 PM

589 posts, read 376,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Which plants? Are those the same ones that fly the Chinese and American flags side by side? I know those exist in both SC and Texas.

I want to close those too, as do most Americans who actually care about the economy and understand it.

You say Obama is extremely partisan and sees a big party of the country as "ennemy". Okay then. What do you call Perry? What do you call this hatred you obviously have of the "coasts" and "liberal areas"?
How dare you ? I don't have any hatred about coasts.And Perry doesn't have any hatred about them too.
About plants ? Plants threatened by EPA, thousands of workers could lose their jobs, but Texas used courts, they won't give up

And I don't have a problem to see Chinese plants in the US, it"s absolutely great to see them creating jobs and investing billions in the economy

Old 06-09-2011, 03:59 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
How dare you ? I don't have any hatred about coasts.And Perry doesn't have any hatred about them too.
About plants ? Plants threatened by EPA, thousands of workers could lose their jobs, but Texas used courts, they won't give up
Really? You don't? It's not like it isn't bleeding out of your previous posts.

Maybe the plants should follow the EPA regulations, perhaps?

Quote:
And I don't have a problem to see Chinese plants in the US, it"s absolutely great to see them creating jobs and investing billions in the economy
Frightening. But I suppose this is typical for right wingers who place the value of money over everything else.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Frightening. But I suppose this is typical for right wingers who place the value of money over everything else.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:

I would certainly prefer a fresh greenback for toilet paper over a single layer square of recycled tea leaves.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:

A May poll by the University of Texas/Texas Tribune put Mr Perry’s job approval rating at 41 per cent and revealed only 4 per cent of Texas Republicans would vote for him for president. Analysts however suggest that might be because he is not seen as a candidate.

If there were a guber' election in Texas today and Perry was the Conservative candidate... he'd win again.

If Perry were the conservative candidate in the Prez election and Obama... again, Perry would get 100% of Texas' electoral votes.

Regardless of some poll.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
If there were a guber' election in Texas today and Perry was the Conservative candidate... he'd win again.

If Perry were the conservative candidate in the Prez election and Obama... again, Perry would get 100% of Texas' electoral votes.

Regardless of some poll.
yeah, in 2010 so many said Bill White would win on Perry for governor..Results : not even close

Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flize View Post
yeah, in 2010 so many said Bill White would win on Perry for governor..Results : not even close
Are you referring to the polling done here on the C-D forum?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:

you would have to truely examine who was polled. That poll has been on this thread several times in the past few weeks. I guess you were not paying any attention.

Nita

Old 06-10-2011, 01:51 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
He's a member of a party that is on a track to nowhere. Gaining "steam" is meaningless.

President Obama still a 2-term President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections