Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times

Advertisements

Stumbled upon this website that has every poll listed. Nice and organized. Only bummer is they charge you to view state polls. Not going to do that.

WH2012: General

the only recent poll where he is trailing was the june 2nd abc post poll, where it was romney 49, 46.

since then, here are the numbers between the two for every poll released:

47, 41 obama quinnipiac
51, 38 obama reuters/ipsos
45, 39 obama fairleigh dickinson
48, 41 obama fox news
49, 43 obama nbc/wsj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2011, 06:53 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
I think Obama is in great shape. I think he'll not only win in 2012, he'll probably also help the Democrats pick up some seats in the House.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:09 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
i didnt even think about this, but i just focused on obama vs. romney, as if i already have it in my head that romney will win.

kind of scary that my first instinct was to just do only romney vs. obama, since that is what the media is pushing. guess they are starting to get to me.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 PM

1,282 posts, read 1,904,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I think Obama is in great shape. I think he'll not only win in 2012, he'll probably also help the Democrats pick up some seats in the House.
If he wins again, we are doomed. I am just telling you the truth. I am not an Obama hater, personally I like the man which is not something I would say about George W. Bush but the fact is that he is not a leader. This country needs strong and decisive leadership because we are in a mess of trouble and this guy just is not equipped for leadership. I saw this with the whole health care mess. He provided no leadership on that issue and left it to Congress to fight over the thing for 2 years and they came out with some plan that nobody likes or understands. This is what he has done on pretty much everything. Now I will admit that I am a Republican for the most part but I have voted for some Democrats in the past including Bill Clinton when he ran against Bob Dole and I actually switched parties to vote for Obama in the caucus because the thought of President Hillary sent chills up my spine. But I will be voting for the Republican provided that it is not a right wing extreme candidate like Sharron Angle was here.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:27 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Joe View Post
If he wins again, we are doomed. I am just telling you the truth. I am not an Obama hater, personally I like the man which is not something I would say about George W. Bush but the fact is that he is not a leader. This country needs strong and decisive leadership because we are in a mess of trouble and this guy just is not equipped for leadership. I saw this with the whole health care mess. He provided no leadership on that issue and left it to Congress to fight over the thing for 2 years and they came out with some plan that nobody likes or understands. This is what he has done on pretty much everything. Now I will admit that I am a Republican for the most part but I have voted for some Democrats in the past including Bill Clinton when he ran against Bob Dole and I actually switched parties to vote for Obama in the caucus because the thought of President Hillary sent chills up my spine. But I will be voting for the Republican provided that it is not a right wing extreme candidate like Sharron Angle was here.

Unlike you, i don't like him, did not vote for him, think we are in deep troulbe, think he got in over his head, and we are doomed, if people vote him in again. Vegas is not doing all that well, i have many friends who live there, and a world of foreclosures as here in Calif and in the E.C.
He is bad news for business, has no business sense at all, the worse housing criris because of him, and the man does know how to spend spend spend. Policies suck, and he has no problems blaming everyone in the world plus atm's for our troubles, but himself. Hope people got smart!

Old 06-15-2011, 07:30 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times
Vegas, so who do you think is going to do better? You'd think that in such dire times the Republicans would pull out the big guns, but that hasn't been the case so far. Romney, really? Is that 2008 all over again? Why do the Republcans insist on running a known loser? We'll see how things shape up once Huntsman enters the fray, but so far I just don't see the person who is going to unseat Obama.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,281,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Why would you want to vote for someone who hasn't kept any of his campaign promises?

Please break free from establishment politics.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 PM

277 posts, read 577,391 times
Better site

Election Forecasts - FiveThirtyEight Blog - NYTimes.com

Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Liberals paying attention realize that Obama is every bit the corporatist as any Republican ever was. He was also in over his head from the outset.
People will be paying attention to unemployment, the price of gas, and the future of the economy. If things remain the same, Obama is a shoe-in for a return to citizen status; not for a repeat term.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:25 AM

4,135 posts, read 10,815,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
Stumbled upon this website that has every poll listed. Nice and organized. Only bummer is they charge you to view state polls. Not going to do that.

WH2012: General

the only recent poll where he is trailing was the june 2nd abc post poll, where it was romney 49, 46.

since then, here are the numbers between the two for every poll released:

47, 41 obama quinnipiac
51, 38 obama reuters/ipsos
45, 39 obama fairleigh dickinson
48, 41 obama fox news
49, 43 obama nbc/wsj
You should count the sample and who is in the sample. I figure I hang up on at least 5 pollsters a week. The sample is way too small to be relevant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections